Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My idiot son.

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

Ok,

I am fairly new here but I did see the TP thread last night. But.....whats with Ktim?

Or....should I simply not go there?

He seemed like cool dude, but he went cray cray in a thread that went political.  He had some choice words about Obama that had everything to do with his skin color.  He was banned within an hour after showing his true colors. 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

@cazzy

I understand, thanks for sharing, in the year 2014 there is zero excuse for that, (not that there would ever be an excuse for it.) 

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• johnkitchens
    Options
    cazzy said:
    He seemed like cool dude, but he went cray cray in a thread that went political.  He had some choice words about Obama that had everything to do with his skin color.  He was banned within an hour after showing his true colors. 
    I don't know if it even took an hour. The justice was swift that day. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Did someone say toilet paper?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,057
    Options
    Here's an idea: hows about us getting back to food stuff and stop bumping this thread? I only comment because it's at the top again. Let's all just keep some peace, enjoy and discuss the one thing we do have in common.... the Big Green Egg.
  • EggerinLA
    Options
    Son? Some people will truly buy ocean front property in Arizona.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    this whole thread is going to get me introuble, my neighborhood is white mutt, chinese, black, and french canadian. the only one we dont drink with is the canadian.
    :))
    Because you can't keep up?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    gmac said:
    this whole thread is going to get me introuble, my neighborhood is white mutt, chinese, black, and french canadian. the only one we dont drink with is the canadian.

Lol. So true.
  • SGH
    Options
    I don't know how well that Canadians can drink. But back in my drinking days they made one of my very favorites.
    If they can't hold their own at drinking, they certainly can hold more than their own at distilling.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SaltySam
    Options
    The name of this thread makes me laugh every time I see it. It's always therapeutic to know I'm not alone.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @SaltySam‌
    You are definitely not alone. I have 2 sons that are absolute nuts. They took after their mother and her side of the family unfortunately.

Status- Standing by.

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @SGH, I am 50 with a 5 year old and at time's acts like he is 15 and then fit throwing 3 year old, like tonight. Now I see what I have to look forward to. He is adopted, but has taken on some of our tendencies, like my ability to talk a lot, but he takes it to a new level. I love him to the moon and back, but sometimes I want ship him off to miltary school to set him straight. It's his screaming that kills me. I grin and bare it and say calm trying to calm him. I think he works so hard at school to be good he needs to vent when he gets home. I can feel your pain.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Ladeback69‌
    Well said sir. Mine are grown and they act like 3 year olds!! If I was still young and tough I would just beat the snot out of them!! But atlas I'm old and wore out. So I'm forced to endure them.

Status- Standing by.

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    @SGH you know that woopin' them is now child abuse...

Where was that law when I was growing up?
  • SGH
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    In this case it would be adult abuse. One is 23 and the other is 27!!!

Status- Standing by.

• Ladeback69
    Options
    I was tell my kid today all the things my mom used to use to woop my butt. Like Hot Wheels track, wooden spoon. Hair brush and of course the hand. Then make you set there and think about it. Aren't kids great. At times and at others they drive you nuts. Now I know why our parents did what they did.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SGH
    Options
    I hear ya. I got whipped with whatever was handy at the time. A cane, belt, pine top just whatever was handy.

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My Dad could unbuckle his belt and have it in hand ready to correct me faster than Clint Eastwood could draw a pistol in his spaghetti westerns!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I more than know the feeling brother Fred.^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    We got beat more in school than at home. Every teacher had a paddle hanging by the desk. And if it had holes drilled in it you knew you were in for some pain from less wind resistance. Boys, girls, didn't matter - if you acted up you were bent over the desk and paddled. Today those teachers would be in jail.
    Options
    I sure remember those paddles with holes brother Coley. Ouch!!!!!!

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Me and a group of boys neglected to read our assignment of Great Expectations. Our English teacher also ran the Phys Ed dept. We were sent to the gym with a sealed envelope to give to the wrestling/weight lifting coach. We all took a couple of whacks with a bunting bat (baseball bat with a flat side). I never "forgot" to do my homework again!
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    gmac said:
    i dont even think he drinks, maybe he was kicked out of canada
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    SGH said:
    The TP post is gone. I created this one for nothing. My apologies. It was good while it lasted.

Except now I'm curious about the original post.  Midly, but not much.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I just hope my kids never find out half of the stupid **** I've done in my life.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ladeback69
    Options
    Sometimes they had public beatings with a paddle in high school. In shop if you did something wrong it was 3 swats with a paddle, paddled from all the kids in class or write 250 for what you did wrong if it was just a bad word. The good old days. =))

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @SeahawksEGGHead‌
    The TP post was started by my youngest son who was trying to be funny. While I was outside checking the egg he picked up my IPhone and snapped photos of a bunch of rolls of toilet paper and then posted them. It appeared that I created the post because it was posted under my user name. Therefore I created the (My idiot son) post to explain what happened. It was a prank on me by my son. I wasn't amused by his tomfoolery at all.

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I was! Heh, heh, heh!! Of course if my daughter posted something stupid using my name, I might have a different opinion.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I agree. It would have been funny if it had happened to someone else!!! Just not to me brother Fred.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yeah, but the TP thread would have died had the drama not unfolded. There was more to that thread than "a clean wipe". Remember, the new guys asked for details on all cooks, even if it's crap.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....