Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

A new low in food handling (even for me)

I brined some chicken wings for the games later today. I filled the pot with hot anti-bacterial soapy water to sanitize. I decided I was going to defrost a SV chicken breast for lunch and I usually use the SV for that. I figured the hot soapy wing brine pot was just as good so in it went :)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
1- LGBE
1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Wanna sell your sous vide unit?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I think I'm on to something here. Ya know, 2 birds, one stone. Clean one meal while prepping another. It's the newest thing.
    1- LGBE
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,703
    My low was pulling out a frozen brisket Thursday night.  I forgot about it until last night (reminded by a brisket thread here on the forum - thanks forum).  'Bout 20 hours out in the manbearcave.  Ambient temp when I grabbed it.  I fired up the egg and did a travis-style brisket.  Smelled fine before cooking.  Ate a piece after pulling it, and I'm still alive today, so I think we good.

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,779
    The greening of a Green Egger-had to happen sometime :)  As long as you have confidence in your seal..
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • lousubcap said:

The greening of a Green Egger-had to happen sometime :)  As long as you have confidence in your seal..

Same bag as I cooked it in so I knew I had a good seal. Totally safe, I just laughed at myself when I threw it in there.
    1- LGBE
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,014
    Don't worry Nola, food-borne illness can take 24-72 hours to arrive at the party in your gut. Is there a "throne" in that manbearcave? You can pass down wisdom from that to us commoners. :))
  • My low was pulling out a frozen brisket Thursday night.  I forgot about it until last night (reminded by a brisket thread here on the forum - thanks forum).  'Bout 20 hours out in the manbearcave.  Ambient temp when I grabbed it.  I fired up the egg and did a travis-style brisket.  Smelled fine before cooking.  Ate a piece after pulling it, and I'm still alive today, so I think we good.

I trust the good director on bowell issues but I would have eaten it without hesitation.
    1- LGBE
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,703
    I'm glad it worked out - I had two dark beers and a can of Mr. and Mrs T's bloody mary mix invested in the baking pan ;)

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,014
    That would sterilize it for me. Good eats!
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I see nothing wrong here

- Mr. Clean.
  • IrishDevl said:
    I see nothing wrong here - Mr. Clean.

If you are Mr. Clean, I would hate to meet Mr. Dirty :))
    1- LGBE
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Suds Vide???

You're a multitasking hero in my book. =D>
  • IrishDevl said:
    I see nothing wrong here - Mr. Clean.

If you are Mr. Clean, I would hate to meet Mr. Dirty :))

"Mr. Dirty?  Perhaps not.  Dirty Old Man?  You betcha!"

Flint, Michigan