Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Catching Up

Options
Works been crazy lately. Finally catching up with some posts. Just wanted to share some recent cooks. Hope you enjoy-

Grill Grate seared cod, browned butter caper sauce. 

Sesame crusted ahi tuna steaks, wasabi avocado puree, ponzu carrot salad.

The tuna was seasoned with S&P, dipped in a mix of black and white sesame seeds, then seared in cast iron on the grill. I blended avocado, evoo, wasabi powder, the juice of half a lime and a pinch of salt. Once smooth, I ran it through a sieve to ensure it was smooth. The carrots marinated in ponzu sauce for approx 30 minutes. 

Seafood paella. 

Chicken thigh, andouille, shrimp & mussels. 

Pizza

Chile lime blue cheese base, mozzarella cheese, shrimp & spicy andouille sausage. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Eggtoberfest! 

Comments

• jeponline
    Options
    Looks like some great cooks
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • tikigriller
    Options
    I'm not posting pics anymore. Those all look like they are straight out of a cookbook!!!  Wow...amazing cooks and awesome photography!!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    It is obvious I need a new camera and maybe some better cooking skills....Nice work Craig.  ;)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Solid as always Craig. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    It is obvious I need a new camera and maybe some better cooking skills....Nice work Craig.  ;)
    Just a Samsung Note 5 phone camera.   ;)     See you soon buddy!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Good looking Food Pr0N Craig. The Ahi is spot on man. Won't be at the Fest. Enjoy it. 
    And just a poke...Why are you seasoning CI with Lady Speed Stick now? :smiley:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Good looking Food Pr0N Craig. The Ahi is spot on man. Won't be at the Fest. Enjoy it. 
    And just a poke...Why are you seasoning CI with Lady Speed Stick now? :smiley:

Hate that you can't make it. And YES, that stuff works phenomenal! 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Better than my Grandma's Crisco old skool method?  Blasphemy!
    I thought about trying it but, was reluctant. I know it's a proprietary list of ingredients including beeswax and a mix of oils. But how does it stand up to high heat? The beeswax has been debunked in the past. Especially when talking about high heat. What are your results using the product? And please don't direct me to your website :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • EggMcMic
    Options
    How do I get reservations at this restaurant? Beautiful presentation!
    EggMcMcc
    Central Illinois
    First L BGE July 2016, RecTec, Traeger, Weber, Campchef
    Second BGE, a MMX, February 2017
    Third BGE, another large, May, 2017
    Added another griddle (BassPro) December 2017
  • fljoemon
    Options
    Awesome cook Craig .. see you at the Fest :-)
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Better than my Grandma's Crisco old skool method?  Blasphemy!
    I thought about trying it but, was reluctant. I know it's a proprietary list of ingredients including beeswax and a mix of oils. But how does it stand up to high heat? The beeswax has been debunked in the past. Especially when talking about high heat. What are your results using the product? And please don't direct me to your website :smiley:
    I consult my good buddy Jeff Rogers, The Culinary Fanatic, on all things cast iron. I don't get into testing seasoning methods bc if it's out there, he's done it and can chime in on it. Jeff used to be a Crisco guy, but has recently switched to the stick. He seems to think that it works better. I just follow his lead and have had good results so far. 
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options
    Good Job Craig.  My favorites are the pizza and the paella.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Didn't know he did a product test. Maybe I'll try it when I do some CI maintenance. Did you have to completely reseason or just use as you would for normal maintenance?
    Sorry for the hijack. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Please take your camera out of focus so us regular folk can recognize the cooks
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Didn't know he did a product test. Maybe I'll try it when I do some CI maintenance. Did you have to completely reseason or just use as you would for normal maintenance?
    Sorry for the hijack. 
    I just did mine over top of the existing seasoning during normal maintenance. Jeff gets all crazy with his e-tank and tank it down to nothing. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    Awesome cook Craig .. see you at the Fest :-)
    Awesome! Hey- congrats on winning the tickets too! Make sure you come by our tents. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful as always Craig.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Dang!!! I'm hungry now...
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    You gonna win Eggtoberfest again Craig?
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Lit said:
    You gonna win Eggtoberfest again Craig?
    We are cooking, but just trying not to kill ourselves this year. Just looking to have fun this year. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Looks great!  Have fun at eggtoberfest!  
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Could you please elaborate on the CI seasoning method you and Husker are referring to?  Thanks for enlightening me.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Could you please elaborate on the CI seasoning method you and Husker are referring to?  Thanks for enlightening me.
    It's called Crisbee Puck.  Check the link to their site. It comes in a large puck or a deodorant stick like container. I personally like the ease of the stick.  
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Thanks!!  I've always been a Crisco man but may need to give this a shot.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    @GATraveller  No problem. Hope you like it. 

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    Thanks!!  I've always been a Crisco man but may need to give this a shot.

Craig mentioned Jeff Rogers and his methods for cast iron.  Google "The Culinary Fanatic" and you will see his methods.  He is a good old GA guy from here in the Atlanta Area/Dunwoody region.  Great guy.  Has some KILLER cast iron pieces both old and new.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Those are some great looking meals!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• NPHuskerFL
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig Wait. There's a winner at EggtoberFest? @Lit :confounded:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    @Big_Green_Craig, if I still lived in GA I'd love to come to one of your events either there or in the store, but for now your pics will be next week's meal inspiration. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM