Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Music are you listining to right now

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Listening to some Boz Scaggs this morning while enjoying morning coffee. Have to say “Loan me a Dime” is in my all time top 50 tunes. Happy listening and 4th of July weekend. May you all hear the best of tunes. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    keener75 said:
    MotownVol said:
    Great cover of one of my favortie songs! Neil Young is National treasure up here! Thanks for sharing.

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options

Dixie Dregs - Punk Sandwich.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    Question for all the Marcus King and Gary Clark Jr fans out there...if you were going to download one album from each, which would you recommend? Leaving on a 17hr car ride tomorrow and looking for some new cruising music.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Caught me some random play of Ringo while enjoying some morning coffee. He will celebrate a big Burfday in a few days.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    keener75 said:
    Question for all the Marcus King and Gary Clark Jr fans out there...if you were going to download one album from each, which would you recommend? Leaving on a 17hr car ride tomorrow and looking for some new cruising music.
    I'd go with Carolina Confessions. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Agree that Carolina Confessions is great, but so if the new CD El Dorado.   Can’t go wrong with either.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • MotownVol
    Options
    Also like El Dorado. Typing to fast, or drinking too much.  Not sure which.
  • MotownVol
    Options
    This land is a great Gary Clark CD
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    thank you @GATraveller and @MotownVol. Appreciate the recommendations.
    We have stopped for the night so going to download for the home stretch tomorrow. I made the fam listen to 3 hours of Pearl Jam Live from the Gorge today. They didn't enjoy as much as I did.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    Options

• northGAcock
    Options
    Chicago III on Reel to Reel.....in the Black Light room (not really).....but listening most definitely. Always been a fan of Rock / Blues with (In general) horns. Not bad 7/4 listening. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    keener75 said:

I'm sure I'm too late but I love Gary's first live album. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Chicago III on Reel to Reel.....in the Black Light room (not really).....but listening most definitely. Always been a fan of Rock / Blues with (In general) horns. Not bad 7/4 listening. 
    In Junior High I played trombone in our "stage band" (4 'bones, 4 trumpets, 5 saxes, trap set, piano, elec. guitar & bass, so glad I went to school when the guv'mint still funded the arts!).  Our band director passed out the chart to "Free", from Chicago III.  Ironically it was the "B" side to a used 45 I had purchased earlier, and I was familiar as to how it was supposed to sound.  

Per his usual method, he had the band read it through from start to finish without stopping, the first time.  I was the only guy who came even close to getting thru the brass solo, and even in college I couldn't have played that tangled piece of music.  The other player's eyes just bugged out, looking at me, how the hell did you just (sorta) play that?!?

The band director laughed his butt off, collected the sheet music, and told us it was a bit too advanced for us.  I'll have to check EweTube to see if its posted there.

My high school band won a bunch of awards at a music contest in Enid, OK my sophomore year (we were in Sioux Falls) and we were invited to play in Europe!  Two years of paid concerts, car washes, turkey dinners, etc we had raised enough money to go.  We played about 3 shows a day, in different towns around Seefeld, Austria.  One of the pieces we played in our "concert" shows was a Chicago medley, about 4 or 5 Chicago tunes (not all hits, one was "A Hit by Varése") and it amazed me that the European crowds were just as much familiar with Chicago as they were our other pieces by European composers.  I'll always remember that!  

EDIT:  Hah!  I love EweTube!  The tangled part comes in at 1:18.  I didn't realize this song was so short, just over two minutes.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXnWRw7Gff4

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Options
    @northGAcock, do you also listen to Blood Sweat and Tears, Cold Blood, and especially Tower of Power?  All favorites of mine.  

• northGAcock
    Options
    I just purchased a BS&T on R2R.....and awaiting its arrival. Love them both. As for Tower of Power, I have enjoyed them as accompaniments of various artist. I must explore some of their own releases. A great recommendation and thanks.

i will mention Tedeski Trucks as a current band that has been favorited by my wife as well. 

Hope you and yours have had a great weekend thus far. Cheers my friend. 

• northGAcock
    Options
    Botch said:
    In Junior High I played trombone in our "stage band" (4 'bones, 4 trumpets, 5 saxes, trap set, piano, elec. guitar & bass, so glad I went to school when the guv'mint still funded the arts!).  Our band director passed out the chart to "Free", from Chicago III.  Ironically it was the "B" side to a used 45 I had purchased earlier, and I was familiar as to how it was supposed to sound.  

Per his usual method, he had the band read it through from start to finish without stopping, the first time.  I was the only guy who came even close to getting thru the brass solo, and even in college I couldn't have played that tangled piece of music.  The other player's eyes just bugged out, looking at me, how the hell did you just (sorta) play that?!?

The band director laughed his butt off, collected the sheet music, and told us it was a bit too advanced for us.  I'll have to check EweTube to see if its posted there.

My high school band won a bunch of awards at a music contest in Enid, OK my sophomore year (we were in Sioux Falls) and we were invited to play in Europe!  Two years of paid concerts, car washes, turkey dinners, etc we had raised enough money to go.  We played about 3 shows a day, in different towns around Seefeld, Austria.  One of the pieces we played in our "concert" shows was a Chicago medley, about 4 or 5 Chicago tunes (not all hits, one was "A Hit by Varése") and it amazed me that the European crowds were just as much familiar with Chicago as they were our other pieces by European composers.  I'll always remember that!  

EDIT:  Hah!  I love EweTube!  The tangled part comes in at 1:18.  I didn't realize this song was so short, just over two minutes.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXnWRw7Gff4
    We must break bread some day.....and listen to some tunes while we still some hearing left. Thanks for sharing this we me and others. Music is a universal language, and I find much comfort with it during these interesting times. I have always had great respect for those who have invested the time in learning to express oneself through the art of playing. 

• northGAcock
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival’s Ramble Tamable off of Cosmos’s  Factory (V to R2R playback)........in the Black Light room. Man those guys have more than earned the longevity moniker  of great tunes over the years. Cheers John if you happen to be an Egghead. 

• northGAcock
    Options

• Botch
    Options
  • northGAcock
    Options

• GATraveller
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I just purchased a BS&T on R2R.....and awaiting its arrival. Love them both. As for Tower of Power, I have enjoyed them as accompaniments of various artist. I must explore some of their own releases. A great recommendation and thanks.

i will mention Tedeski Trucks as a current band that has been favorited by my wife as well. 

If you like some brass mixed in I would suggest giving Karl Denson's Tiny Universe a listen (if you haven't already). They're a favorite of mine.
    https://youtu.be/PX46P3GpRa8

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    FYI

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Options
    GATraveller said:
    If you like some brass mixed in I would suggest giving Karl Denson's Tiny Universe a listen (if you haven't already). They're a favorite of mine.
    Fawnky!   B)

• northGAcock
    Options

https://youtu.be/PX46P3GpRa8

I enjoyed that. Tanks. 

• northGAcock
    edited July 2020
    Options

• GATraveller
    Options
    Blackberry Smoke covering Marshall Tucker Bands "Take the Highway" 
    https://youtu.be/Pd-wis4z8o0

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    There are times.

There are times, as you move forward, you realize many of those you grew up with, in your life; friends, family, heroes....who just are no longer there.

That is security. Not so much in a protective manner, just a sense of community, knowing they were there.

Something shared. An idea, a direction, a billion and more ideas and thoughts, shared with those you looked to, for confirmation of the world, but also for yourself, making sure you have not lost your shīt.

I think that is why this forum has been so important to me for such a long time.

Times. People. Friends. Experiences. Looking forward. Apologizing for stupidity. I have done so much of that.

Things I have done. I can never forgive or even come to terms with. But coming here, made me feel as though those burdens were shed. They never really were. But you made me think so. Thank you. Thank you so much.

They will never will be or can be. I am that person.

I have fewer in front of me, than behind me. Years. Now months. Perhaps days. Who knows? Not me.

I owe so much to so many. 

Thank you for being my friend. I am not going away willingly. I am just going away.

I never meant to be a burden.

https://youtu.be/nCrlyX6XbTU

This has been one of my faves, for a very, very long time. Seen this performed live. Albert Hall. Feel it every day.

Forgive the drama.  It is all bullshīt.  Just facing what is next and what remains.

Peace to you. Stay safe, protect those that you can.

Stay well.

My life has been touched by many. I felt at home here.

Brighter days my friends. They will be there. See you the next time we are able. Looking forward to it.

Bury the hate. It is not worth it. It never was. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
     My response Ron.....and one of my favorite songs as well. 

https://youtu.be/gSItDuo8Wss