Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @Acn - as a bonus, those appear to be cat-proof.
    Not sure anything is cat-proof if the cats put their minds to something, but hopefully you are correct!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,572
    Options
    @Battleborn - If you think that the follow-on anniversaries are gonna get better, you should reset your expectations.  But just my experience...FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Trying to work on hand signals with both Duck Dog and Duck Chessie… they are both trying my patience  :|
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,376
    edited May 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn - If you think that the follow-on anniversaries are gonna get better, you should reset your expectations.  But just my experience...FWIW-
    LOL, Cap’n, I’m not complaining. I met my beautiful bride ~18 years ago on US warship. We began to fraternize (I think the statute of limitations is up) and ended up married. Our first “date” was in Dubai and follow on “dates” were in Rome and Toulon, France. We’ve had a lot of adventures so far and tonight was going to be sushi and a movie. That can wait until tomorrow. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Acn said:

Got 2 new chairs in the living room
    Love the cat 😺
    Jacksonville FL
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Acn said:

Got 2 new chairs in the living room
    Love the cat 😺
    Cat looks like he doesn’t like his picture taken
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,553
    Options
    @Dobie:  Love the cat 😺
    @cat:  Oooh, new cloth-upholstered seats!
    @Jstroke:  
    Cat looks like he doesn’t like his picture taken
    @cat:  
    I've received my supper; wait until darkness (no pictures);  and then...

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Looks photogenic to me 
    Jacksonville FL
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,715
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Looks photogenic to me 
    Wow it’s funny what catches your eye. I didn’t even see that cat, and only the one in the foreground after someone mentioned a cat.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options
    Acn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

While the top of most European leagues has been determined for some time, tomorrow morning we should all put on black and yellow and turn attention to Dortmund.

And the biggest game in England this weekend is Saturday as well - any thoughts on Coventry v Luton Town and who gets the giant promotion payday?
    Bellingham's last game for BD?

There's something very hipster about The Cov' v The Hatters.  Both had strong spells in the early 80's but faded to virtual oblivion since.   No way I would have picked these two back in August.  
    I do like the churn aspect.  Different clubs rotating through the PL brings more interest.  Recently we've had Forest, and Brentford before them. 
    The result is anyone guess, but what I do know is that Championship Final Play-off day is terrific - I went with my lad for Palace's win in 2013. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    I'll tell you what I've been doing the morning.  Mostly thinking about @JohnInCarolina and not just while in the shower, for a change.
    SWMBO likes fresh lemon juice with set honey mixed with boiling water in the morning.   I was mulling the optimal mixing strategy that permits even dilution of the honey.

The variables I came up with;
    1) honey viscosity, specific heat capacity and volume (about 5% of mixture, maybe 10%)
    2) metal spoon it's stuck to
    3) lemon juice temperature (5 degrees C, just out the fridge) and volume (about 10% of overall mixture)
    4) ceramic mug specific heat capacity and volume
    5) water temprature, say 95 degrees C as it's just out the kettle
    6) room temp about 20 degrees C
    7) stirring technique
    8) surface mug is resting upon, which is granite - colder than air temp' some maybe 10 degrees C

The ambition is an even mixture.  Over to you, roof enthusiast.
    I am guessing @nolaegghead will have a tool to calculate this, as well

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,572
    Options
    @CPFC1905 - you need more soap for that shower... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @CPFC1905 - you need more soap for that shower... B)
    Oh trust me. It gets frothy enough. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited May 2023
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Acn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

While the top of most European leagues has been determined for some time, tomorrow morning we should all put on black and yellow and turn attention to Dortmund.

And the biggest game in England this weekend is Saturday as well - any thoughts on Coventry v Luton Town and who gets the giant promotion payday?
    Bellingham's last game for BD?

There's something very hipster about The Cov' v The Hatters.  Both had strong spells in the early 80's but faded to virtual oblivion since.   No way I would have picked these two back in August.  
    I do like the churn aspect.  Different clubs rotating through the PL brings more interest.  Recently we've had Forest, and Brentford before them. 
    The result is anyone guess, but what I do know is that Championship Final Play-off day is terrific - I went with my lad for Palace's win in 2013. 
    Jude’s not even starting.  I was thinking more about somebody outside of Munich winning the Bundesliga for the first time in 11 years.

Edited:   Not looking good for Dortmund.  What is “Spursy” in German?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 585
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    LOL, Cap’n, I’m not complaining. I met my beautiful bride ~18 years ago on US warship. We began to fraternize (I think the statute of limitations is up) and ended up married. Our first “date” was in Dubai and follow on “dates” were in Rome and Toulon, France. We’ve had a lot of adventures so far and tonight was going to be sushi and a movie. That can wait until tomorrow. 
    Didn't know you were Navy? That's how my wife and I met as well!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,086
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    I'll tell you what I've been doing the morning.  Mostly thinking about @JohnInCarolina and not just while in the shower, for a change.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Acn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Jude’s not even starting.  I was thinking more about somebody outside of Munich winning the Bundesliga for the first time in 11 years.

Edited:   Not looking good for Dortmund.  What is “Spursy” in German?
    Scheiss? 
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

I can tell by your face that you are excited by the challenge. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,086
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I can tell by your face that you are excited by the challenge. 
    You know how I know you used to be police?  Your powers of deduction!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    SWMBO likes fresh lemon juice with set honey mixed with boiling water in the morning.   I was mulling the optimal mixing strategy that permits even dilution of the honey.

1) honey viscosity, specific heat capacity and volume (about 5% of mixture, maybe 10%)
    3) lemon juice temperature (5 degrees C, just out the fridge) and volume (about 10% of overall mixture)
    7) stirring technique
    8) surface mug is resting upon, which is granite - colder than air temp' some maybe 10 degrees C

You can't buy honey in squirt bottles in Great Britain?   ;)  

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,395
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Just finished cleaning both vehicles inside and out. 

Also, had this drown in my water bucket while I was washing my windows last night. Looks like a wasp(?) but is massive. I haven’t yet researched what it is. 

• CPFC1905
    Options
    Botch said:
    CPFC1905 said:

7) stirring technique

1) that doesn’t answer the question. 
    2) SWMBO has specific tastes. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,223
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Botch said:
    CPFC1905 said:

7) stirring technique

1) that doesn’t answer the question. 
    2) SWMBO has specific tastes. 
    Somebody is super touchy about their honey & tea.

I prefer creamed/whipped honey.

Heat water to 207.3 degrees F.  Allow to sit at temperature for 613 seconds.

Temper the lemon juice for 15 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave oven.

Slowly stir in the lemon juice to your water.

Pour/scoop whipped honey in a spoon.

Hold the spoon over the mug, prefer ceramic, and slowly pour the hot water/lemon mixture over the honey and into the mug.

After you have poured the water into the mug and dissolved a portion of the honey, use the spoon to slowly stir the mixture until all the honey has dissolved from the spoon.

Serve and enjoy.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Somebody is super touchy about their honey & tea.

I prefer creamed/whipped honey.

Heat water to 207.3 degrees F.  Allow to sit at temperature for 613 seconds.

Temper the lemon juice for 15 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave oven.

Slowly stir in the lemon juice to your water.

Pour/scoop whipped honey in a spoon.

Hold the spoon over the mug, prefer ceramic, and slowly pour the hot water/lemon mixture over the honey and into the mug.

After you have poured the water into the mug and dissolved a portion of the honey, use the spoon to slowly stir the mixture until all the honey has dissolved from the spoon.

Serve and enjoy.
    Great, thanks I'll do that tomorrow.
    @JohnInCarolina you're fired 

Just the one question now,  what is the F all about? 
  • Botch
    Options
    Damn.  My microwave is only 900 watts.  :cry:  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,435
    Options
    @Great_EGGspectations

Your wife is not dressed like the typical monster truck experience connoisseur. Maybe things are different in Canada.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI