Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shirley 24x42 Added to the Family!

Options
2»

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That's great. Enjoy and post some cooks. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    That's great. Enjoy and post some cooks. 
    @SciAggie Will do. Why don't you come out to the BBQ Bash on 11-11-2017 at Belton Lake? Bring the MiniMax!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Awesome story and congrats. You have upped your game. Love the set up.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Looks great, Hotch!  Can't wait to get a chance to try it out!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    You have a neighbor that makes custom covers?

Oh, and great looking smoker and back yard.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's it. I'm coming over . 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Congratulations on the great new rig.  Like others, I was ready for the "...and the. disaster struck" turn, but am happy you came through unscathed. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Hotch
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys, and you are all welcome to come over!
    Looks like we are going to light her up this weekend for our End of Summer neighborhood party.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Looks like a nice place for it. Hopefully it's happier at its new home. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Nice rig!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Looks great in its new home and yes Hotch, you are lucky to have Shelly.  
    18 days and we will be homeless.  Going up to Waco tomorrow to look at a few houses,  maybe one could become temp housing until Roulette house completed.  If not we will be nomads.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • sumoconnell
    Options
    Shirley you must be joking
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Congrats!

The mower towing the rig is a priceless photo!  =)
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    Options
    That's an interesting place to mount a spare tire. Do you remove it for a cook?
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JohnH12 said:
    That's an interesting place to mount a spare tire. Do you remove it for a cook?
    The design has plenty of room between the smoker and the tire so that heats not a problem. He also has the insulated firebox. I have that on mine and I can hold my hand to the firebox sides even when pushing 300+ in my main cooker.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Hotch
    Options
    Thanks guy. It will get it's first run tomorrow at our "End of Summer Party" with 10-15 lbs of sausage, a few nakid fatties and 6 slabs of baby backs.

Guest list is at 45+!! I have 40 9" pizza doughs, pre-proofed and will cook 5 at a time with 1 Mini, 2 MiniMAX and 1 Large with 2 stones.

William ( @sancho65 ) will be in charge of the guests cooking their own pies!! I will be manning the Shirley and helping out. And we will have a few other Eggheads over along with a bunch of neighbors. Most of the guests are Shelly's peeps from work.

Hoping this will be an Epic Success.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX