Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: The new "mancave"

Options
13»

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @hondabbq, is there going to be a certain autographed object hanging in this beautiful space soon?! 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    @hondabbq, is there going to be a certain autographed object hanging in this beautiful space soon?! 

Yes there will be.

I have yet to finalize how I am going to hang it, meaning, how to secure it to the wall. As stated previously it is an ICF basement so if the straps don't line up with the hangers on the piece, then I will have to go through 1/2" drywall and 2" of styro to get to the concrete. I don't want to have this thing dropping. My contractor said he has 70# shear strength drywall plugs, but it still makes me leery about 2 solitary plugs holding up my prized possession.

I also have to figure out how the arrangement of it will hang as I will be possibly be procuring another for the final tour. I do have 2 spotlights  that were supposed to show it, but now I may have to move things over to accommodate the new piece.

Thanks for remembering. Kudos to you.

I guess that is one, or 2 more things that will make it more of a mancave for Gerhardk.

Realistically what SWMBO in her right mind would let her hubby have a urinal and hang up 2 pieces like that on the wall in the recroom. Boggles me sometimes.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I had to go stalker on you to remember what we were talking about :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• hondabbq
    Options
    I had to go stalker on you to remember what we were talking about :)

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPER
  • hondabbq
    Options
    spent some time in the recroom last night. just did some tidying and set up the xbox ( another mancave addition) and labeled the on the tv for SWMBO. If all goes well I will be finishing up the mechanical room tonight and putting up shelving and hopefully the wash basin soon.
  • hondabbq
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The piece de resistance finally got hung in the mancave and filled up the Crüe cabinet. I think I'll need a couple more. I don't know why the pics are rotated. They are fine on my phone. Sorry.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Hellzya! Mötley fing Crüe! Nice!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • hondabbq
    Options
    Ordered up the new pool table today. 2-3 weeks delivery.
  • hondabbq
    Options
    Pool table finally arrived yesterday. I also have set up the theatre with the aforementioned Sonos. I think I will have to run a pair of play 1s in the corners by the pool table just to fill the room with sound more.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Outstanding looking setup man, kudos to you and SWMBO. The urinal is an awesome idea. I am also running the Sonos Playbar, Sub, and Play:3's in the rear. Awesome sound, I just wish Sonos would add native DTS decoding. The last scene in Skyfall sounds incredible through the system.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • hondabbq
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Outstanding looking setup man, kudos to you and SWMBO. The urinal is an awesome idea. I am also running the Sonos Playbar, Sub, and Play:3's in the rear. Awesome sound, I just wish Sonos would add native DTS decoding. The last scene in Skyfall sounds incredible through the system.
    I too was hesitant about the DTS issue, but stepping into the digital age per say, I do most of my movie watching off of Netflix etc. I am also in the process of burning all my music to ITunes and my Ipad to stream it via Sonos.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    In my man cave (AKA "manbearcave") I have a Harmon Kardon 7.1 receiver,  7 speakers, 2 subs and 2 outdoor speakers connected up with a TV, cable box, Roku, Google Chromecast, and MBP.  Also a projector and a giant motorized screen.  Everything is networked to the rest of the house.  I have a couple auxiliary ports and bluetooth so I can connect to my camera, or cell phones, ipods, etc.  Pretty much everything I could possibly need. 
    Options
    Brother that is awesome to say the least. Congratulations my friend and enjoy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• hondabbq
    Options
    In my man cave (AKA "manbearcave") I have a Harmon Kardon 7.1 receiver,  7 speakers, 2 subs and 2 outdoor speakers connected up with a TV, cable box, Roku, Google Chromecast, and MBP.  Also a projector and a giant motorized screen.  Everything is networked to the rest of the house.  I have a couple auxiliary ports and bluetooth so I can connect to my camera, or cell phones, ipods, etc.  Pretty much everything I could possibly need. 

Wowee.

I have a fip phone..........lol JK.