Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rock-in Robin's whats happen en in da music world....

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Great shots at the show. I was gong to send some through as well.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Just watched some Gary Clark Jr videos. Damn @YukonRon I'd have to agree. That dude's got it going on. Def gonna have to catch him live. 
    He is going to be at the bourbon and beyond, just saying.....
    Funny, I just read that as well...lol
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Tyler Childers 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Looks like the Eagles will be doing a mini fall tour as they will play Greensboro, Louisville Atlanta and Detroit in October. Same line up of artist with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey joining the core three.

See you at the show.
    Hope they are better than the Hell Freezes Over tour. 
    I saw them way back...right after the One of the Nights album came out. They were outstanding then. Really not the same these days.
    Suzy and I saw them in Lexington, the last show before Glen Frye died. It had to be one of the worst, if not THE worst shows, I have EVER seen. I have seen them several times in the past, and this was sssssoooooooo not good. We stuck it out until Rocky Mountain Way, then left. There was so much animosity for one another on that stage. I would not go back to another one of their shows, (and they are going to be here in Louisville) if they gave me seats on the effing stage, with a waiter to get my drinks, for free, all night long. It was that bad.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    YukonRon said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Just watched some Gary Clark Jr videos. Damn @YukonRon I'd have to agree. That dude's got it going on. Def gonna have to catch him live. 
    He is going to be at the bourbon and beyond, just saying.....
    Funny, I just read that as well...lol
    It is going to be packed with blues artists that are leading edge. Eddie Vedder is going to be there as well. It should be awesome. Jonny Lang kills it, Kenny Wayne Shephard will kill it, the list is long for the best in blues touring today. This will be the place to be. Plus I know a guy with a couple of ceramic cookers......

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2017
    Options
    48 years ago today....a half million people attend a festival on Max Yasgur's farm. Three days in an alfalfa field outside the village of Bethel New York.....provided us Woodstock Music and Art Fair. Jimmy, Dylan, Jerry, Arlo, Joan, Country Joe, Sly, Janis, Carlos, Rodger and many others played to a crowd occupying 600 acres of farm land. 

https://youtu.be/WehjMZcQqPA

This moment in Rock History brought to you by Max's Cows....Let them Moo in peace.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Looks like the Eagles will be doing a mini fall tour as they will play Greensboro, Louisville Atlanta and Detroit in October. Same line up of artist with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey joining the core three.

See you at the show.
    Hope they are better than the Hell Freezes Over tour. 
    I saw them way back...right after the One of the Nights album came out. They were outstanding then. Really not the same these days.
    Suzy and I saw them in Lexington, the last show before Glen Frye died. It had to be one of the worst, if not THE worst shows, I have EVER seen. I have seen them several times in the past, and this was sssssoooooooo not good. We stuck it out until Rocky Mountain Way, then left. There was so much animosity for one another on that stage. I would not go back to another one of their shows, (and they are going to be here in Louisville) if they gave me seats on the effing stage, with a waiter to get my drinks, for free, all night long. It was that bad.
    It was that way during the Hell Freezes Over tour. Saw them two nights in a row at the Omni in Atlanta. It was the worst shows I've ever seen. I was in college and those tickets were outrageously priced at the time. It was so bad that I won't listen to their music anymore. Every time I hear it, I get pissed off. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Haven't seen much love for Amy Winehouse on here, but I watched the documentary about her last night and really enjoyed it.  I almost felt sorry for her as she never wanted to be in the lime light.  She just wanted to write poems.  Watched it on Amazon Prime Video.

Image result for amy movie poster
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Kroger
    Kroger Posts: 22
    Options
    Some recent new albums I'm enjoying listening to include Manchester Orchestra's Black Mile to the Surface album and Declan McKenna. For a kid not even 20, I think he's putting out some good music. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    This day in 1969 was the photo shoot for the iconic Abbey Road Album.
    irrefutable proof of the Fifth Beetle

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Somehow I feel like going sailing....

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Hard at work I see Robin. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Note that sail has numbers Brent. Likewise, you must not be hitting a lick today yourself.

• northGAcock
    Options
    I may have failed you all by not posting yesterdays big birthday. You will have to wish Madonna a belated birthday. I will try and do better.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Note that sail has numbers Brent. Likewise, you must not be hitting a lick today yourself.
    What are those numbers for??
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Sobriety testing.....you have to be able to recite them on request by the water po po.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Aretha Franklin - Retirement plans include opening a Detroit Nightclub. The Venue will be called Aretha's and will allow her to occasionally perform with other Detroit favorites. She is 75......good to know she is not hanging it up completely.

• FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Watched Gary Clark Jr crush Voodoo Child when he was a teenage playing on 6th Street in Austin. I can only imagine what he is capable of now.
    Gittin' there...
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Haven't seen much love for Amy Winehouse on here, but I watched the documentary about her last night and really enjoyed it.  I almost felt sorry for her as she never wanted to be in the lime light.  She just wanted to write poems.  Watched it on Amazon Prime Video.

That doc was really well done.  Back to Black is still one of the best albums of the past 15 years.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    Options
    Acn said:

That doc was really well done.  Back to Black is still one of the best albums of the past 15 years.
    Those two background singers / showman she had always cracked me up. Another taken from us way before her time.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Robert Plant will release a new 11 song LP "Carry Fire" on October 13th.

• northGAcock
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Southern Rock legend Charlie Daniels (80) has voiced his opinion on the removal of Confederate statues. "If you don't like it, don't look at it"

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    Options
    A PSA of Sorts

• ScarletFire
    Options
    The lineup is sick! I have Sirius and they will be broadcasting live, can't wait to hear Phil and Bobby do Terrapin! 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    If you haven't already heard some of their stuff.  Definitely check out Pigeons.  They are good. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    Options

• ScarletFire
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1kW7dbimD0

Love the Pigeons. This is one of the coolest videos of live music i've watched on Youtube. Dead/Zep mashup 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Watching the stream right now Robin.  Great line-up.  Thanks for sharing.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    Options
    Interesting duo to play together at this years Americana Honors & awards show. Van Morrison and Graham Nash have been added to the bill which will take place on September 13th in Nashville. Van the man will be receiving a lifetime honor for songwriting. He will also be playing a full concert at the Ascend Amphitheater on the 14th. Graham Nash will be receiving the Spirit of Americana Free Speech in Music Award.

Also performing at the event will be one of my favorites....Mr. John Prine.