Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Had a nasty cold last week. Was better for three days and now I have the flu. FML 
    Same thing happen to me, my son and my brother. Was pretty sick for about 5 days, got a 2 day break from it, then it came back with a vengeance. This is the first day in days that I can stay on my feet more than a few minutes. Still feel like crap though. 
    To tell you just how bad it has been, I skipped 5 days shaving and I think I have only put on overalls a time or two.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,714
    Options
    @Sea2Ski I feel like you need to start a new discussion, this is awesome 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @Killit_and_Grillit did you serve up any sausage?   How’d your wife’s friends like your meat?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Havent done tri tip in a minute.  Last time I’ll egg for a couple of weeks.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:

Havent done tri tip in a minute.  Last time I’ll egg for a couple of weeks.
    Now we’re cooking with fire

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Stevie want wingie.  

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Celebrating Arizona State's season sweep in men's boopa ober U of A!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Enjoying Dooks loss.  While I hate the injuries.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Got some thick loin cut bone in chops from Patton’s my go to meat market. 5 of em came out to 5.25 lbs. Put 2 into the Sous Vide at 140 covered in apple butter for 3 hours. Took them out and let the temp drop a little then hit them with a little butt rub then some more apple butter then some more butt rub. Threw them on the grill grates at 550 with apple for smoke. The sweet, salty, and spice was really good the best chops I’ve ever had. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @Sea2Ski I feel like you need to start a new discussion, this is awesome 
    I think I will. This is getting more interesting and fun than even I thought it would be. Plus, I will not take valuable bandwidth on this thread....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dinner.. 
    Options
    MI- MI state

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    thetrim said:
    Fahkin' car dealers....

And car insurance in Florida.  Damn.  I know we don't pay State income tax, but.....
    What does the state have to do with what you pay for car insurance?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

Citroen H vans have all been converted to mobile coffee / crepe / doughnut ..... shops here too. Did they even import them into the US originally? 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Eoin they must have imported them.  However, in 1964 the "chicken tax" killed light truck imports, and I think they made the H until '81.  Interesting reading.  Henrik is in the pics buying a latte,  we were at the track to check out the classic bike races.
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Fahkin' car dealers....

And car insurance in Florida.  Damn.  I know we don't pay State income tax, but.....
    In the US, the states regulate the insurance companies.  Makes doing insurance business difficult and I have plenty of friends that insure out of state to save big money.  States rights is a big thing here and it makes my business 10x harder vs standardized regulations. 
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Fahkin' car dealers....

In the US, the states regulate the insurance companies.  Makes doing insurance business difficult and I have plenty of friends that insure out of state to save big money.  States rights is a big thing here and it makes my business 10x harder vs standardized regulations. 
    To make business easier in Europe, we ended up with the single market, championed by Maggie Thatcher, where rules and standards are the same everywhere for manufactured goods. Services are not so standardised yet. Anyway, when you do this and standardise, business is easier, costs are reduced and sfuff gets cheaper. The complaints roll in anyway, as people want 'control' in their own state / country. Hence Brexit. Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it, famous Brexit catch phrase from Boris 'The W***er' Johnson during the Brexit campaign, only now we find that we can't actually have our cake and eat it. Oh well.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Agree x10e99
    Options
    Also, those Citroen H vans are so rare I might see 1 or 2 a year where I live.
    Options
    They were rare here, but (obviously) common in France. Loads imported now for street vendors / festivals as they are cool to look at, if a bit sh1t to drive. I have to admit to liking Citroens, because they were often so oddball.  I owned 2 x Dyanes, which I loved. It would probably be a financial disaster area, but I'd love a CX wagon.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,879
    Options
    Eoin said:
    They were rare here, but (obviously) common in France. Loads imported now for street vendors / festivals as they are cool to look at, if a bit sh1t to drive. I have to admit to liking Citroens, because they were often so oddball.  I owned 2 x Dyanes, which I loved. It would probably be a financial disaster area, but I'd love a CX wagon.
    I am a keen advocate of an 'alllowed list'. While people who recognise the phrase think of guilty crushes,for me it's about cars.  I am ambivalent to warm on Alfa Romeo and Ferrari which both tend to lead petrolhead lists.  Going up the scale, Lamborghini (the mad 4x4) LM, Plymouth Roadrunner and any massive aged Citroen.  Plus an Audi RS6 Avant. Maybe an Austin Healey mkV 3000 too.  Oh and a late 80s Aston Martin Zagato.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    I am a keen advocate of an 'alllowed list'. While people who recognise the phrase think of guilty crushes,for me it's about cars.  I am ambivalent to warm on Alfa Romeo and Ferrari which both tend to lead petrolhead lists.  Going up the scale, Lamborghini (the mad 4x4) LM, Plymouth Roadrunner and any massive aged Citroen.  Plus an Audi RS6 Avant. Maybe an Austin Healey mkV 3000 too.  Oh and a late 80s Aston Martin Zagato.  
    With you on the LM - bonkers. I do have a soft spot for Alfas, fond memories of the see through floor pan on my 33. RS6 Avant is a genuine contender for my daily driver, may be in the running when/ if the BM dies, although my preference would be to keep the BM and add something old / oddball / with 2 wheels.
  • Eoin
    Options
    It's cold and grey out this morning, and raining. Dogs need a walk though.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Heard J Lo and A Rod are getting hitched.  

And I hate myself for knowing that.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Heard J Lo and A Rod are getting hitched.  

And I hate myself for knowing that.  
    SWMBO made sure I saw the ring 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.