Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Announcement: The 3rd Annual Brisket Camp is October 22, 2016

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I wasn't in the navy, but I was shipwrecked on Horn Island once after a storm (boat sank but we got it back after the wind changed and after removing 500 pounds of sand) and in Honey Island Swamp after engine fell off.  Slept in pile of mud and leaves with nothing but a case of Natural Light.  That was 25 years ago.
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Submarines once, submarines twice...  ;)
    . . . .Holy Jumping Jesus Christ. . .  . 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @CTMike -  for the sake of forum decorum I will leave it right there  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    What's long and hard and full of seamen???...

A submarine!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    CTMike said:
    lousubcap said:
    I googled it  :o
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    CTMike said:
    lousubcap said:
    I googled it  :o
    Me too. Good call cap!
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @CTMike -  for the sake of forum decorum I will leave it right there  ;)
    That's why I stopped where I did.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    Options

I just googled it too, and tailhook has nothing on y'all.  Buffalo would've depth charged this right off the net (and @nolaegghead would have to start his thread all over again).   

Go Army, Beat Navy

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy,

I hope you are bringing the grocery cart. I am taking delivery of my SF in March and I'm hoping to learn some tips and tricks from you so that I can be ahead of the game when it is finally done.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @thetrim -  you do realize that the current string is 14-0 Navy.  We can save that exercise til December.  Apologies for the hi-jack.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    To get this thread somewhat back on track I just checked the Shirley Fabrication site:  Better not be in a hurry... You guys run in a different orbit for sure.  Most eggcellent.
    "Due to overwhelming popularity, we are now accepting deposits for September 2017 delivery"

• CTMike
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    To get this thread somewhat back on track I just checked the Shirley Fabrication site:  Better not be in a hurry... You guys run in a different orbit for sure.  Most eggcellent.
    "Due to overwhelming popularity, we are now accepting deposits for September 2017 delivery"

Yup, when I placed my order in June it was a 9-month wait, now 12 months. Glad I sent in my deposit when I did.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @thetrim -  you do realize that the current string is 14-0 Navy.  We can save that exercise til December.  Apologies for the hi-jack.
    Screw you and YES of course I do.  My 14 year son had not been alive long enough to see Army win.  To make matters worse, his Math's teacher's son is now the starting QB for Navy, and she never let's us forget it.  Unfortunately, Army had a starting CB pass away in a car accident this weekend as well.  There's never a bad time to say, Go Army, Beat Navy!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Janell and I are officially in. I'm all
    over that boat ride too. I can be  first
    mate. Lakewade and I had a 36 ft Mainship cruiser for 14 years. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Since Gilligan is in, I am really looking forward to that 3 hour tour.
  • CTMike
    Options
    I'm hoping that there is time for another boat trip Friday night. After spending 20 years on submarines prowling under the worlds oceans, I jump at every chance I get to spend time on top of the water. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @CTMike - surface running around the Hawaiian Islands is a thing of true beauty.  
    But hosing the loyal opposition is taking it to a whole 'nother level.  
    Another thread hi-jack apology. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Have you told Nola that you need to borrow his shop for 6 minutes to settle
    our football bet from today? 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Have you told Nola that you need to borrow his shop for 6 minutes to settle
    our football bet from today? 
    Second and third rules of the man-bear-cave (half man, half bear, half cave) is that no one talks about the first rule, which is to explicitly protect the general public about things like these 6 minutes, which, if they existed, I would decry plausible deniability.
    Options
    Awesome sauce.  You will be captain, I'm getting the keys and a lesson on how to pilot this monster, but since you have experience, I'd rather be a drunken sailor.

Warning:  we were boarded by the coast guard last time this (cruise) happened.  On the up side, we somehow were declared compliant with all maritime laws and safety regulations and the brisket camp lawyers were not required to intervene.  The guard obviously has lowered its standards in lake Pontchartrain.

edited September 2016
    Options
    Awesome sauce.  You will be captain, I'm getting the keys and a lesson on how to pilot this monster, but since you have experience, I'd rather be a drunken sailor.

Warning:  we were boarded by the coast guard last time this (cruise) happened.  On the up side, we somehow were declared compliant with all maritime laws and safety regulations and the brisket camp lawyers were not required to intervene.  The guard obviously has lowered its standards in lake Pontchartrain.

I can pilot/anchor/dock it no problem. Just pay attention to how all the systems work so you can help me out there. Ours was not diesel so not sure if any special handling is required there.

I'll make sure we are compliant and I'll stay sober for the ride. If the lake 5-0 are anything like they are around here, we don't need to be messing around with BUI. Lake cops are part of the reason we sold our boat. We just stopped using it because we got harassed so much. I had to do the full stupid human tricks (administered by a 25 year old who wanted nothing more that to take me to jail) in front of my kids, niece and nephew. Fortunately I had nothing to drink at all but that didn't stop them from "smelling alcohol on my breath". Pretty keen nose considering he was 10 feet away and I had 2 running motors plus they had 3 police boats tied up to me all with all with 2 running motors. They boarded us for "safety check" (the catch all harassment tool for lake POPO).  I finally had to kick them off my boat. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I was able to attend the Army-Navy game a few years back when it was held in DC. My company had a drawing for veterans to attend the game in the companies luxury suite - open bar, fully catered, - was a great time.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Miraculously, the current incarnation of a Big Green Egghead group SMS thread I'm on are likely all coming to Brisket Camp III.  I'm excited about that. 

This includes @Henapple, @JohninCarolina, @Eggcelcior, @Hapster, @Travisstrick and @DMW

Options
     :o 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Miraculously, the current incarnation of a Big Green Egghead group SMS thread I'm on are likely all coming to Brisket Camp III.  I'm excited about that. 

This includes @Henapple, @JohninCarolina, @Eggcelcior, @Hapster, @Travisstrick and @DMW

The real question is what percentage are able to return home...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Bump.  Word on the street is that we will have some excellent meat to grill at this event, courtesy of the good folks at SRF.   B)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SRF is our sponsor!!  Shane is hooking us up!
    Options
    SRF is our sponsor!!  Shane is hooking us up!
    That is mighty fine of Shane and SRF's. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CTMike
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Very cool of @Shane and SRF to do this. One thing I am looking to learn at brisket camp is how to trim them better prior to cooking. I always feel like I butcher them and make a mess. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.