Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting drunk and grilling

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,175
    Options
    Meat mound ....

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Guys and Nurse I'm ready to rock.  Where did everyone go?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,220
    Options
    Where's the sugar gliders? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @DoubleEgger I like how you think.  Although I would have a hard time seeing.  I managed to get rub in my eyes.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Where's the sugar gliders? 
    Tied them to the egg, pulled it over, devastated.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I wonder if you tied enough birds to an egg they could make it fly?
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Imm out and ober the dimit
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    Imm out and ober the dimit

Cheers to that.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    "I have not yet begun to defile myself"
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • DMshow
    DMshow Posts: 18
    Options
    "I've got two guns, one for the each of ya"
    LBGE '15    
    UA Local 100

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    "I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• aukerns08
    aukerns08 Posts: 253
    Options
    icunrse said:
    Yeah...well, it's been a week. I know there's some drunk grillers here. I'm just throwing myself in that mix. 
    Is there any other way to grill???
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    *burp*
    Options
    those look like booze portraits Mickey
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    Options
    Why Ike….whatever do you mean?
    Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • icunrse
    icunrse Posts: 87
    Options
    Thanks for a fun night. I had previously read the entire Devastated thread (couldn't look away from that train wreck) so I knew I'd fit in around here. No sugar gliders, but I did see a big ass frog when I was putting my mower away in the shed. I told him to stay away from the egg, or I'd cook him too. 
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC
    LBGE, and the only one on the block. My neighbor just got a new gas grill...let the games begin!!

• icunrse
    Options
    jabam said:
    I've had a couple heart procedures lately and my nurses were awesome!!!!! Dr's have a bad bedside manner, understandable, but the nurses are what people like me remember.  They deserve everything good in life!!
    I used to work in the cardiac cath lab too. Nothing like having your groin exposed to everyone. You make friends with the nurse fast...they're the ones dishing out cocktails during procedures. 
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC
    LBGE, and the only one on the block. My neighbor just got a new gas grill...let the games begin!!

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Doing some Pit Beef Sandwiches for a food bank fundraiser today.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Just saw a first gen Ford Falcon.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Time for another refresh of the BGE adult beverage rules.  (Disclaimer-I have read all the posts in this thread but am moving into Low Earth Orbit so I may be failing to grasp the contents/connecting thread) Anyhow, (time independent) Rule 1-light the BGE =time for an adult beverage; Rule2-food on=time for an adult beverage; and then Rule 3-as desired/required to ensure proper (or lack thereof) supervision of the cook.  
    Yes, an overnight low&slow can kick your a$$ by the time you hit the finish-line.  
    @icunrse-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    I read this once before. If memory serves me correctly, these words were scribbled on a wall, in a dark cell while I was in for detox. It had meaning then....I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin.
    Living Large and Loving Life!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • icunrse
    Options
    @EggcelsiorI wish I was there! 
    Last night's scene of the crime. No dead bodies, so successful night drinking.
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC

• TnJed
    TnJed Posts: 118
    Options
    I had a little too much Hop Hunter, and fell asleep with a rack on the egg.

Looks like the wife saved them!
    “All normal people love meat … You don’t win friends with salad.” - Homer Simpson
    http://griffinmotors.blogspot.com/
    https://instagram.com/griffin_motors/ 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Eggcelsior I restored a '63 just like that a few years ago. Neat car. Good luck with the fundraiser!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    icunrse said:
    Thanks for a fun night. I had previously read the entire Devastated thread (couldn't look away from that train wreck) so I knew I'd fit in around here. No sugar gliders, but I did see a big ass frog when I was putting my mower away in the shed. I told him to stay away from the egg, or I'd cook him too. 

Jacksonville FL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    A Bloody is in the works right now!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,220
    Options
    icunrse said:
    @EggcelsiorI wish I was there! 
    Last night's scene of the crime. No dead bodies, so successful night drinking.
    No beer cans or cigarette butts.... Cover is on the egg. Nothing appears to be broken....  Looks pretty tame. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    What was the crime?  Are the herb pots not in alphabetical order any longer?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    icunrse said:
    I did see a big ass frog when I was putting my mower away in the shed. I told him to stay away from the egg, or I'd cook him too. 
    Or maybe just part of him?

• icunrse
    Options
    totally tame, but it was just me and many many beers. I didn't cover the egg, I woke up to it covered. It must have been that frog. 
    Amy 
    Hope Mills, NC