Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Family portraits

Options
2»

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Whew, that is a solid collection of meat arsenal--Amen
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,990
    Options
    My Grills
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    How do you pick which one to use?
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    JMCXL said:
    How do you pick which one to use?
    Jumbo Joe, Green OTG, and now Booger, are the travelers.  All will go camping.  Same for the BS Tailgater griddle not in the pic.  Small egg gets used for special runs, holidays.  For a chunk of the summer, my small stayed parked in my Chevy in the garage with a Pelican.

Black OTG with rotisserie is chicken.

BS pizza.

Newer egg is the dedicated baker, no grease has been in it.

Greaser large is the griller, great in fall and winter.  A must have grill here in the Midwest.

The bullets are butt cookers, the 22 WSM is ribs as well.

KBQ is ribs, wings mostly so far.

The 18 WSM and Pro Q has been my cold smoker with hanging bacon.  

Most may laugh, haters gon hate..but there is a method to my madness, using the best tool for each job.  I retired my Swiss Army knife at 12.

Learning the intracacies of each makes better food, and more importantly, me look like a better cook in the long run. J/k of course.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    You got a good looking family man!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited September 2016
    Options
    blasting said:

Since there is a lot of weber in this thread, I'll leave this here.  Walmart has the weber master touch on clearance for $99.  Thats half price.

They do? My walmart doesn't even HAVE any webers. And the online price for the master touch is $199. 

@Carolina Q  I picked one up today at that price.  In my city - (phoenix) I would say 40% stores have none, 20% have them at full price, 20% have them at 149, and 20% have them at half price.

Check out this website - it's how I located the store where I got mine today, and it proved to be accurate.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=42432674

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

Since there is a lot of weber in this thread, I'll leave this here.  Walmart has the weber master touch on clearance for $99.  Thats half price.

They do? My walmart doesn't even HAVE any webers. And the online price for the master touch is $199. 

@Carolina Q  I picked one up today at that price.  In my city - (phoenix) I would say 40% stores have none, 20% have them at full price, 20% have them at 149, and 20% have them at half price.

Check out this website - it's how I located the store where I got mine today, and it proved to be accurate.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=42432674

Sweet deal bud.  A phenomenal grill for that price.
    Enjoy!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,856
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures. The wife will see these to realize I don't have a problem. 

This.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blasting
    Options

@Focker   Are you running a Slow 'N Seer in any of your kettles?

Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Options
    blasting said:

Nope, but seriously considered it before the 14 WSM.  I've had great results staggering rwo firebricks on their side for this.  You could put a foil water pan underneath the meat.  All for well under ten bucks.  The SNS would be an awesome accessory for your new grill, and worth the price of admission IMO. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• blasting
    Options
    Focker said:
    blasting said:

Nope, but seriously considered it before the 14 WSM.  I've had great results staggering rwo firebricks on their side for this.  You could put a foil water pan underneath the meat.  All for well under ten bucks.  The SNS would be an awesome accessory for your new grill, and worth the price of admission IMO. 

I've been doing the fire bricks and water pan as well, with good results.  I might give the S&S a try on the 26" kettle first and see how it goes.  As an accessory it's rated 5/5, that's pretty dang impressive, and making me anxious to give it a whirl.  
    Phoenix 
  • Focker
    edited September 2016
    Options
    blasting said:
    Focker said:
    blasting said:

I've been doing the fire bricks and water pan as well, with good results.  I might give the S&S a try on the 26" kettle first and see how it goes.  As an accessory it's rated 5/5, that's pretty dang impressive, and making me anxious to give it a whirl.  
    Go for it!  If you  get one for the 22, opt for the plus.  The grid base would be worth it. And it would make cleanup easy by shaking or stirring the ash to fall through, saving the leftover briqs/lump.  Dump new on top, and you're off.  

Also, I have the Weber charcoal baskets for all my kettles, even one for the Jumbo Joe.  They were like $17 a pair.  Gifted the other to another Jumbo Joe as a modded gift package.  Definitely worth the price, and nice to have around. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Very cool!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe