Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Halibut

When grilling halibut on green egg, do you cook it on tinfoil? Should it be fully wrapped and what temperature?  Need help fast

Comments

• Halibut is tricky. It can become overdone at the blink of an eye resulting making it dry and tough. I recommend a foil boat with butter and lemon juice. I sometimes heat the lemon butter and get a little brown color before I add the fillet. That will add color to the white meat. Have a fork handy and do a test bite. Otherwise the beautiful (expensive) fillet will be overdone.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You can do it en papillote as well.
    (

Browned some butter and put in a few anchovy fillets
    Smashed up the anchovies and put in some clam juice and chardonnay and reduced to a coat a spoon consistency.
    Sauteed some carrot slices in butter
    Added red bell pepper slices
    Some lemon and the vegetables with some onion and slivered garlic
    Put the sea bass in and topped with some of the butter sauce
    Then some fresh tarragon, parsley, thyme and chives
    Folded the parchment and oiled and on to the egg on a raised grid at 350*
    Served with some sauteed kale, onion, garlic and mushrooms in chicken broth and steamed rice with clam juice, chardonnay, red bell peppers and butter.

Steve 

Caledon, ON)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @tennmax‌ ...where are you located?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN