Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,333
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Botch said:
    Spent a couple hours at the Utah International Auto Expo.  Some thoughts:
    - It seems like everything looks the same on the interiors anymore; for that reason I miss my Saabs... :bawling:
    - Speaking of Saabs, when Ken Garff dropped the brand (no more sales, and didn't want to mess with repairs anymore) they had one new one left, a convertible in that hideous, fluorescent green they offered their last year.  It was on the test-drive lot, they still haven't sold that thing!!  Wish I knew what year it was.
    - The higher-end Audis, and their new SUVs, now feature two large touch-screens in the center dash, plus their "virtual cockpit" in place of the gauge cluster; glad I got the last analog gauge/non-touchscreen model that I did... (I don't like touchscreens, fingerprint-OCD...)
    - Busted out laughing when I saw the top-of-the-line Range Rover; not only did it have a pop-up tent on the top of the vehicle, but the front bumper featured two swiveling/telescoping arms, to hold a hammock; WANT!!  
    - The Salt Lake City MOPAR club had about 50 vehicles on one end, nice!  Some beautiful Mustangs (including an original-red '65, immaculate!) and a GT-500.  
    - A Datsun 280Z, also immaculate, w/no rust (this is rarer than you know)
    - The newest Miata/MX-5 is the second-most beautiful convertible in the world; it supposedly now accomodates tall dorks much better but I couldn't get close to it, kids all over it.
    - The Jaguar F-Sport is still the most beautiful convertible in the world [/drool]
    - The Dodge RAMs now have neat, openable/lockable boxes built into the bed sides (my 10-year-old Tacoma hasn't hit 60K miles yet, I don't anticipate needing another truck in this lifetime)
    - Realized I could've bought a new Mustang, and a new Fiat 124 Spyder convertible, for less that the Audi Cabrio I just got; made the right decision.
    - The biggest smile I had all morning was walking out to the parking lot, and getting into my Audi.  I'm happy!  

(sorry @GrateEggspectations, I didn't pay too much attention to any of the back seats!)  
    Maybe you can lend me your Audi to see if it’s family appropriate - you know, back seats and all that (*under my breath* “in addition to seeing how it does burnouts”).
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,057
    Options
    Taking a “drying” break from painting the nursery. Also eating crappy dominos pizza. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Taking a “drying” break from painting the nursery. Also eating crappy dominos pizza. 
    How many rugrats in the litter? I’m about to go through the process myself. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Congrats!!  We are expecting our first... twin boys.  Due in May technically, but they typically don’t let twins go past 38 weeks, so we are looking at late April. How about yall?
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Congrats!!  We are expecting our first... twin boys.  Due in May technically, but they typically don’t let twins go past 38 weeks, so we are looking at late April. How about yall?
    Congrats to you too! Wow. Twins. That’s big. 

Second child expected in mid-June. We already have a four and a half year old girl and should find out the sex of our baby on Tuesday. 

Life is about to change in a challenging, fun and fascinating way. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Congrats to you too! Wow. Twins. That’s big. 

Second child expected in mid-June. We already have a four and a half year old girl and should find out the sex of our baby on Tuesday. 

Life is about to change in a challenging, fun and fascinating way. 
    Very cool!  Hope your girl gets the sibling gender she wants. ;) 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Keep picking at a peanut butter chocolate chip blonde, cooked in a skillet.  Much better than a straight chocolate chip cookie.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhh!! Way to go Rams!! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Saints were cheated. 
    Don’t give a crap about sports. Watched about 35 mins worth of football all season, but I did see that bad call.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,214
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Saints were cheated. 
    Don’t give a crap about sports. Watched about 35 mins worth of football all season, but I did see that bad call.
    I love the NFL and have devoted countless hours to it this season. To have it come down to a obvious blown call is disheartening. A blatant blown call should not be decide the NFC Championship. It’s a sad day for the NFL and true fans of the sport. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    GrateEggspectations said:
    Maybe you can lend me your Audi to see if it’s family appropriate - you know, back seats and all that (*under my breath* “in addition to seeing how it does burnouts”).
    Maybe I'll set that up! ("under my breath* "..I wanna see a burnout done with 4-wheel drive!").   =) 

Incidentally, one of the convertible Mustangs at the show had the driver's seat all the way back, and there was NO legspace, you couldn't fit a cardboard cutout of your passenger!  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @frazzdaddy Dammit boy where are the hush puppies and slaw!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @frazzdaddy Dammit boy where are the hush puppies and slaw!
    +1 on the slaw. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Still a rookie game, sigh...
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,359
    Options
    Perfectly clear skies tonight for the total lunar eclipse but 33°F and 25knot winds (40 knot gusts). Temp is supposed to be in the 20's at peak totality in a few hours which means I might just peek thru a window rather than freeze my giblets on the patio.

If you like total lunar eclipses this is the last total lunar eclipse anywhere on Earth until May of 2021 and it's the last one we'll see from the North America until May of 2022.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,451
    Options
    Second OT NFL championship game of the day-for all season as the No Fun League today is great entertainment.  Dang!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bummed about both games.  

Did a clean burn on the large today.  Waaayyy overdue.

Cooked some ribs.  SWMBO had a little accident with the mac n cheese, but it landed butter side up so not the end of the world.  

Made some grape leaves.  2 versions.  Vegetarian and crawfish boudin.  Tzatziki sauce.  

Overall, a killer dinner to help dull the pain of a bad call.
    Options

Options

Options
    Bummed about both games.  

Cooked some ribs.  SWMBO had a little accident with the mac n cheese, but it landed butter side up so not the end of the world.  

Made some grape leaves.  2 versions.  Vegetarian and crawfish boudin.  Tzatziki sauce.  

I heard you caused the accident....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Bummed about both games.  

By not intervening, yes.  I was half the cleanup crew.
    JRWhitee said:
    Bummed about both games.  

You were in charge of collecting photographic evidence?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Picked up a couple of tac lights. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Man.....we could have had a great Super Bowl had the Chiefs been able to stop Brady.  Dang I hate him but I respect his play.  Too freaking good.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Bummed about both games.  

You were in charge of collecting photographic evidence?
    Which I also heard almost got him killed....

Johns Creek, Georgia