Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoked Tomato and Garlic Pasta

ShesGotEggsShesGotEggs Posts: 90
edited July 2015 in Vegetables
Great summer meal tonight. I sliced a few large beefsteak tomatoes, also smaller romas and some sungold cherry tomatoes. Salt, pepper, basil, and olive oil and smoked on the BGE at 450 for 40 minutes. Probably could have pulled the cherry tomatoes at 30 minutes, a few of them ended up burning away. Also roasted a head of garlic at the same time.

To assemble: first the pasta, top with some of the tomatoes, torn basil, shaved Parmesan, squeeze a few cloves of the roasted garlic on top. The smoky flavor of the tomatoes was awesome!

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,722
    Wow, you have come on the forum posting all kinds of awesome cooks!

That looks really good, thanks for posting, I need to get one of those silicone baking mats, would make clean up for something like this nice and easy.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,383
    You are quickly becoming one of my favorites!  That looks great!
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,610
    That looks great!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,101
    Very nice!!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • badinfluencebadinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Question. Did you cool the tomatoes before serving? Looks great.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,355
    Like the look of those 'maters. Often do a baked pasta with the 'maters and garlic getting maybe 20 minutes of smoke time before they go into the sauce and mixed with the pasta.
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,956
    Very nice indeed! 
    Nothing better than fresh...simple, quality ingredients ... (and a little wood smoke)!

;) 
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Grillin_beersGrillin_beers Posts: 1,248
    Nice healthy meal! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,496
    You are quickly becoming one of my favorites!  
    I'm forced to agree^^^^^^^^^. Her cooks look great and she has one of the very best user names on the forum. Every time I see her name I think of ZZ Top.  Can't help it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,496
    @ShesGotEggs - I forgot to say above, great looking grub sister. Awesome job.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • Roadpuke0Roadpuke0 Posts: 510
    Looks like a vary flavorful dish. Envy! 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.   Just a terd hearder!    Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Gurnee, illinois 
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,629
    You rock! I am in awe. 
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Holy crap. You're killin it!!!!!!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• plumbfir01plumbfir01 Posts: 719
    It is SOOOOO nice to have some diversity on here so we can have amazing recipes like this... Bravo and thank you for sharing... 
    Beaufort, SC
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,478
    Great and unique cook... Thanks for sharing