Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Disney on Ice was pretty amazing. 

Great times right there.
    Beautiful family. Awesome image
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,050
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Eoin said:
    WeberWho said:
    The steering wheel all back together. Brake lights work! Than my rear running lights and dash went out. Go figure. I was really hoping I didn't do something to them when taking the steering wheel apart. I could have hugged a random stranger walking by after finding out it was just a fuse! The fuse didn't look bad but made a trip to the part store to buy a replacement fuse anyways. I'm glad I did. Five or so days longer than I expected it to take but usually how it goes. The "Battle Axe" as my wife has nicknamed the Lumina might just see another day out on the roads. Oil change next. 
    That must have been a satisfying job to finish.
    @Eoin Most definitely. The hardest part was tracking down the right tools. I didn't necessarily want to go spend $50+ on a lockplate tool and steering wheel puller for how little they get used. I found out my local autoparts store does a free tool rental on certain tools. I called the autoparts store down the street and asked if they had a steering wheel kit available to rent. They did. So I go into the autoparts store only to be told that it was rented out and they didn't have any other available. What? I just called five minutes prior and told me they did. They said the next town over had a set available in stock to rent. So 20 minutes later I'm at the other store picking up the steering wheel kit. When at home I open up the tool case and I find out it's missing the lockplate tool. So I get the steering wheel pulled off and make another 40 minute roundtrip to return the kit. I wanted to bring the kit back as soon as possible to make sure I wasn't charged for any of the previously missing pieces. They apologized and had a 2nd kit for me to borrow without any missing tools. My next step was to use the lockplate tool out of the kit. After a few minutes of using the lockplate I knew it was junk. It kept pushing itself off when trying to tighten it. So that whole 40 minute round trip was wasted to pick up the 2nd steering wheel kit as lockplate was useless. So it was another 40 minute roundtrip the next day to return the pointless lockplate. Another day wasted. I found out another autoparts store in town had a lockplate tool I could rent. This one worked perfect. I ended up needing to take the steering wheel off again as I forgot to mount the spring for the horn. This meant that I had to go rent that steering wheel kit once again. I called the local autoparts store down the street to see if the kit was back available to rent as it "disappeared" 5 minutes later the first go around. They said it was back in stock. Perfect! So I stop at the store and ask to borrow the steering wheel kit. This time they can't locate the kit anywhere in the store. What???? This time the employee went and pulled a new steering wheel puller from the display rack and said I could rent that one. I thought that was nice of her to do that as it was different than the one in the kit. The whole tool rental stuff was crazy! Very generous of the autoparts store to rent free tools but man do they make you work for it! :s

I somehow made 2-3 hour job turn into 5 days. Most of it chasing down tools. I took one night off and only had an hour or two after work each night. Even with all that time wasted it still feels good in the end. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Eoin said:

This is from Friday night, but after dealing with a front end clunk going over bumps for a while, I noticed my right rear brake grinding(77k on original brakes) but had planned on tackling the job when noise occurred. Over the past week during down time, I swapped out sway bar bushings and all four corners with new rotors and pads. Since the knock didn't resolve with the bushings, I had ordered end links and good thing. Once I removed the tire for the brake job I was able to see the torn boot and get play with a pry bar. Not bad doing about 800 dollars worth of work for 200 or so in parts and insomnia-fueled 2am labor.
    Do you have an inspection to get through? Split boot (even without play) is a test fail here.
    No inspection, just regular maintenance.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:

This is from Friday night, but after dealing with a front end clunk going over bumps for a while, I noticed my right rear brake grinding(77k on original brakes) but had planned on tackling the job when noise occurred. Over the past week during down time, I swapped out sway bar bushings and all four corners with new rotors and pads. Since the knock didn't resolve with the bushings, I had ordered end links and good thing. Once I removed the tire for the brake job I was able to see the torn boot and get play with a pry bar. Not bad doing about 800 dollars worth of work for 200 or so in parts and insomnia-fueled 2am labor.
    Do you have an inspection to get through? Split boot (even without play) is a test fail here.
    We have an annual inspection, first one at 3 years old. It's pretty strict these days.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Baking cowboy cookies, sipping rose and watching the golf from Nassau~~~
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,363
    Options
    Swamp Venom and Jamaican Firewalk wings. Gave the Slotdog a try too. Beautiful day here! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I love Christmas. I love the spirit of giving and the spirit of charity, and having more time to spend with family and friends.

But man I hate pulling out 9 plastic tubs and spreading tchotchkes all over the house.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,643
    Options
    Acn said:
    I love Christmas. I love the spirit of giving and the spirit of charity, and having more time to spend with family and friends.

But man I hate pulling out 9 plastic tubs and spreading tchotchkes all over the house.

Perfect timing for your post, made me laugh.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Legume said:
    Acn said:

Going South for the Holiday so no tree or nothing here. It’s awesome. A bit odd, but awesome. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just put a tray of nachos in the oven.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 486
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Headed for the deer stand earlier...been asking to go...saw  3 does wanted me to shoot "to make more sausage "...didn't get a shot, when they walked away...she started crying cause "we can't make more sausage "

Austin, TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Legume said:
    Acn said:

31 boxes at my house. Wife paid a high school student to help with decorating while I ran errands today. Not sure what it cost me...worth every penny. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Is Tiger back???
    Hope so. Golf benefits greatly from his greatness. Leave the BS aside, he’s the best that ever played. Saw a stat today about puts @3’ from 2003-2006. He made 2000 and missed 4. Sounds like no big deal except if you are a player you know what he faced and how astonishing that is. Like his cuts made and the fact he’s was ALWAYS in contention, every week. Fingers crossed. 
    Interesting stat.  Not to brag, but if I charted the same stat over my lifetime of golf, I would say I'm 2004 to zero the opposite way.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    That's our Brisket Camp lawyer, Dylan, BTW.  If you're ever in a bind in NOLA, call him.

https://www.digiulioutley.com/

And makes some truly amazing vegan chili
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    That's our Brisket Camp lawyer, Dylan, BTW.  If you're ever in a bind in NOLA, call him.

https://www.digiulioutley.com/

And makes some truly amazing vegan chili
    His Italian grandmother and mother taught him how to cook real Italian food.  He is a Jedi knight in the kitchen.
    Options
    Right there with y’all today. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Oh the work we do praising baby Jesus....  blow ye the trumpet of zion
    Options
    Got a new toy delivered today.

Not the highest end espresso machine, but I already have a grinder and don't need automatic.

Just made a single to help me stay up to watch the Eagles game.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    Got a new toy delivered today.

Not the highest end espresso machine, but I already have a grinder and don't need automatic.

Just made a single to help me stay up to watch the Eagles game.

It won't taste right without bourbon. ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I'm traped in decorating purgatory .  This is just the living room. I carry the full ones up and the empty down.  Inbetween I lock myself in the bedroom. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    That's incredibly sad. If there is one thing about my twisted personality I hope I can pass on to my kids it's to not care about what others think and say about you. I carried a briefcase for awhile during high school, that didn't win me any popularity contests.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

We have an annual inspection, first one at 3 years old. It's pretty strict these days.
    every states different, massachusetts just changed the rules. the inspection is video live streamed back to a registry department starting next month, cameras all around the vehicle and on the inspection guy. its not going to be good, not a chance of my truck passing. the guy doing the work even gets his pic tacken on all sides of the vehicle
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

every states different, massachusetts just changed the rules. the inspection is video live streamed back to a registry department starting next month, cameras all around the vehicle and on the inspection guy. its not going to be good, not a chance of my truck passing. the guy doing the work even gets his pic tacken on all sides of the vehicle
    It used to be 'flexible' here too.  Those days are long gone.  When I lived in Germany and had my car still registered in the UK, I got an MoT inspection by post for the price of a drink.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    trucks in the shop again, since friday ive had to climb under it to put it in park to start it then slowly bring it to drive before the tranny linkage falls off =)
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

It used to be 'flexible' here too.  Those days are long gone.  When I lived in Germany and had my car still registered in the UK, I got an MoT inspection by post for the price of a drink.
    We really only have roadworthiness inspections during sale of vehicle, as the inspection is required to register the vehicle. Emissions testing is every 3 years or so. Having German standards here would make driving much better.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    suicide sucks,  just talked to my cousin last friday. 
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,643
    Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry, that does suck @fishlessman.  No way to make sense of it.