Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    A friend just called and said his MIL was talking to a Vikings player and said Bridgewaters femur bone is fractured and was sticking outside of leg. Could possibly be career ending. That's awful. Seems like a good kid 
    Damn, that is awful V.  
    If I were a McCaskey, I'd trade straight up.   ;)
    The stress of Cutler has shaved a little time off my life I'm sure.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    A friend just called and said his MIL was talking to a Vikings player and said Bridgewaters femur bone is fractured and was sticking outside of leg. Could possibly be career ending. That's awful. Seems like a good kid 
    Damn, that is awful V.  
    If I were a McCaskey, I'd trade straight up.   ;)
    The stress of Cutler has shaved a little time off my life I'm sure.  

No kidding.  When he's good he's got an arm like a cannon, but no offensive line to protect him.  When he's not good, well, I'm like a Pavlov's dog... just say "pick six!" and my heart starts racing.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited August 2016
    Options
    TD#9 approaching. Sporadic rain. 
    https://youtu.be/Ix5ob8LAieI

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL I've been watching this one closely as we have beach camping plans. Good luck down there. Hopefully it's just a quick rain maker.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:
    Fellows it looks like I may eating shrimp for the next few days. Went out with brother Noel and caught a cats whisker over 2,500 pounds the first drag. 

End of day total was 5,890 pounds. Not to bad.  
    Damn!  Nice haul brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Focker
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Buddy's neighbor had her apple tree trimmed.  

Thought I could get a couple of rib smokes out of it.  Picked it up with permission of course. =)
    Took about an hr to break it down before the storm rolls in.  Pretty sad when you have Stihl BioPlus in your kitchen pantry. Hahaha
    Also found some Chigger Creek mini logs that are perfect sized for the KBQ in a pinch, absolutely love their wood products.  $30 per bag, figured a burn in the WSM is one bag of K, so this isn't too bad for a full fledged stickburner, 15 bucks per smoke give or take.  Would be ideal for grab and go smokes, comps.  Could easily get two rib smokes out of one bag I think.  Better yet, also got a hookup today on green apple, cherry, or hickory in Camanche, IA.....cut to custom KBQ goldilock size.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thought about taking this guest mantis out during prayer with my bug shotty.  

Showed restraint and let it walk.  Scooped it up, put it out on a tree unharmed. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,181
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    Fellows it looks like I may eating shrimp for the next few days. Went out with brother Noel and caught a cats whisker over 2,500 pounds the first drag. 

Damn!  Nice haul brother!
    Yeah, but what is everyone else going to have?  I bet Scottie cooks it all on his mini as an appetizer. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,181
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

I find setting the deep part on the floor so you can just open the thin part called a lid a bit easier, but its cool if you want to use the cooler your way.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SGH said:

@sgh  I don't know why you bother - for that amount it's not worth the trip out

Seriously, please tell the story - this was a commercial boat?  What do you do with that much shrimp?
    Phoenix 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    blasting said:
    Seriously, please tell the story - this was a commercial boat?  What do you do with that much shrimp?
    It's not a grand story, but I will share it nonetheless. The trawler belongs to a good friend of mine Paul Noel who lives in Theodore, AL. He actually built the boat himself. He has been my shrimp connection for years. The shrimp are sold to local fish houses. Of course we keep some for ourselves. A couple of years ago when the Biggreenpharmacist came down to visit, the shrimp I sent home with him came from that trawler. I use to tell folks on the forum that if they needed large amounts of shrimp at a very cut rate that I could and would hook them up. No one ever took me up on my offer so I finally quit mentioning it. I guess most folks believe that shrimp taste better if they pay $8.00 a pound for them instead of $2.00 a pound. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Good story, Scottie.  That's about a buck cheaper than I can get them for.
    Options
    SGH said:
    blasting said:
    It's not a grand story, but I will share it nonetheless. The trawler belongs to a good friend of mine Paul Noel who lives in Theodore, AL. He actually built the boat himself. He has been my shrimp connection for years. The shrimp are sold to local fish houses. Of course we keep some for ourselves. A couple of years ago when the Biggreenpharmacist came down to visit, the shrimp I sent home with him came from that trawler. I use to tell folks on the forum that if they needed large amounts of shrimp at a very cut rate that I could and would hook them up. No one ever took me up on my offer so I finally quit mentioning it. I guess most folks believe that shrimp taste better if they pay $8.00 a pound for them instead of $2.00 a pound. 

Thanks for sharing.  It sure looks impressive.

Btw, I went on a cross country road trip this summer with my daughter on vacation.  I've never explored the Southeast by car before, but my favorite part was the Biloxi area - especially driving East along the 90.  Beautiful.
    Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Picked up one of these suckers on craigslist this evening for $200.  SCORE!  (you won't appreciate this unless you do a lot of woodwork)....

http://www.grizzly.com/products/24-Drum-Sander/G1066R?utm_campaign=zPage

Options
    Damn, that is a huge score!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Focker said:
    Thought about taking this guest mantis out during prayer with my bug 
    Showed restraint and let it walk.  Scooped it up, put it out on a tree unharmed. 
    Thank you.  Many people think that all bugs are bad.  So untrue.  These guys and walking sticks are like the police and exterminators together.  They feed on the bad guys (aphids, scale, etc) which reproduce hundreds of times faster.  And while it is true that they do eat some other "good guys" their numbers have dwindled nationwide due to insecticide usage and people who do not understand their value.

Thank you @Focker
    Large and MiniMax

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    SGH said: I use to tell folks on the forum that if they needed large amounts of shrimp at a very cut rate that I could and would hook them up. No one ever took me up on my offer so I finally quit mentioning it. I guess most folks believe that shrimp taste better if they pay $8.00 a pound for them instead of $2.00 a pound. 
    Man, if you thought you could get me shrimp that cheap, I would order pounds of it right now.  But seeing that I live in PA, shipping alone would boost that cost significantly.
    Large and MiniMax

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    SGH said:
    blasting said:
    If you are ever headed to the the midwest I would pay you $4.00 a pound for some.  You would have to bring some mud bugs with you too.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Been working today ... Started at 5 am working a herd of cows..
    view of sunrise from inside the barn
  • Focker
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Focker said:
    Thought about taking this guest mantis out during prayer with my bug 
    Thank you.  Many people think that all bugs are bad.  So untrue.  These guys and walking sticks are like the police and exterminators together.  They feed on the bad guys (aphids, scale, etc) which reproduce hundreds of times faster.  And while it is true that they do eat some other "good guys" their numbers have dwindled nationwide due to insecticide usage and people who do not understand their value.

Thank you @Focker
    Thanks much my friend.  In the tree, I see all kinds of cool stuff.  Squirrels fighting, baby coons, yotes yipping and crying at dawn.  Makes the hair stand up in respect of nature.  Had a good sized orange, black, yellow and white garden type spider repel down a tree right by me, swinging in the brisk wind while I swayed, until he touched the leaves.  Fascinating little world to watch.  Can't wait to get back in the stand this fall. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    @bgebrent if you are going to cook it at all, the way you have it cooked is perfect.  
    Beautiful!!!!
    Large and MiniMax

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    @bgebrent you over cooked that. Call Nichole maybe she can help. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,481
    Options
    @bgebrent -  what, no fork??  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent -  what, no fork??  
    Dirty chopsticks are worse. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    Doing more work outside.  Last weeked the shed face was reshaped. This week, doing stone pillars under the deck.  Tons of tedious work. 
    This was as of yesterday:

This is today:

Look at that progress!!!   I should be done all 8 posts by....  oh.... say October???

But it in all fairness, I did get the front of the shed scratch coated as well before the rain chased me inside. 

Large and MiniMax

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Just sold my gasser.  Buh Bye my neglected friend.

$165 for a 15 year old grill with heavy mileage - that's halfway to a cajun fryer.  Getting a fryer is the responsible thing to do, otherwise all my propane tanks might rust shut.

Phoenix