Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Watching Iowa/Nebraska game.  Since both teams always whomped on Iowa State, I don't know who to root for.   :|

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Botch said:
    Watching Iowa/Nebraska game.  Since both teams always whomped on Iowa State, I don't know who to root for.   :|
    ISU man? My daughter has them on the short list. Nice campus. Good engineering school.
     Quick Nebraska joke: do you know what the N on the helmet stands for? 

Knowledge!
     I am kidding, it's a very fine school. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Stacked and ready 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Botch said:
    ISU man? My daughter has them on the short list. Nice campus. Good engineering school.

Cool!  What major is she pursuing?  
    I received a 4-year ROTC scholarship and Dad steered me to ISU, Aerospace Engineering.  In freshman Engineering Chem, the instructor walked in and the first thing he said was, "Everyone look at the person to your left; now to your right.  At the end of this class only one of you will still be here."
    He was right, that was the big "weed-out" class at ISU Engineering, 166 freshman EN students shrank to a third, and the school kept weeding out after that.  
    I made it to my junior year before flunking out, and I learned that the 30 Aero E. students who made it to Senior year, second semester, nine were flunked out then!  
    I transferred to South Dakota State, switched to Mech. Eng. (a silver lining I didn't realize at the time), made Honor Roll, got my scholarship back, and did okay after that.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

Cool!  What major is she pursuing?  
    I received a 4-year ROTC scholarship and Dad steered me to ISU, Aerospace Engineering.  In freshman Engineering Chem, the instructor walked in and the first thing he said was, "Everyone look at the person to your left; now to your right.  At the end of this class only one of you will still be here."
    He was right, that was the big "weed-out" class at ISU Engineering, 166 freshman EN students shrank to a third, and the school kept weeding out after that.  
    I made it to my junior year before flunking out, and I learned that the 30 Aero E. students who made it to Senior year, second semester, nine were flunked out then!  
    I transferred to South Dakota State, switched to Mech. Eng. (a silver lining I didn't realize at the time), made Honor Roll, got my scholarship back, and did okay after that.  

She's leaning toward industrial. Who knows she might change her mind. It's between there and Purdue. My brother got his PHD from Purdue so my dad and brother are biased towards Purdue. I just want her to be happy and successful. He's an ME as is is eldest son. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just finished seasoning 25# of cubed up pork shoulder. I'm making sausage tomorrow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just finished seasoning 25# of cubed up pork shoulder. I'm making sausage tomorrow.
    The wife bought me a grinder. Where are you buying the casings? 
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    I get casings at Shady Maple (local grocery store). Natural pork casings packed in brine.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    I get casings at Shady Maple (local grocery store). Natural pork casings packed in brine.
    Thanks. I need to find somewhere in the ATL to get them....
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Thanks. I need to find somewhere in the ATL to get them....
    Go to an outdoors store, like sportsmanship warehouse, academy, those kind of places should have them.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Or just order 'em online.  Like a pound of casings makes 150 pounds of sausage.  Ain't gone be breakin' no bank with shipping charges.
    Options
    Frying another turkey. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Frying complete, drained, wrapped and ready for transport. Giving this one to the local VFW.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Stay clothed my friend
  • SGH
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Stay clothed my friend
    I'm sober today, but you still just never know. I'm feeling a little restricted ;)

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Installing OS X El Capitan on my old Mac mini

Options
    So y'all can understand us

Well, bless your heart Jason!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Trying to finish Charlie Brown and his damn tree. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Waiting for a deer or a terrorist......which ever steps out first! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @GATraveller guess you didn't go to the game. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    This seemed like a much better way to spend the day. Just got a text from my son that he got a doe so I'd say I made the right choice.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    Got another turkey coming up to room temp to fry later. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Dang @SGH you're still coherent? The wifey must have you on restriction. 
  • SGH
    Options
    This one will be a Cajun style. Hence the cayenne. 

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We went to visit my parents in their new place in the villages Florida for thanksgiving. Wife and I had already agreed that's where we are hoping to retire before I opened the weekly magazine and realized they have a big green egg club in the neighborhood that meets up weekly. I have never seen anything like that neighborhood we went 10 miles in the golf carts and we're still in the neighborhood and live bands in the town squares and endless things to do. The baby had a great time. Can't wait to retire now.
  • SGH
    Options
    Frying a 15 pounder. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Finished and resting. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    Just finished the sausage making. Started yesterday afternoon cubing the meat and seasoning it. This morning roasted pablanos, cooked the boudin filling. This afternoon ground and stuffed it all. Had sweet Italian for supper tonight. Also grilled up a pablano sausage patty, that stuff is really good. It's freezing now, I'll vac seal it tomorrow. I'm exhausted now.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA