Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Acn said:
    Just opened the REI dividend package, now plotting how to spend it...
    I do the same thing every year. New pair of olu kai flops.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    What am I missing (serious here) with taking the dividend and not reinvesting? Any insights appreciated as I keep plowing everything back into the mixer and let it go again.
    In advance, thanks-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    REI dividend is a cash back check from purchases, not investments.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Legume -  Thanks-you can tell I don't shop at REI.  I'm way too old...  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Acn said:  We got a new Thule roof rack and a Marmot backpacking tent last year
    Love Marmot. Which backpacking tent did you get? I bought the Limelight 3p. Best backpacking tent I have ever owned.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Legume -  Thanks-you can tell I don't shop at REI.  I'm way too old...  ;)
    I must be getting old as well, my Costco dividend  surpassed my REI dividend long ago.
  • Legume
    Options
    Have I mentioned that I love my 20# propane tank with a 500k btu weedburner?  Home late from all day meetings, XL coming quickly up pizza speed, but not toooo quickly that I can't have a beer or two while babysitting it and watching the sky change.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,066
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Legume said:
    Have I mentioned that I love my 20# propane tank with a 500k btu weedburner?  Home late from all day meetings, XL coming quickly up pizza speed, but not toooo quickly that I can't have a beer or two while babysitting it and watching the sky change.
    That is living the dream.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Researching ocean front condo's in Cherry Grove, SC for our summer vacation. 
    I am researching 10th row off the coast. Hoping Trey will let me carry his clubs, set up the umbrella, and fly his kite. Maybe he will throw me a bone to. =)
    This is what the wife and daughter wanted.  I just get to do the leg work and pay for everything.
    We would welcome you and family to our state. Welcome to catch a night with us on the front or backside. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    First rule of restaurant consumption-"Never order in a restaurant that which you can cook at home."  Second rule-"If you break the first rule, be prepared to be disappointed."  And life goes on-  ;)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Crazy storm just blew threw north ATL. Guessing guests were 60-75mph range. Eggs are fine but table not so good.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    @lit we got nailed earlier. Round 2 is brewing. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Recovering from a fun weekend.  Did a fish fry on Fryday for 40-some people at work, then a crawfish boil on Sat for some friends in town for the Tough Mudder event.  Linda Hamilton came by and hung out and ate crawfish (it was her first crawfish boil).  Sunday we took the boat out and did a swamp tour.  Monday I somehow made it to work. 
    Options
    Too bad you've been so busy @nolaegghead you completely missed a late night Conway Twitty rampage 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Legume said:
    Too bad you've been so busy @nolaegghead you completely missed a late night Conway Twitty rampage 
    That guy is a total Twit.
    Options
    Legume said:
    That guy is a total Twit.
    You misspelled it. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @nolaegghead -  dang but what a way to help all your friends and work compatriots.  You travel in some mighty fine circles if you can entice Linda Hamilton to drop by.  Livin' Large seems appropriate right now.  
    Glad you have surfaced again and before a Friday night  ;)
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead -  dang but what a way to help all your friends and work compatriots.  You travel in some mighty fine circles if you can entice Linda Hamilton to drop by.  Livin' Large seems appropriate right now.  
    Glad you have surfaced again and before a Friday night  ;)
    Thanks Lou.  Linda is a neighbor...and a sweetheart.  Nicest person you'll ever meet.  She hung out for 3 or 4 hours and we all had a blast.
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    First rule of restaurant consumption-"Never order in a restaurant that which you can cook at home."  Second rule-"If you break the first rule, be prepared to be disappointed."  And life goes on-  ;)
    I was well schooled in those rules tonight.
    You right.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SV PDC?  Killing it man.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Acn said:  We got a new Thule roof rack and a Marmot backpacking tent last year
    Love Marmot. Which backpacking tent did you get? I bought the Limelight 3p. Best backpacking tent I have ever owned.
    That's the one!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    John, do you have a link to the recipe you use?  I tried the version on the Anova website and it came out waaaay too firm.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Just threw some meat on for pastrami. Trying to redeem myself from st Patrick's day. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I'm with you on this and since I got the Egg the window of what I can't do at home has narrowed further. A decent outdoor fryer for fish and chips and I'll be set.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    My Beautiful Wife and I decided to go for a walk, and grab dinner while we were out. (Fit Bit stuff)
    We thought we would try a very popular Que joint here in Louisville. She ordered a pulled chicken Sammie, and I got the pulled pork Sammie.
    This place is always busy, and has received very favorable write ups on the quality of their BBQ. 
    Since owning a BGE, our tastes are refined somewhat. The food there, which everyone else thought was great, was so bad, neither of us finished our sandwiches. 
    Spoiled x 2. It was amazing how bad it seemed.
    I really felt good about my cooking when we left.
    When you spend time on here you tend to be over critical of your own food because the bar is set so high, then when you eat out you realised that you are actually pretty good.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    In the stall. Going to let it ride through the stall then pressure cook it for my steamed finish. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    John, do you have a link to the recipe you use?  I tried the version on the Anova website and it came out waaaay too firm.

It's not on the web as far as I can tell.  I'll DM you.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options