Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,840
    Options
    Legume said:
    Ugh, I'm sorry, that does suck @fishlessman.  No way to make sense of it.
    i dont understand it at all. 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    A couple stuffed pork tenderloins on the smoker last night

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice deck @JohnnyTarheel!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    @JohnnyTarheel That looks like a great place to sit and ponder life or just enjoy a nice bourbon and cleanse the soul.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Completed my deck renovation about 3 weeks ago. New flooring and stained existing railing.. 
    that’s a monster deck right there...she’s a beaut!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Why I always like to cook a couple extra chicken breasts.. left overs :-) 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Some folks tell their kids Santa’s not real from day one, and I respect that choice.  But our kids have devised a controlled experiment to prove to us that he does not exist.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Enjoying this view today. Not going home until Saturday. Trying to soak all this in before the Xmas madness defends on us and the fact that the company i work for just got sold while I was gone. Oh well. Just going to drink more. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,546
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 - I don't know where you are but it looks like  a true paradise.  Dang- I could get lost in that environment.  Congrats on a great vacation experience.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74 - I don't know where you are but it looks like  a true paradise.  Dang- I could get lost in that environment.  Congrats on a great vacation experience.  
    Plays del Carmen. El dorado Maroma. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    They have AC.  Sold.
    @legume I could get into that. Any details would be appreciated. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,546
    Options
    Saw the pic and figured Hasselback but the quantity and color threw me off til I got to the punch-line.  Great cook right there.  I'm sure all enjoyed.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,639
    Options
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/hasselback-butternut-squash-with-bay-leaves

Der you go.  I didn't have grade b maple or a Fresno chile, so I went with honey and ancho powder.  Worked.  I think it would be easy to go any direction with that glaze.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legume said:
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/hasselback-butternut-squash-with-bay-leaves

Der you go.  I didn't have grade b maple or a Fresno chile, so I went with honey and ancho powder.  Worked.  I think it would be easy to go any direction with that glaze.
    Easy for you to go in any direction.  Your time is now. ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I'm annoyed by folks who send pi$$y emails, but don't have the cajones to have a face-to-face conversation.Oh well... I did invite the individual to come see me any time for a conversation.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited December 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Oh my!!!!  We LOVE that resort.   Counting the days before we can return.
    Just a quick question.  Since they have the "over the water bungalows" are the day beds on the beach harder to get?  Do they cater to the higher paying guests?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - I'm sure you will review the initial conditions, prerequisites, controls and data table to ensure accuracy.  
    Since I'm here-  An exercise I went thru for many years (as long as the Santa gig was on) once "the don't wake us any earlier than X AM" had meaning, once both boys (4 years difference in age) were asleep I would turn all the clocks in the house including TV's, VCRs (back in the day), their alarm clocks etc (no cell phones in play) back an hour.  Xmas AM show goes off right on the delayed schedule and during the course of the entertainment, I would fast forward the clocks.  Never was found out.  True confession when they were 12 and 16.  
    This right here, my friend, is friggin genius!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    lousubcap said:
    Oh my!!!!  We LOVE that resort.   Counting the days before we can return.
    Just a quick question.  Since they have the "over the water bungalows" are the day beds on the beach harder to get?  Do they cater to the higher paying guests?

Not at all.  Let me know when you are ready to go back. My wife owns a travel agency. We have been her 20+ times 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Got behind tonight.  Waiting for a spatch turkey to cook.  First one of our own I am cooking.  Butchered it Saturday.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Kind of a weird night.  60 degrees.  Some thunder and lightning.  Supposedly we are headed in to freezing temps with snow.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Guessing it was a backhoe, got an Internet outage in my neighborhood. Broadcasting today from the lobby of my local Courtyard by Marriott. Regrettably, I feel right at home.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,840
    edited December 2017
    Options
    hating threads getting buffaloed mid morning when im drinking my coffee and just half way thru my mornings readings. #nobufaloestiltheafternoon
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    "Snowy" has touched down.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,369
    Options
    Learning how to make slow cooked Russet potatoes that fall right off the bone:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk