Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Have we had a "how did you pick your handle" thread yet?

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

The Saint Louis Charcoal Company, LLC     (dba: STL Charcoal)

• Live in denver...and I guess because I am.
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    I hate this thread.

=)) =))
    When I first started grilling with the BGE, I had read about VOC's and I was sniffing the smoke to tell me when it was ready for Q'ing. Yea I know it's stupid. 
    Cheers.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    I ride a Harley Street Glide, hence, Streetglider
    Perfect, good to hear there are a few Harley guys here, I ride a Roadie. Good choice in bikes and BBQ Post a pic, love to see ur scooter.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    I ride a Harley Street Glide, hence, Streetglider
    Perfect, good to hear there are a few Harley guys here, I ride a Roadie. Good choice in bikes and BBQ Post a pic, love to see ur scooter.
    VI has a scooter too, Y'all should do a charity ride, but slow so he can keep up  :P

XLBGE 
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    A friends sister dated a guy that had the same first name as me. I was twice his size and got referred to as Double. It kinda stuck.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Love to fly and I do.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• kidcowboy
    kidcowboy Posts: 27
    My nickname growing up was kid.  And since my heart will always be in Texas, Kidcowboy sounded good.  Plus Jeremy isnt that interesting of a name.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    We prospect for gold using a Keene Dredge and a Keene Highbanker and lots of other stuff. If you thing BGE's are expensive, look into this hobby.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Gooey1
    Gooey1 Posts: 96
    Gooey - in general my physical appearance.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"
  • flynnbob said:
    Nickname of my sidekick Flynn who is always bobbin around somewhere nearby.  Go by Jeff most everywhere else.

I gots one of these. He's a big Tri-color though. Awesome dogs.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • my wife's maiden name is Parker so we are parkersquared. No we aren't related, but we do live in Mississippi....

That made beer come out my nose!

What are the odds?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • my wife's maiden name is Parker so we are parkersquared. No we aren't related, but we do live in Mississippi....

Maybe we're outlaws? I married a Parker as well. Before we got married, she told me "Parkers like sex and sleep." I found that, at least for this Parker, that is true.
    Flint, Michigan
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Aviator said:
    Love to fly and I do.

What are you flying?

Bell 206 for me.

• I am a firefighter/paramedic, and my birthday is 6/27.  Hopefully somebody will remember that in a couple of weeks, I'm hoping for a thermapen...... 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Friends in college called me the king of Calcutta, then shortened it to Cali.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    Browninggold....Own a few Browning firearms. One being a Browning Goldhunter. Also have a few Kimber .45s. My Dad carried. BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) in WWII. Was on Iwo Jima at the age of 17 lied about his age to join the Corps. His best friend and my Moms brother was KIA on Iwo.
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited June 2013

Browninggold....Own a few Browning firearms. One being a Browning Goldhunter. Also have a few Kimber .45s. My Dad carried. BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) in WWII. Was on Iwo Jima at the age of 17 lied about his age to join the Corps. His best friend and my Moms brother was KIA on Iwo.

Awesome man. Tell your dad thanks for his service and courage.

17 year olds today don't even know how to tie their shoes or have a job. It's amazing to hear story's of teen's like your dad.

Pretty sweet about the guns too. Priceless.

XLBGE 
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Mine is pretty boring.My last name is Canning's , I was born in 1976 and I am a man so presto cannman1976.Since I am the one and only Newf on here "The newf" would be cool too or maybe  "the green newf"...lol
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    Great thread here, learn a lot about someone through their handle!
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Can you believe when I registered a few years ago Smokey was taken??? I added the first 4 letters of my last name.  I wish I had given it more thought.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Jeb was my high score handle with video games ( talking about where u went and pumped quarters before playstations and such came out) and pot is part of my last name.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Love Bama football and egging.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Nick name from high school for me. I was the smart kid who wanted to be a jock with literally no physical size or talent.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I'm a big Seinfeld fan. Mine is a reference to one of the characters.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    My daughter gave me a custom t-shirt for Christmas a year ago that said Grill King. So the GK and hatched in 1959.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    I'm a Neil Young fan. He has a song out about Montezuma.  Named my black lab ZUMA 35 years ago.  Just loved the name ZUMA for some reason.  This is my first comment on the forum.  Have been lurking for 5 years.  Love to egg and wouldn't want to be without them.  Large & small sits on my back patio.  Thanks for all the fun people and hope to add more in the future.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Jebpot said:
    Jeb was my high score handle with video games ( talking about where u went and pumped quarters before playstations and such came out) and pot is part of my last name.
    Are you sure "pot" isn't the other half of your high school career?  

XLBGE 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Mine is pretty boring.My last name is Canning's , I was born in 1976 and I am a man so presto cannman1976.Since I am the one and only Newf on here "The newf" would be cool too or maybe  "the green newf"...lol
    I still like CodCheekEgger or maybe ScreechingEgghead.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!