Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chick-fil-a

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hibby said:
    Well, it's fast food to start with.  Second the proceeds, through the family that owns them, give money to hate groups and anti-LGBT groups that promote discrimination and lobby to pass laws on what folks can or can't do in the bedroom.  So if all that is what you're about, then it's another way for you to support that activity.
    How terrible that they strive to uphold the beliefs and morals that this country was founded upon. And how convenient that just because I don't approve of something/someone, I automatically get classified as a 'Hater'. The party of 'tolerance' is only tolerant if you agree with them. Hypocritical at a minimum.
    Burning witches was quite popular at the time too.   If witches existed, I'd let them be witches.  They still need to answer to the same laws we all do.  But I'm not gonna make witches a second class citizen, and that type of attitude is just the antithesis of freedom.  How hard is it to just let people be equal?  Take care of your own house. No one wants to be judged through a ideological and religious filter. 
    Options
    GaBGE said:

I remember Adam and Eve, never rember anything about Adam and Steve.

I remember love thy neighbor. I remember he without sin cast the first stone. I remember faith, hope, and love being great things given with the greatest being love.
    Boom
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

@henapple And supporting traditional marriage, in some circles, puts you smack dab in the middle of a hate group.

and @nolaegghead to be fair, I totally agree with you regarding your live and let live philosophy and feel the same way, but totally disagree with your use of the term "hate group" and "bigot" for anyone that doesn't toe the same line you do.  We're taught to throw out those labels from every angle toward those who don't think exactly like we do and it's detrimental and dangerous to us all in the long run.   

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Funny how henpocrite "bashing Royal Oak everyday all day" apple gets on the case of GaBGE for saying what he did, but is scared to attack the guy who likes to get fudged packed and started on the political posts in this thread, our very own resident leftist, nolaeggjerk. I agree live and let live. Hell, I'm an Anarchocapitalist. Unfortunately, the fudge packers have gone after the other side with much more venom than the other side. Bring a knife to a fight, I will bring a nuclear bomb. Now I will go back to my other identities. See ya to next time.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    That's one reason.  What are the others?
    1) Good fried chicken. 
    2) Pickles
    3) Buttery bun
    4) Polynesian Sauce
    5) Waffle Fries. 

Can I get the homophobia and religious zealotism on the side?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Side of what? A cliff?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I like turtles.
    Options
    Have you seen my baseball?
  • henapple
    Options
    Jimmy, do you like gladiator movies?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,956
    Options
    GaBGE said:
    I remember Adam and Eve, never rember anything about Adam and Steve.

You're kidding, right? I thought everyone knew Jesus had two Dads.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • henapple
    Options
    Yep
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    This has all the marks of a soon-to-be deleted thread
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options

This has all the marks of a soon-to-be deleted thread

Unfortunately probably true...

I think this forum needs an alcohol fueled thread filled with self righteous rants every once in a while just to help maintain it's edge.

;)
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    So.......you say they're giving away an EGG.........?
    GWN
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Damn. I moderate a politics forum on another board and come here for a break. Its like the friggin twilight zone. Guess I need to go back to my other board and post some egg cooks?

Little Rock, AR

• henapple
    Options
    Obama uses a grill dome!

:-@
  • nolaegghead
    Options

EggerinLA said:
    Funny how henpocrite "bashing Royal Oak everyday all day" apple gets on the case of GaBGE for saying what he did, but is scared to attack the guy who likes to get fudged packed and started on the political posts in this thread, our very own resident leftist, nolaeggjerk. I agree live and let live. Hell, I'm an Anarchocapitalist. Unfortunately, the fudge packers have gone after the other side with much more venom than the other side. Bring a knife to a fight, I will bring a nuclear bomb. Now I will go back to my other identities. See ya to next time.
    I guess I'm a leftist fudge packer.  That used to be called a centrist.  Henpocrite and I are friends, and we let each other off the hook I suppose.  Just sayin', be nice or leave.  Nolaeggjerk off. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Brother I think some folks are just trying to rattle your cage. Do not let them. Enjoy your Friday night and ignore the nonsense. Life is to short as it is my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    EggerinLA said:

Funny how henpocrite "bashing Royal Oak everyday all day" apple gets on the case of GaBGE for saying what he did, but is scared to attack the guy who likes to get fudged packed and started on the political posts in this thread, our very own resident leftist, nolaeggjerk.

I agree live and let live. Hell, I'm an Anarchocapitalist. Unfortunately, the fudge packers have gone after the other side with much more venom than the other side. Bring a knife to a fight, I will bring a nuclear bomb.

Now I will go back to my other identities. See ya to next time.

Wha?

Popcorn, please.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    henapple said:

Obama uses a grill dome!

:-@

So do you.

I bet it burns RO too.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I want to post something here that is incredibly insightful and peace bringing, but that's not gonna happen...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hibby said:
    Well, it's fast food to start with.  Second the proceeds, through the family that owns them, give money to hate groups and anti-LGBT groups that promote discrimination and lobby to pass laws on what folks can or can't do in the bedroom.  So if all that is what you're about, then it's another way for you to support that activity.
    How terrible that they strive to uphold the beliefs and morals that this country was founded upon. And how convenient that just because I don't approve of something/someone, I automatically get classified as a 'Hater'. The party of 'tolerance' is only tolerant if you agree with them. Hypocritical at a minimum.

KennyLee said:

So do I.....and I don't see it.  And just because someone supports a cause you may not like or agree with doesn't make them supporters of a hate group, although it seems that's where we've come because that's what we're told ad nauseam.  All in all, I say they are good folks, which I'm sure you're mileage will vary also.

Just don't eat there......that'll show 'em.

How would you two bigot jerks like it if I had a fast food joint that pumped millions of dollars into making your sexual preference illegal?  Pretty pissed off I would imagine. Think about that if you're capable of empathy, however, I doubt it's possible. 
    Options
    Ok, I apologize for any ad hominem attacks. 

Chik-fil-a food might taste like goddess ****, and they may pay their employees $8.50 an hour rather than McDonalds $7.50 an hour.  So their employees might be able to get to rent a movie now and then given they're probably subsidized with food stamps and public housing.  And they do give to charities.  If the reason you're promoting them outside of the love of delicious fast food or an egg raffle can be construed that they stand out in an ideology of hatred, I'm going to stand up for the disenfranchised. 
    Options
    Wow... I don't buy into the PC crowd.... Even if that will lead to an IRS audit... Someone pass me a chicken sandwich please! I don't hate... But at the same time.... Don't even think about telling me what I need to believe. It doesn't make me wrong to think differently than others.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Not to beat a dead horse, but, and I know I'm probably promoting their fast food sales here, here's some additional information, as it's been suggested the "hate-group" connection is my own rhetoric.

Chick-fil-A has donated over $5 million, via WinShape, to groups that oppose same-sex marriage. Of this, more than $3 million was donated primarily to Christian organizations whose agendas included positions that some consider to be anti-gay,[36] with the money donated between 2003 and 2009.[37] A total of $1.9 million was donated in 2010 to groups such as the Marriage & Family Foundation, Exodus International and the Family Research Council (FRC).[38] That year, the FRC, which received $1,000[37] was listed as an anti-gay[39] hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[40][41][42] WinShape has also contributed to Christian groups including Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Exodus International, the latter noted for supporting ex-gay conversion therapy.[38] In response, students at several colleges and universities worked to ban or remove the company's restaurants from their campuses.[43]

In June and July 2012, Chick-fil-A Chief operating officer Dan T. Cathy made several public statements supporting the traditional family, saying about same-sex marriage that those who "have the audacity to define what marriage is about" were "inviting God's judgment on our nation".[44] Several prominent politicians expressed disapproval.[45]Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, and Chicago Alderman Proco "Joe" Moreno said they hoped to block franchise expansion into their areas.[46][47] The proposed bans drew criticism from liberal pundits, legal experts, and the American Civil Liberties Union.[48] The Jim Henson Company, which had a Pajanimals kids' meal toy licensing arrangement with Chick-fil-A, said it would cease its business relationship, and donate the payment to the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.[49] Chick-fil-A stopped distributing the toys, citing unrelated safety concerns that had arisen prior to the controversy.[50] Chick-fil-A released a statement on July 31, 2012 saying, "We are a restaurant company focused on food, service and hospitality; our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."[51]

so @mcmac eat them up.  Free country.
    Options
    Can't we just all go back to arguing about charcoal again?