Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Grub.

Options

Comments

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    I just love bacon in or on anything....

I think you could wrap a dog turd in bacon and it would be edible! =))
    GWN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I basted the pineapple with some jalapeño jelly that was a gift from the @Biggreenpharmacist‌. The jelly is excellent to say the least!imageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    Looking good! I believe stuffed tender loin will be my next cook. I'm about to destroy some warm Ga peach cobbler. I won't see 1030 eastern after that cobbler.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    How is the red? is it spicy at all?I made two jars of it last year and havent tried it. I gave you one and the others over my cabinet. We always eat green and I kinda forget about red.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    It's warm not hot. My wife loves it. I mean she LOVES it!!image

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I eat it on cornbread. And we pour some on a block of cream cheese to eat with crackers at parties.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    My wife eats it on everything!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    You really knocked that jelly out of the park my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    SGH said:
    Central Standard Time

We are on Daylight Time over here in NOLA - did Mississippi stop honoring that, or is it something personal?
    NOLA
  • SGH
    Options
    It's 8:38 here now.

Status- Standing by.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    SGH said:
    It's 8:38 here now.
    So you are posting it at 1 AM our time?
    NOLA
  • SGH
    Options
    Yes

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Here is the cheese stuffed loin wrapped with bacon. Turned out ok I guess.imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• jerryb78
    jerryb78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Nice looking bacon wrap. Is all of that stuff on your plate setter from tonight's cook?
    LBGE
    Menasha, WI
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Nothing covering the stone? I did the same tonight and was just thinking it was a bad move.
    Trip tip in progress.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @sgh & @biggreenpharmacist - I have a jalepeno and strawberry jelly and one with peach that makes an excellent glaze for pork You should try it with the jelly you have.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    Options
    Yeah it's from tonight. It's just jelly and cheese. It won't hurt a thing.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Depending on what I'm cooking I will cover it sometimes. But jelly and cheese will come right off. No harm done.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Here are the sausage stuffed mushrooms. Seasoned with a little cayenne. imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌

Yeah I sometimes mix a little mustard with some of my jalapeno jelly and use it to glaze pork tenderloins. Pretty good stuff. I've never heard of strawberry jalapeno jelly.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    Here is the fried liver as well.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    We get it from a friend who gets it from a friend. The strawberry and the peach jalepeno are very good. They started out mixing with some kinda cheese and putting on crackers and I was like "this would work on pork" and so ends the story

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    Options
    It's excellent.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    The jalapeno peach sounds great.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    The mushrooms going on the egg direct.image

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    That awesome charcoal can go nuclear at any moment. Be careful!!!!!

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    So far the OO has performed spectacular. I like it better than the RO that I have been using. Thanks again brother.

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    I tried Strawberry jalapeño jam for the first time last year at the Fryeberg fair fair in ME. I was so blown away I bought the last 2 bottles at the stand. They didn't last a month.

I think it may be time to dig up a recipe and take a stab at making some....
  • SGH
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    The @Biggreenpharmacist‌ hooked me up. My wife loves the jalapeno jelly.

Status- Standing by.