Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: I keep having this dream that my Egg gets destroyed.

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
edited April 2014 in Off Topic
Last night was the fourth time I have had this dream. It's always someone different at fault and it always seems so real, even after I wake up. The first time it was my brother's fault for leaving it wide open and it melted, lol. Not realistic at all, but you know how vivid dreams are. It took me a good minute or two after I woke up to realize how stupid that is and that it was just a dream. It has been blown up and dropped most recently. I can't figure out what is causing this recurrence just about every other night. Any psychologists on the board?
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Go double check that your bands are properly tightened!  Let's not discount the possibility that you are telepathic.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jls9595
    Options
    Go double check that your bands are properly tightened!  Let's not discount the possibility that you are telepathic.  
    I have, lol although cazzy's explanation is a possibility as well :))
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • SenecaTheYounger
    Options
    It's a sign of success and a stress free life if your overwhelming concerns and nightmares, your innermost vulnerabilities, are revealed by your sub-conscience, and concern only your grill. 

If that's the case, I'd say you are ahead of the vast majority of people on Earth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• jls9595
    Options
    It's a sign of success and a stress free life if your overwhelming concerns and nightmares, your innermost vulnerabilities, are revealed by your sub-conscience, and concern only your grill. 

If that's the case, I'd say you are ahead of the vast majority of people on Earth.

I'm going with this one. Thanks :D

I'm not crazy, I'm just successful and stress free!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Dreams are your subconscious trying to finish (work out issues) that haven't been resolved in your mind throughout the day. Maybe your egg is physically in a position where it's in harms way, or maybe your brother has destroyed something if yours in the past and never made it right...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2014
    Options
    it's one thing to be "one" with your egg i.e. telepathic, it is something else to see the egg's future, that's clairvoyance. 

Seems the appropriate response is to go find an animal (goats or chickens are popular) put it up on a rock, stab it thru the heart with your Shun knife and prepare it on the egg to exorcise the demons. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jls9595
    Options
    it's one thing to be "one" with your egg i.e. telepathic, it is something else to see the egg's future, that's clairvoyance. 

Seems the appropriate response is to go find an animal (goats or chickens are popular) put it up on a rock, stab it thru the heart with your Shun knife and prepare it on the egg to exorcise the demons. 
    I did that yesterday...unless a spatchcock chicken doesn't count?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Get enough EGGs that you lose track of how many you have. Then you won't worry about what happens to one. ;)

Happy Friday
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm not a psychologist, but I think it means you should give your egg to me for safe keeping. Visit it anytime!
    Flint, Michigan
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    What a hilarious post!  I love hearing dream stories because I dream like crazy. 

I have a reoccurring dream that I cant find my car in the parking lot.  When I finally do, it has been moved from my original parking spot and the doors are open.  Somebody broke in and completely trashed it . .  I am talking tires missing, dash ripped-up, stereo gone, etc, etc. 

Not exactly the same but very similar . .  just a materialistic fear so made me feel shallow.  Now I feel like I have company . . thanks for sharing and making me laugh. 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • jls9595
    Options
    no chance @Fred19Flintstone haha. @NDG glad we can relate. its just weird but at least we know we aren't the only ones :))
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    This is a great place to be...open conversation, good friends and good food!
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    You have a Large egg and are looking for an excuse to upgrade to an XL.