Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby, It's COLD Outside!!!!

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options

@DoubleEgger It's not so bad. It's sunny out today! =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    @WeberWho I need to head up that way and do some ice fishing. I want to feel that kind of cold. 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    @WeberWho I need to head up that way and do some ice fishing. I want to feel that kind of cold. 
    @DoubleEgger This type of weather you want a permanent ice house. If you've never gone ice fishing it's something you got to try once. If you drive drive by Mille Lacs lake during the Ducks Unlimited fishing tournament you'll see what looks like little cities out on the lake. Ice houses everywhere. Even if people don't ice fish you can find a KCBS tournament out on the lake:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @DoubleEgger This type of weather you want a permanent ice house. If you've never gone ice fishing it's something you got to try once. If you drive drive by Mille Lacs lake during the Ducks Unlimited fishing tournament you'll see what looks like little cities out on the lake. Ice houses everywhere. Even if people don't ice fish you can find a KCBS tournament out on the lake:

You guys definitely know what you're doing up there, 3 bullets on the left.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

@Focker It looks like a fun time at the Fire and Ice competition. Ripmem and I were going to do it a few years ago but something fell through where we couldn't do it. I think it would be a blast! 

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    What's with the pop up shade?  Gets too hot in the sun?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

@Focker It looks like a fun time at the Fire and Ice competition. Ripmem and I were going to do it a few years ago but something fell through where we couldn't do it. I think it would be a blast! 
    I think mentioning "falling through" and "ice fishing" in the same breath isn't cool. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Saturday we may break a record for the high, then Sunday we may break a record for the low! I s**t you not. That's life in west Texas.
    What part of west Texas?  I'm in Midland and it's 18° here right now. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    I think mentioning "falling through" and "ice fishing" in the same breath isn't cool. 
    haha I was thinking the same  =)
    canuckland
  • Bentgrass
    Options
    Coldest I saw on the deck this morning was -15.8.  Warmed to -9.7 as of now !
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • Focker
    Options
    Bentgrass said:
    Coldest I saw on the deck this morning was -15.8.  Warmed to -9.7 as of now !
    Wishing you were at the Bears Pack game at Soldier Field.   =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

It would be a blast.  I've got the bullets.  All we need is an ice house and some Grain Belt, I'm due for a trip up there.  
    Rent a couple snowmobiles, Adam could ride b!tch. lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    85 hot and humid today.  Sucks!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I think it got down in the high30s last nite in our. area of phoenix.  Mid 60s today.  Still a bit nippy for me...
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Don't like the weather? Wait a bit...

Two days ago: 0 to 10 above, wind chills -10 to -20
    Yesterday: 6" snow
    Today: 50°, snow's gone.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Options
    We are in for a balmy 19 degrees, with snow on the way.
    I hear ya brother!  We're expecting snow tonight through tomorrow.   Storm total 7-10 inches.

How much have you got now? -12*C here right now and plummeting. Have about a foot and a half already and we'll get what you get the next day +lake effect
    I hear ya brother!  We're expecting snow tonight through tomorrow.   Storm total 7-10 inches.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

It would be a blast.  I've got the bullets.  All we need is an ice house and some Grain Belt, I'm due for a trip up there.  
    @Focker I have the Grain Belt but the ice house might be a little harder to come by. They might rent Adam an Artic Kitty Cat so he doesn't need to ride beyotch. =)

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:

@Focker I have the Grain Belt but the ice house might be a little harder to come by. They might rent Adam an Artic Kitty Cat so he doesn't need to ride beyotch. =)
    Lol, I would pay extra to see this. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Cold enough for a big bowl of Red.....Re ready in about an hour
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Cold enough for a big bowl of Red.....Re ready in about an hour
    I guess that means no beans?  Still sounds perfect.  In the low teens here  this morning, up to 32 right now....
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Yep,  no beans.  We do live in Austin, 1 large tomato was added to the Red.   (Lady Bird Johnson supposedly started that tradition).

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I thought my Red was the only Red that was Brown. Good to know. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Yep,  no beans.  We do live in Austin, 1 large tomato was added to the Red.   (Lady Bird Johnson supposedly started that tradition).

Help me out here Joan. Wearing Norma's glasses and they're a bit light for me, although the Gucci insignias on the corners look damned amazing on me, but I can't tell if that is ground meat, cut meat or a combination of the two. Since joining the forums I've been using a combination, never heard of that here. Still use beans though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Steven, I only had 93% lean course ground beef in the freezer, way too lean for a good bowl of Red, so I added bacon to the mix.  Bacon may become a permanent addition!.  
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    I thought my Red was the only Red that was Brown. Good to know. =)
    A good bowl of Red is always brown...That is how you know it is ready to eat ;)
  • WeberWho
    edited December 2016
    Options
    For being -27 this morning it didn't feel all that bad out. So I fired up the egg. Chili would have been way more fitting in this situation but I had to use up some chicken breast I've had marinading in the fridge the past few days. So my wife and I made a couple bbq chicken pizzas. After pizzas I smoked a pork tenderloin. The tenderloin will be cut up for some cuban stuffed pickles for my work potluck tomorrow. 

Pups first real snow dump this weekend

Minnesota
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Man, if I could ever convince my wife to move to the land of 10,000 lakes...
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Was 80 here in little rock yesterday. Its 25 now. Crazy ass weather. 

Little Rock, AR

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    It was 75 and humid yesterday afternoon and I just checked we are now at 38, crazy!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

How much have you got now? -12*C here right now and plummeting. Have about a foot and a half already and we'll get what you get the next day +lake effect
    Steve - we dodged a bullet and received less than 4 inches total.  That's less than 10 cm for you metric types.
    Flint, Michigan