Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Just downed this pile of spicy fried chicken in Page, AZ.  I will definitely return. 
     Where in Page? That looks worth a stop when I'm that direction. Birdhouse?
    Yes Birdhouse is the place.  I come through here once a month and I am a creature of habit.  Huge plus is it wasn’t packed full of tourists like most places here. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2018
    Options
    One of the best Frontlines I've seen.  Can't wait until part II.

One of the last foreign journalists allowed to work in Iran, married an Iranian woman and has lived there for 17 years, and has worked on a documentary for most of that time.  Very interesting.
    Options
    Was good. Don't have to wait long since part 2 is on tonight.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Getting the base on the XXL swapped out.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    After testing my pizza setup last Monday, I concluded the baking pan had one too many handles so I took care of that with a hack saw and some 80 grit sandpaper.
    Put two coats of seasoning on it as well.
    It fits now without touching the dome so pizza on the egg real soon now.

Another reason I'm glad I went with an XL. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Just downed this pile of spicy fried chicken in Page, AZ.  I will definitely return. 

I'd like to know also. Not because I live in Arizona, just that I was there a couple months ago and there is nothing in Page except a McDonalds, a gas station and Antelope Canyon.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    DMW said:

Are you getting an old style base or the new design? 
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:

Are you getting an old style base or the new design? 
    Old style. The 2XL has a different geometry I think and wouldn't fit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Eggcellent news, Dwayne!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SonVolt
    Options
    DMW said:

Dude looks like he's headed to a 3 Stooges audition. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SonVolt
    Options
    no shortage of rosemary here

@nolaegghead - just think of all the APL herb basting brushes you could make with that. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Asada tacos from Don Pedro.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DMW
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    DMW said:

He's Amish, that's pretty much standard issue haircut.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• thetrim
    Options
    Your dealer isn't far from Dienner's Country Restaurant in Ronks, PA.  My family had a meal there when visiting Harrisburg earlier this year.  Cool spot and great grub!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    DMW said:
    All done

If anyone in Central/Southeast PA is looking for a first class BGE dealer, look these guys up:
    https://www.meadowcreekbbqsupply.com/

For the grand total of $68.90 they dispatched two guys with the new base and swapped it. Also, gave the nest a tune up and aligned the bands to get rid of the gap that had been there since I brought it home (from another dealer). And, they had to pay a van driver to drive them (they are Amish) here, wait, and then drive them back.

Their customer service is second to none.
    Do they sell Yoder Smokers?
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DMW
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    DMW said:
    All done

If anyone in Central/Southeast PA is looking for a first class BGE dealer, look these guys up:
    https://www.meadowcreekbbqsupply.com/

For the grand total of $68.90 they dispatched two guys with the new base and swapped it. Also, gave the nest a tune up and aligned the bands to get rid of the gap that had been there since I brought it home (from another dealer). And, they had to pay a van driver to drive them (they are Amish) here, wait, and then drive them back.

Their customer service is second to none.
    Do they sell Yoder Smokers?
    Yes, they do.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SonVolt
    Options
    DMW said:
    SonVolt said:
    DMW said:

He's Amish, that's pretty much standard issue haircut.

d'oh. I should have known. 
  • DMW
    edited August 2018
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Your dealer isn't far from Dienner's Country Restaurant in Ronks, PA.  My family had a meal there when visiting Harrisburg earlier this year.  Cool spot and great grub!
    A friend of mine used to waitress at Dienner's when she was in high school. Small world.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• thetrim
    Options
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    A friend of mine used to waitress at Dienner's when she was in high school. Small world.
    It was an awesome place.  My Mom grew up in that part of the world, so she was in heaven.  It was a rainy day, but the countryside is beautiful and bountiful there.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Just learned I'm going back to Dallas tomorrow... mother F'er. 
  • SonVolt
    Options
    Oh I like Texas... I just don't like seeing a meeting invite sent out the day before the meeting that's 9 hours away. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @SonVolt - Hopefully an emerging crisis otherwise the foresight and planning leaves much to be desired.  Sounds like the 9 hours is a road trip which makes the timing even more underwhelming.  Good luck.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,351
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Oh I like Texas... I just don't like seeing a meeting invite sent out the day before the meeting that's 9 hours away. 
    Only 3.5 hours on the Bullet Train. Oh wait...forgot...America.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SonVolt
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Got a new boss last week... can't fake a case of the runs this time, fortunately.  Not yet anyway.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Got a new boss last week... can't fake a case of the runs this time, fortunately.  Not yet anyway.

This time try to hit Pecan Lodge. you should be able to get in there pretty easy as long as you don't go at lunch time. If you are staying till at least Thursday go to Cattleack (they are only open Thursday and Friday). Problem with that is you gotta get there around 9:30AM if you want to even get food and even then you will be eating at Noon.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    Options
    I'll keep those recommendations in mind when my boss asks if we all want to go to the Olive Garden for dinner. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I'll keep those recommendations in mind when my boss asks if we all want to go to the Olive Garden for dinner. 
    but...but...Never Ending Pata Bowl(tm)!!!!!!