Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: best city

13»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,688
    Foghorn said:

"I enjoyed everything north of SF, but not the city itself. IDK."

This.

Although I am going there (for about the 10th time) for work later this month and I will (again) go with an open mind figuring that I'm just missing something.

Try to get a few mins and go over to a China Town. See Ms Chan, she is so worth the trip. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    San Francisco and the real melting pot that it is
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • I would add that "big city life" is certainly not for everyone.  Big cities are so densely populated and take a long time to explore.  Many layers of life can be discovered from block to block.   

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    @Mickey, please be specific, she or her wok place is so worth the trip? just wondering, e.g. there's a difference between Mickey's rub and Mickey's coffee rub, you know  :D
    canuckland
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,688

@Mickey, please be specific, she or her wok place is so worth the trip? just wondering, e.g. there's a difference between Mickey's rub and Mickey's coffee rub, you know  :D

Both buddy
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Kingvale, CA.

It has no government other than everyone is a member of the Kingvale Property Owners and Water Users association.  It's at 6000 ft elevation in the Sierras.  And while the snowfall this past winter was negligible, a neighbor said a few years ago, he snowshoe'd in and had to step over the high power lines.  He didn't recall seeing my roof, but he found the top of his fireplace.  Needless to say, they don't plow the dirt roads in this community.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Acn said:

In terms of major cities, I probably like NYC, New Orleans and DC the best.  

If we're talking small/smaller cities, I'd put Charleston, SC, Asheville, NC, Portland, ME all rank highly.

I'll be making my first trips to Austin, TX (for work) and Nashville, TN (family vacation) this month, so if we were to do this exercise again later, they may show up as well.
    Portland Maine has some kick ass restaurants and bars!