Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Watches. What's your newest acquisition

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH have you seen the watch that @RRP wears?
    Yes sir, it's gold and platinum  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ronw9471
    ronw9471 Posts: 112
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    ronw9471 said:
    Still wearing my stainless and gold Rolex Submariner that I've had for over 35 years. 
    Let's see that bad boy? I don't think I'll have this one that long but I couldn't walk away from the price. 
    OK, It'll take me a minute to figure out how to post an image on here but I'll do it sooner or later.
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I have a couple Citizens and a Seiko Auto. My dream watch is an Omega Speedmaster, only since it told time on the moon.
  • ronw9471
    ronw9471 Posts: 112
    Options
    It could use a cleaning and a little polishing. Last time I had it cleaned cost $650.00 by an authorized dealer, so it is not a frequent occurrence.
    Parrish, FL

My Photo Website: www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

XL Big Green Egg
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    @SGH have you seen the watch that @RRP wears?
    Huh? 
    Ol' Ron hasn't worn a watch even ONCE since I retired over 12 years ago! BTW that is just one of the terrific reasons to take early retirement if you can! Here's a hint...when the sun comes up it must be morning! And when it gets dark the sun must have gone down! Simple enough, huh? OH...and any time between sun rise and sunset is adult beverage time!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ironman Triathlon watch is my everyday.  If I'm gonna meet Ron @RRP or Scottie  @SGH I'll put on my Tiffany & Co piece.  Love my timex.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Brandongodfrey
    Options
    ronw9471 said:
    It could use a cleaning and a little polishing. Last time I had it cleaned cost $650.00 by an authorized dealer, so it is not a frequent occurrence.
    Mines due for a full service ..... should be included for life 
  • SGH
    Options
    All that I can afford.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    ronw9471 said:
    Nice!  That is the classic Rolex.  I was kind of interested in a nice piece after reading this thread, but after reading a cleaning costs $650, I lost interest.  I have no problem with the initial outlay, but holy cow that maintenance cost would chap my hide.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    OG beeatches!  #ridetillidie 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ronw9471 said:
    Nice!  That is the classic Rolex.  I was kind of interested in a nice piece after reading this thread, but after reading a cleaning costs $650, I lost interest.  I have no problem with the initial outlay, but holy cow that maintenance cost would chap my hide.
    I can't speak for other brands but a Rolex has a 5 year warranty, the watch wouldn't be due for a suggested inspection and maintenance for 10 years. Also the cost associated is based on the complications of the watch. A simple one, like the Milgauss would be a lot less than let's say a date and other complications. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    That's really funny.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Focker said:

Nothing fancy, but the latest is a classic.  The band is pretty much why I pulled the trigger on this impulse buy while getting a new battery for the work watch.

If it were not part of my working, mobile, floating "gear check", counting pulses and respirations for assessments, frequent vitals for chemo, Rituxan, blood, post procedures, at the bedside on any unit, or wherever if needed, I probably wouldn't wear one, or have many quite honestly.  

I have a 20 year old Swiss Army watch that gets deployed on special occasions.  2 other favorites were special achievement type gifts that will always hold a place.

Seiko is my favorite all around work and casual brand, currently at 5 models.  Not one single problem.  They have taken beatins.

A bright white Punisher watch comes out once in a blue moon at work with the black scrubs.

Dude - can you feel your fingers at all?  She looks a little snug.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Ebel 1911 BTR
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    Options
    I like watches. Right now I'm wearing this Seiko SKX on Maratac Zulu. It's a workhorse. 

Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Focker said:

Nothing fancy, but the latest is a classic.  The band is pretty much why I pulled the trigger on this impulse buy while getting a new battery for the work watch.

If it were not part of my working, mobile, floating "gear check", counting pulses and respirations for assessments, frequent vitals for chemo, Rituxan, blood, post procedures, at the bedside on any unit, or wherever if needed, I probably wouldn't wear one, or have many quite honestly.  

I have a 20 year old Swiss Army watch that gets deployed on special occasions.  2 other favorites were special achievement type gifts that will always hold a place.

Seiko is my favorite all around work and casual brand, currently at 5 models.  Not one single problem.  They have taken beatins.

A bright white Punisher watch comes out once in a blue moon at work with the black scrubs.

Dude - can you feel your fingers at all?  She looks a little snug.
    It's good, that's the way it lyes, and fits my tapering 9" wrist, Tissot nailed that butterfly band.  When the salesman showed me that while lying it down and how it collapsed on itself, on the glass.  Was a good selling point in flexibility and comfort.  He did that with a Rolley next to it, this felt better, and was much cheaper.  I get the whole Rolex status symbol cool factor thing, they are really nice watches no doubt.

Nothing worse than a loose band and constantly rotating a dangling watch.  One of the Seikos does it, bugs the crap out of me...needs a link removal.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Dinah_Moe_Humm
    Options
    I have a couple Citizens and a Seiko Auto. My dream watch is an Omega Speedmaster, only since it told time on the moon.
    My advise (if you don't mind).  Be careful buying a Speedster. They have always been very popular and there are many out there in various condition.  Parts are also available especially the 69' Cal 861, so anybody with a little skill can "create" one.  As with anything buy from a reputable dealer.
    D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Just picked a Rolex Milgauss Z-Blue. 
    Put the deposit down now just waiting for my income tax refund to pay the balance. Should have it in a few weeks. 

THAT is one beautiful timepiece!  Wow

Best thing about a Rolex is that itll hold value, appreciate and it always has a liquid market of ready buyers.  
  • hondabbq
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Just picked a Rolex Milgauss Z-Blue. 
    Put the deposit down now just waiting for my income tax refund to pay the balance. Should have it in a few weeks. 

THAT is one beautiful timepiece!  Wow

Best thing about a Rolex is that itll hold value, appreciate and it always has a liquid market of ready buyers.  
    I was looking at a used one but after the haggling down it was only $318 more to buy new. The used one was bought when it was released in 2014. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    camofreak said:
    I like watches. Right now I'm wearing this Seiko SKX on Maratac Zulu. It's a workhorse. 

Hard to beat a Seiko. They're so well made. The 4 o'clock crown is a surprisingly useful feature - it never digs into the back of the wrist. 

OP that milgauss is an awesome looking watch! The colors are awesome.  I love the second hand. Congrats!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    back when I was a working stiff in banking I loved and went thru two of these Lassale quartz watches. They were an upscale watch made by Seiko. Sadly they quit making them just when I wanted one more. Now they can't even be repaired, but I've already said I want it on my wrist when I'm buried whether it's working or not.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I have a few watches but the last one i purchased is a victorinox alpnach.  Self winding, massive diameter and i wear it to the office and to casual gatherings.  Itll go with anything..  Very reliable. Very thick and heavy substantive watch....
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I can see the attraction of a nice watch, but I haven't worn a watch for well over 30 years and am unlikely to start any time soon.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Beat to the punch.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    pics?
    Very very nice. I'm still beating around with a 20yr old Tag and a 6yr old Seamaster

The Tag has taken a beating over the years. I never took it off. 

• hondabbq
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    That is exactly it. It seems there have been several scoffs at this thread for what ever the reason.  Meanwhile those who scoff will go and buy something of significant value and in a few years it's worth half or less. Everyone has their vices, or once in a lifetime purchases and those that don't see a value in it turn up their noses at it. 
  • SGH
    Options
    A gift from my wife years ago. 

Status- Standing by.