Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fidel's Marinated Chick Wings '09

Options
Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 5
edited November -1 in Appetizers

Ingredients

• 1 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 Tbs vegetable oil
  • 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tbs chili powder
  • 2 Tbs Frank's Red Hot
  • 1 Tbs white sugar
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp granulated garlic

Instructions

Let them soak for 6 hours. Then I took them out and put them on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet and let them air dry in the fridge for 2 hours.

Cooked them direct on the rig, highest setting, with coals only about halfway up the firebox. I wanted the wings about 18" or so above the heat. I left the spider in to try and give some perspective to the distance between the wings and the coals.

I turned them once during the cook and spun the grid to try and make sure they cooked evenly. When they got to about 180* internal - almost done - I put them in a mixing bowl with some Anchor Bar Suicidal sauce, tossed them, then put them back on the grid for another 10 minutes and let them crisp up.

Pulled them off, tossed them in the bowl again just to get a hint more sauce on them. Served with traditional side of celery and blue cheese and an ice cold beer.

These were very good. I highly recommend you give these a rip sometime for some really good wings. The vinegar in the marinade has just enough tang to cut the heat and give the flavor some good depth.

Notes

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: