Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

free one

henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
Scored a free Jack barrel today. Either a table or make a cabinet for storage.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• BotchBotch Posts: 2,965
    Make sure to save any cutoffs for smoking T-bones!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,511
    Or chop the whole thing up for smoking chips
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Awesome score! I like the table idea.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Nice score. I like the table idea.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 533
    Could always make it a table with a cabinet in it. Just add a door and a top.
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    I would burn it for food but I'm a fatkid
    ·
  • Crazy jealous!
    Boom
    ·
  • I had a co-worker that went to buy one of these every year.  He said you could slosh them around and tell how much whiskey was still inside.  He claimed to have scored several gallons one time.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Doc...first thing i did. Dry. Chopping it up, as a TN boy seems wrong. When i win a mini at Salado it'd make a great stand...
    ·
    Make it a side table for the egg with a door for storage
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,622
    Hold on... one of those minis has my name on it. :)

Great score. That would look great as a table/cabinet/stand.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    caliking said:

Hold on... one of those minis has my name on it. :)

Great score. That would look great as a table/cabinet/stand.
    There's 4...I'll take two and you take two. Not sure what I'm gonna do. Have a Jack and figure it out.
    ·
  • Nice score
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,694
    Ship it to Danny who make handles and have him carve something in it. Then, obviously it is a mini stand.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,965
    If you make a cabinet out of it, with a hinged door, the hinge solution has both the woodworker and the mechanical engineer in me  intrigued...  :-B

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Doc...first thing i did. Dry. Chopping it up, as a TN boy seems wrong. When i win a mini at Salado it'd make a great stand...
    Think how sweet the aroma will be when you make that mini stand out of it, and the MBGE starts heating the wood up.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
    Botch said:

If you make a cabinet out of it, with a hinged door, the hinge solution has both the woodworker and the mechanical engineer in me  intrigued...  :-B

Help...throw me a bone.
    ·
    Do you want to hide the hinge or go with a rustic hinge look?
    ·
  • Smoke wood for life. There are lots of ways to make tables, there is only one experience of JD smoke wood. And you can get in touch with @Doc_Eggerton to see if he can arrange to recycle the bands for you, he has an in with his local recycle center. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Smoke wood for life. There are lots of ways to make tables, there is only one experience of JD smoke wood. And you can get in touch with @Doc_Eggerton to see if he can arrange to recycle the bands for you, he has an in with his local recycle center. 
    Ha, ha.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,694
    Hen, going to be a cool project for sure. Look forward to seeing which way you go. Nice score man
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 745
    I drilled holes in the top of mine to hold my pool cues when I had a pool table. Sold it, but still have 2 barrels left. Sorry for the blurry pic.
    image.jpg 155.4K
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,511
    henapple said:

I'll probably go rustic. Connect hinges on the metal bands. Not sure...one or two doors. Might just drink Jack and sit on it like a leprechaun.

Wear nothing but boxers with "lucky charms" written across the front. I smell a party!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,048
    @henapple and @caliking guys we are giving away 4 of them. The last one will be in a carrier as well. Also a yeti cooler as a prize.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Yeti coolers are the best! Love mine. Want to buy a smaller one for easy carry.
    Boom
    ·
  • Yeti is overpriced and too heavy!

·
  • henapple said:

that would make an awesome table/stand!!!great idea!!!

=D>
    ·

henapple said:

I'll probably go rustic. Connect hinges on the metal bands. Not sure...one or two doors. Might just drink Jack and sit on it like a leprechaun.

Wear nothing but boxers with "lucky charms" written across the front. I smell a party!
    I was leaning towards a thong with "pot of gold" on it.
    ·