Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2014
    SGH said:

Yes sir. Had to use the big one. Got to put the big Yoder on board as well as the egg, wood and lump. Wish you was attending Caz. You could look at the big Yoder and vertical up close and see my mods much better.

I will be there in spirit. Used in a good or bad (more than likely this one lol) way...I'm pretty sure my name will come up this weekend. Hah :-\"
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    henapple said:
    @Eggcelsior I am just so mad jelly that I won't be there to help party until something bad happens.
    You want to party till one in the afternoon. ..something bad will happen early.
    Good point, no reason to stop partying when something bad happens. Poorly worded on my part.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    If bullets start flying I'm jumping in the vertical. It's bullet proof! ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Good news.  Cen-tex has NOT been arrested.  REPEAT, he has NOT been arrested in New Orleans.  At least no news is good news.

See, everything is fine.
    No one has been shot around here for days.  No worries folks.
    Wait until Roscoe gets there...

Nola, if you need unlimited data let me know, I'm grandfathered in with Verizon.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    OK, if you guys post a live webcam feed, I'll be watching non-stop like it was ... food pr0n.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited September 2014
    T - 11 hours. We will see you guys in the morning sometime. @nolaegghead you have my cell give me a call in the morning before you hit the sack! We can meet up and help out tomorrow. 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    As mad as Strick is that he can't make it, I think he's even more mad that this thread is getting bigger than his brisket thread.  He'll spend his weekend trying to revive that thread!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Looking forward to it guy's!
  • SGH
    Brother fusion I'm now fully convinced that it is a pic of me flexing these 19 inch guns. Without question or doubt. What say ye?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    thetrim said:
    As mad as Strick is that he can't make it, I think he's even more mad that this thread is getting bigger than his brisket thread.  He'll spend his weekend trying to revive that thread!
    He would just respond with something like this:

Call me when the thread gets to 351k views.   B-)
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I hope this is an annual thing, this is probably the only weekend I can't make it. Have fun.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    @nolaegghead‌
    Coming down to the wire. If you can think of anything that I need to throw on the trailer just let me know. Cookers almost loaded. Meat is on ice. Wood and lump going on in the morning due to light rain. Ready to get it on fellows. I have been off of my medicine for 4 days now so I can cut loose!!

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    @SGH - One last request - throw that one small wore out Weber grill on the trailer, ya hear?
    It just took me an hour to get caught up on this.  We will arrive around 9pm NOLA time, and meander our way over in the AM.  My wife is questionable due to a cold she caught last weekend but I am prepped to fly solo if need be. 
  • nolaegghead
    Wait until Roscoe gets there... Nola, if you need unlimited data let me know, I'm grandfathered in with Verizon.
    @Eggcelsior - I've been using about 400MB of my 4GB plan, I'm just wondering what kind of speed we can get there.  I'd like to stream a football game or two.  Hey, assuming we get the speed, can you get ESPN games on your phone?  Also, there's music....
    @nolaegghead‌
    Your request is granted my friend. I'm now heavy one wore out Weber!! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    @Hotch and @U_Tarded - You guys interested in helping making Jambalaya and tater salad?  There's not too much to do until I get into the place.  Either way, Give me a ring after 9AM-ish.  You're welcome to hang out over at my crib.  I have a bunch of odds and ends I need to finish up, like find the CO2 leak in the kegerator.  (last tank lasted a day). 

Got some family coming in at different times.  Eggcelsior and wifey are coming in around 4:45PM.  I have one more egg to pick up around 10:30-ish.

I got my old pickup (from the friend I sold it to) for the next 4 days, so I can move stuff.  SGH is coming in hot - been off his meds for, like, 4 days, so he's been up for 4 days and starting to hallucinate, said something like big, hairy bats were trying to fly in his tractor tires.  I called his wife and told him to slip some of his meds into his Copenhagen, so he should be fine by the time he gets here.
    @nolaegghead I will call you in the morning when we get moving.  We want to explore the city a bit since we have never been but this is are primary goal.  We don't do schedules well but I will try to help as much as I can.  
  • nolaegghead
    @U_Tarded - oh, I just noticed you're here in the PM tomorrow.  Assuming Cen-Tex is out on bond, a group of folks may be going out to eat.  If you can take the elevator to the top floor of the Canal Place parking garage, look over the city for a plume of smoke.  He's over there.
    I have everything under control (I hope).  Anyway, I encourage ya'll to explore the city.  Henapple, TigerTony, SGH and SGH Jr, my buddy Jack and a few other friends are going to help set up.
  • nolaegghead
    ...I bet I know where ya got dem shoes...
  • I am embarrassed but ample drunk not to care :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    edited September 2014
    Pat O's

...drinking a hurricane?  They. will. eff. you. up.
  • nolaegghead
    Our annual company x-mas party has been at Pat O's the past 12 years or so.  We get the balcony on bourbon.  Some coworkers actually bring beads to throw and work the crowd.  I skipped the first one ever because I had some kick butt seats to a basketball game.  Totally worth it.
    edited September 2014
    I've officially subscribed to this thread. Mad jelly about yall's upcoming weekend.

Yall be safe and try not leave @henapple in a roof top or fingerless in an stalled elevator.