Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Table in the Making

Options

Comments

• KennyLee
    Options

Love the tables. 

Quick question.....is it kosher now for members to offer up their wares and creations on the forum to create possible sales opportunities?  I know someone who also builds tables (not a current forum member) who asked me about posting them on here and I told him no way as it was against the rules of the forum and had seen people get flamed. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

@tazcrash Lol thank you!!

@NPHuskerFL What's the SS?
    Stainless Steel.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

@shtgunal3‌ I prefer to have the mini and the mini max on the same end so if doing a real small cook I'm not bouncing 16 feet from one egg to the other

That's where the reversible moving sidewalk will come in handy. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    KennyLee said:

Love the tables. 

Quick question.....is it kosher now for members to offer up their wares and creations on the forum to create possible sales opportunities?  I know someone who also builds tables (not a current forum member) who asked me about posting them on here and I told him no way as it was against the rules of the forum and had seen people get flamed. 

If you're a woman evidently. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @KennyLee‌ if they only want to join just to sell then I would say no. Heck i even flamed @Kyrstie_Mandarin‌ for her first post but now am looking at them for building my custom kitchen as she now has 2 eggs.

now if your freind has a egg/eggs and posts pics of his cooks with his egg in a custom table and someone were to ask then by all means yes.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @badinfluence‌ doesn't seem quite fair does it? One member that consistently posts beautiful cooks and plugs his blog/website gets chastised for FireWires, t-shirts etc. Another posts about tables and same results. This one gets the green light :-??
    The playing field should be even should it not.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    There's two differences in my view.  First as pointed out is she's a woman and the other is she has the support of a couple of forum members. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

@badinfluence‌ doesn't seem quite fair does it? One member that consistently posts beautiful cooks and plugs his blog/website gets chastised for FireWires, t-shirts etc. Another posts about tables and same results. This one gets the green light :-??
    The playing field should be even should it not.

I totally understand, but the two are actually quite different. To start, she got flamed and took it in stride. She didn't flag everyone and didn't lie to us so we could buy a t-shirt for a blog most don't know of or could care about. Her name also isn't her web address.

Ultimately, this is a fine line and she will have to learn the boundaries.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options

There's two differences in my view.  First as pointed out is she's a woman and the other is she has the support of a couple of forum members. 

Judging by the view count on my table thread, a lot of people seem to like my table. If she can somehow make someone's cooking area better by making them a table or giving someone an idea from the plans she's posted...then she's bringing value.

A crappy t-shirt and FireWires brings zero value.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Not to be contrary my friend, but the same thing can be said for CGS & CGW. Franco at CGW was flamed pretty good for peddling his product here. They also bring value.

I'm just sayin that Franco was made to observe the rules. So should Kyrstie. Otherwise if the standard is the product must provide value, we shall become a marketplace.

That is my opinion.
    Flint, Michigan
  • cazzy
    Options

Not to be contrary my friend, but the same thing can be said for CGS & CGW. Franco at CGW was flamed pretty good for peddling his product here. They also bring value.

I'm just sayin that Franco was made to observe the rules. So should Kyrstie. Otherwise if the standard is the product must provide value, we shall become a marketplace.

That is my opinion.

Very good point Fred!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @cazzy You make an excellent point! @Kyrstie_Mandarin‌ did get flamed and did NOT cry like a (excuse the expression) lil biotch. But, instead rolled with it =D>

Welcome! Enjoy and FWIW you have some exquisite designed and built tables. Bravo.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Brother husker she is so easy on the eyes we must make an exception for her. We just must ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• badinfluence
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ pretty much how I said it. @KennyLee‌ asked if it was OK to join just to sell. Then no...flame on.

I think i was the first to flame @Kyrstie_Mandarin‌ for her 1st post being a sales post. She now has eggs.

@sgh yes she is easy on the eyes but don't matter if they are only here to sell something then it's flame time.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    If Kyrstie wants to participate here as an egghead, that's great. If she's mixing in buzz for her tables and to show them off, I think that violates the rules. Tom at CGS is an egghead and comments from time to time.  If people are interested in his products, they are directed to the CGS website.  Tom does not post designs and talks about orders here. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Guess I'm on violation then as i asked her for a design for a custom table. :(

Clinton, Iowa
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I think it's all horse $h!t for what it's worth.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited September 2014
    Options

Excerpt from forum rules:

Flint, Michigan
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ pretty much how I said it. @KennyLee‌ asked if it was OK to join just to sell. Then no...flame on.

Not exactly what I asked.....I asked if members could now peddle their wares since that seems to be what's happening here.  Totally different.  Who I was referring to has been an Egghead for years and is the reason I bought mine.

But now I see it's cool for members to shill their stuff as long as they own an Egg and otherwise contribute to the forum by commenting from time to time and maybe showcasing some of their cooks.  Hope Tom, Franco and any number of people who have been flamed out of here are paying attention.  I will let my buddy know that it's now acceptable.  He can post a picture of his wife in his avatar if that is helpful.  She's pretty hot. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @KennyLee pics or it didn't happen
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Read the rules on the home page on the Rules and Disclaimers forum. No shilling allowed.
    Flint, Michigan
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    I could care less what people look like, except @SGH‌ . If the rules state no selling or promoting your wares then everyone should follow the rules. No offense to you @Kyrstie_Mandarin‌ but if the guys at CGS and CGW can't post about their products then you shouldn't be allowed either. It's a very simple solution though, take it off line. When you send a sketch to @badinfluence‌ and he wants to share it then he posts it. When his table is done then he shares it. I honestly could care less who sells what here, if I'm not interested I just move on but everyone should have to follow the same rules.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

Read the rules on the home page on the Rules and Disclaimers forum. No shilling allowed.

Seems to be pretty cut and dry.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • cazzy
    Options
    Yall have made some good points. I'm sure she'll learn what's acceptable and what's not.

I will say I'm quite sure there are a lot of rules broken by us regulars. I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet. :-\"
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    True Dat Caz! :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    There's still time. ... =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    henapple said:

There's still time. ... =))

Challenge? Hmmm tattoo thread, Spatchcock, banned commercials. :-? So many choices. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @GeorgeS‌
    Just for the record I'm better looking than Kyrstie. Much better looking my friend. ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You know I'm lying.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Maybe we should have a dedicated section for selling accessories related to BGE....tables, handles, grill grates, etc. This might have been brought up already...just a thought.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat