Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Grub.

Options

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌

If you find a good recipe let me know. I'll make a batch.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I had rice with the liver but everyone scooped it up before I could get a pic. Here is what's left of the rice. Sorry.image

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Stuffed mushrooms are complete. Time to eat!!imageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Turned out pretty good for a rookie!imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Man that jalapeño jelly really set the pineapple and pork over the top! Excellent to say the least!! Thanks again my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    @SGH‌ are those jalapeños in the cream cheese center? Looks fantastic!!!
  • SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    Thanks man. And yes that's cream cheese and jalapeños my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    You can stuff them with about anything that you want though. Just pick something you like and let it rip!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    Will be glad to provide you with directions if you need them my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    Options
    Oh I know! Just wondering what way you decided to go with that one. Jalapeños and cream cheese are a match made in heaven!!! Great choice!

Speaking of which I haven't made ABTs in a while
  • SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    It turned out pretty good over all. I will be doing it again.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    I like stuffing them with cheddar and monetary jack as well. Just depends on my mood that day.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    I have even stuffed the loins with sausage. It's considerable more work but outstanding nonetheless.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    It looks good!  What was your target temp?  

The stuffed mushrooms would be destroyed.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    Here is a tip. I took a piece of 3/4 diameter SS pipe 16 inches long and beveled one end sharp. It will cut a hole through a loin way better and faster than a plastic turkey baster. Works like a charm my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Because it was stuffed I took it to 155 instead of my usual 135. It works perfect this way. I have been playing around with them for a long time and the 155 just yields better results on the stuffed ones in my estimate. The mushrooms didn't last 30 seconds my friend. Everyone loves them. Thanks for the compliments.

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    SGH said:

@ChillyWillis‌
    Here is a tip. I took a piece of 3/4 diameter SS pipe 16 inches long and beveled one end sharp. It will cut a hole through a loin way better and faster than a plastic turkey baster. Works like a charm my friend.

Wow @SGH‌ that SS pipe would cut through that pork loin like butter, great idea my friend. I'm sure that it would absolutely put my butcher twine tied loins to shame. The moisture retention in that loin must be second to none, especially with the bacon sealing everything in!

PS on an unrelated note I'm up with popcorn and a beverage anxiously awaiting the clod!!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @SGH‌ Did I miss the beef clod? :-/
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    I don't know man those tied loins you do look fantastic to me. The SS pipe works better than anything that I have tried. I got lucky with that idea I guess. Just thought I would share it with everyone. It's a real time saver.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @SGH‌ Oh you said midnight Central? 2am Eastern. I think ya did at least. Oh well back to cleaning up my prep area/table. I'll keep an eye out. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • ChillyWillis
    Options
    If you got enough pipe it'd make one heck of a shish-kabob!!! =P~

I'll save that idea for an xxl
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    It's coming man. Just trying to pick the appropriate time.

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    Options
    No worries, I'm a patient man.
  • SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    Your wait is over my friend. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    No sir. You did not miss the clod.
    What did you think of my stuffed loin wrapped in bacon though ?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    I'm working on the clod post. Hang in there brother. It will be posted when you get up tomorrow my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Here is a condensed gallery of tonights grub not so spaced out. I would like to say thanks to everyone for the kind words and thanks for looking as well. Hope everyone enjoyed.imageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @hapster‌
    Thanks hap!!!

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    SGH said:

@NPHuskerFL‌
    No sir. You did not miss the clod.
    What did you think of my stuffed loin wrapped in bacon though ?

Stuffed loin looked awesome! And the stuffed mushrooms definitely sound like $$$
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014