Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    @DMW No idea, never done it before but plans are simple.  Plan is to make about 5-6 sets, but starting with two.  Too heavy/expensive to ship I would think.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Chillin on the couch, beverage in hand. 

Just finished the 9 r old bday party. I started the egg @ 1 am, butts on at 3, up for work at 6:15. I'm pooped. But, the q was a success and the kiddos had a great time. Plus the MM got to take a road trip for dogs so we didn't have to ask the picky folks to leave. ;)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm looking over my first "Kickstarter" experience; it's an Atlas motorcycle throttle lock:

I invested $75 last fall into this guy's idea, he's kept me informed via emails throughout the design/manufacturing processes and now I've got one!  It mounts between the handgrip and the middle of the handlebar (it's about as thin as a credit card at the top) and locks the throttle in place with a push of the button on the lower left.  Most throttle locks require a twist of a ring at the end of the grip, which is damn near impossible to do single-handed with your throttle hand. 
    Anxious to try this out.  It's still over 100 F outside so it'll probably wait until Saturday morning
    @Botch - I'd be interested in this.  My F800R is easy to ride with no hands on the handlebars.  Something to lock the throttle would be perfect.  Otherwise I'm decelerating.
    Options
    Cleaning up 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Wow. I see you got hit the other day.  Did you lose power?
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options
    Whatching Cards&Cubs  ....
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    @Botch - I'd be interested in this.  My F800R is easy to ride with no hands on the handlebars.  Something to lock the throttle would be perfect.  Otherwise I'm decelerating. 
    Here ya go:  http://www.atlastthrottlelock.com/

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    Hmm, for some reason that link doesn't work; if you just type in "www.atlasthrottlelock.com" in your browser it should work.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Island has power. Back to tiling tomorrow.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Listening to the Tigers game, smoking a cigar and drinking Titos... What else would I be doing?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,206
    Options
    hapster said:
    Listening to the Tigers game, smoking a cigar and drinking Titos... What else would I be doing?
    Handling your lump? 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My wife's Birthday was a bust on Wednesday. Umtina, Terry (Son) and I were gonna meet up for her celebration. But, instead she got super sick and I hit an inanimate object with my new work van :disappointed: 

Ya dropped several F bombs!  It's being repaired on our dime as we speak (it's only right). Anywho I picked up some very fresh caught specimens and will be doing my best for a Birthday do over tomorrow. I plan on getting up early and doing something on the egg for breakfast and then running around like a madman finding fresh produce for the main shebang. I can only hope that I can make her birthday special. She brings the boom every time she does something for me I owe that to her. I'm gonna do some things I've  never done so I hope I can pull the rabbit outta the hat tomorrow. I'll post afterwards. Apparently minus my normal gifs :minus_one: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Wow. I see you got hit the other day.  Did you lose power?
    Yes, but only for 12 hrs and one tree.  My neighbor 4 doors down is still out - so out for 3 days so far, and he has at least 4 trees across his driveway, but they are all on wires, so nothing is being done yet.  I feel really bad for him.
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Botch said:
    @Botch ... there's an extra "t" between "atlas" and "throttle" ... try this: http://www.atlasthrottlelock.com/

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• hapster
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL
    that sucks... Way to overcome and power thru... Have a great weekend! 
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    ... and I hit an inanimate object with my new work van ...

... She brings the boom every time she does something for me I owe that to her. I'm gonna do some things I've  never done so I hope I can pull the rabbit outta the hat tomorrow. I'll post afterwards. ...

@NPHuskerFL ... bummer mate ... didn't you just get that truck?

As to out doing the wife ... well ... good luck ... most of us only do it up really big once or twice during our married life.  Will be standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Jeepster47 Yes. It's brand new! SMH
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL ... extra bummer ... luckily it was just the truck and not you too.

• NPHuskerFL
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Jeepster47 I clipped a freaking concrete pillar covered in bright yellow plastic at a gas pump. What a dumbass! 
    https://youtu.be/tMe3WDmxBEI
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    I backed into one just like it. #%€* back up warning went off as I was scrunching up the bumper ... traveling at an inch per hour. Felt like it was rubbing salt into the ego wound.

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    At the drive in with SWMBO. Jurassic World and Ted 2. 
  • hapster
    Options
    At the drive in with SWMBO. Jurassic World and Ted 2. 
    Nice! A reach around double feature! LOL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Jeepster47 I only found ONE body shop that would "repair" it without replacing the door. Estimates ranged from $1,850.-$500.  Granted my Eff up but, come on!  Guy I went with is a local guy and ex USN. He's good peeps!!! And I'll be back on the road by Monday! Say what?  Ya he'll be getting a tip that's for dayumn sure!  Dropped it off at 11 AM & they'll be spraying it tomorrow. I couldn't possibly ask for more. They're parking it inside the hanger because of my tools and assured me a thief would die before they're get so much as a wrench outta my van. He's awesome!  Gonna have some touch ups done on some personal vehicles before too long and he will be the one that gets the job no estimates needed. I believe ib patronage.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bummer about the truck @NPHuskerFL.   I've been there.   Glad to see you found a good repair guy.

I don't have a single door ding in my car - I'm one of those guys that parks in the far regions of parking lots where there are no grease spots.  Now my truck, different story.  It has enough dings I'll park in a subcompact spot and crawl out the window.
    Options
    Two 9 pound butts on for 30 min now, just sitting in the back listening to the bugs, making sure the egg is stable, enjoying some Bulleit 10 year and letting the **** of a stressful week drain out of me.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Oh, guess you can't type SHlT here.
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @Jeepster47 I only found ONE body shop that would "repair" it without replacing the door. ...  Guy I went with is a local guy and ex USN. He's good peeps!!! ...
    @NPHuskerFL ... if you found a good body shop guy hang on to him.  With antilock brakes, backup alarms, and some of the other new let-me-drive-for-you features, body shop work is falling off as are the good guys.  Good body shop folks are true artists.  Mine (discovered him in 1993) simply makes the bumps and wrinkles disappear ... his work is amazing.  Like @nolaegghead, I want my vehicle to look like it came off the showroom floor, my body shop guy understands that urge and works accordingly.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @Jeepster47 I clipped a freaking concrete pillar covered in bright yellow plastic at a gas pump. What a dumbass! 
    https://youtu.be/tMe3WDmxBEI
    Me: "So, honey, how did we get that dent in the back of the car?"

MBW "Well, I put it into reverse to back up, and hit something. So I looked in the rear view mirror, and there was a pole there."

Me: "I understand." Trying hard not laugh my ass off.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @nolaegghead In my youth I used to find the guys in porche and ferraris who parked in double spots or at angles and snuggle up as close as I could in my trucks.  I would walk an extra half mile just for a chuckle.

Now understand I was always extremely careful not to door ding them, but man watching their heads explode when they walked out was fun.  I've matured since then ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sorry about dp