Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Announcement: The 3rd Annual Brisket Camp is October 22, 2016

Options

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I am looking at getting in to NO at 10:30 AM Friday, and flying out at 4 PM Sunday. Would love to stay longer but I have to work nights starting Monday night. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @CTMike Awesome!  We have a great group of folks here and a great legal staff to sort out any problems.  Knock on wood, last two events went without a hitch, except for Randy (the gumbo guy) smashing my truck door.... 
    Options
    Actually, that reminds me, I talked to Randy and he'll be there.  He'll be making a giant batch of gumbo.
    Options
    If I am able to make it, what do I need to bring besides my old, ugly arse?
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @CTMike Awesome!  We have a great group of folks here and a great legal staff to sort out any problems.  Knock on wood, last two events went without a hitch, except for Randy (the gumbo guy) smashing my truck door.... 
    In Randy's defense, he said he honked at your truck, but it wouldn't move.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    @nolaegghead

I wish I could come down and spend some time.....but it appears that the folks you roll with would give me a run if I were still in my 20's..

I have enjoyed reading the post, and would love to see pictures from this years event... 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Cameras could be an issue.  Although some pictures have made it out before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDqmPbcLDnI

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Managed to get flights by using points on Delta.  I'll get in Friday morning, return Sunday afternoon, assuming I'm still alive.
    If you haven't outed a Clinton lately, you should be fine. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Managed to get flights by using points on Delta.  I'll get in Friday morning, return Sunday afternoon, assuming I'm still alive.
    If you haven't outed a Clinton lately, you should be fine. 
    Let's keep the politics to threads that will eventually be buffaloed.  Brisket Camp is about good food and adult beverages.  Everyone has a blast, no need to rain on the parade.
  • CTMike
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So I am booking my plane ticket and hotel tomorrow. @nolaegghead Any feedback on the Courtyard Westbank New Orleans in Gretna? Seems to be pretty near the Algiers Point arena that you mentioned, and the rate is decent. 

Also, how much do I need to plan on kicking in for food? I will bring a bottle or two of Woodford Double Oaked to donate to the adult beverage locker. 

The wife is just looking to set a budget so I could use some input. 

Thanks,

Mike

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I was hoping to attend this year. I host a party (First Fire) of the fall and have already made commitments with musician and such. I will make it next year.....if it kills me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    PSA 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @CTMike That's super close, totally cool.  We have some well-off benefactors, just contribute what you can.  Hunnert bucks is cool.  Alot of this depends on the band.  I am trying to sucker some local musicians to play for food.

Also, I confirmed tonight that I will get the keys to a 37 foot sort-of luxury trawler that we can take out and get boarded by the coast guard on lake Pontchartrain.  Thursday night is a given.  Maybe, if we can get our sh!t together, or just don't give a sh!t, we can do a Friday run too.  Anyway, I'm taking most of the preceding week off to get as much done as possible so we can wing it near Sat.
    I'll be there! Whoohoo!
  • CTMike
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @CTMike That's super close, totally cool.  We have some well-off benefactors, just contribute what you can.  Hunnert bucks is cool.  Alot of this depends on the band.  I am trying to sucker some local musicians to play for food.

Also, I confirmed tonight that I will get the keys to a 37 foot sort-of luxury trawler that we can take out and get boarded by the coast guard on lake Pontchartrain.  Thursday night is a given.  Maybe, if we can get our sh!t together, or just don't give a sh!t, we can do a Friday run too.  Anyway, I'm taking most of the preceding week off to get as much done as possible so we can wing it near Sat.
    Thanks for the info. I take it a rental car isn't really necessary? Plan on Uber to get around. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Once again I am jealous of all you folks. Looks like a good time. Maybe next year I will convince SWMBO that this could be our vacation. We have never been to NOLA, I'm sure it would be a blast!

Ya'll have fun!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • nolabrew
    Options
    Hotel shmotel.  Just drink until you don't care that you're passed out in a parking lot on the Westbank.  That's what locals do. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    Hotel shmotel.  Just drink until you don't care that you're passed out in a parking lot on the Westbank.  That's what locals do. 
    Knowing my luck, I would get arrested for public intoxication, which would cause major issues at work due to security clearance. Not worth the risk. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    You don't need a rental car. 

We'll have people shuttling people around and uber is usually at your location in under 5 minutes.

Also I have a truck that people can use to get stuff for the event.  If you're sober and brave enough, I have some motorcycles and bicycles.   Well, I have lower standards if you want to take a bicycle.   You can walk to the ferry and jump between the French Quarter and my neighborhood.
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I do have a motorcycle endorsement, but sadly I sold my Heritage after some woman tried to run me into a guard rail while she was texting on her phone.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    Well I guess it's official. Flight is booked and hotel is reserved. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you degenerates (like me).  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @ctmike bring plenty of singles for the ferry. Seriously. It's quick and convenient, but exact change, cash only. $2 (unless that changed since last year). Found myself making change a lot. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @johnmitchell oh, you'll learn something alright. More than you care to know. 
    like where your prostate is. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Thats awesome.. I have read that the stimulation of the prostrate can be pleasurable.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Thats awesome.. I have read that the stimulation of the prostrate can be pleasurable.. 
    It all depends on who is doing the stimulatin'

• CTMike
    Options
    You guys sure you didn't spend a bunch of time on subs like I did? Y'all talk like a bunch of bubbleheads. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    CTMike said:
    You guys sure you didn't spend a bunch of time on subs like I did? Y'all talk like a bunch of bubbleheads. 
    I can only speak for myself here and that is negatory. 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    It all depends on who is doing the stimulatin'

Here I will bow to your superior knowledge... =)
  • johnmitchell
    Options

CTMike said:
    I can only speak for myself here and that is negatory. 
    Negative.. I was in the Navy but not a submariner...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Submarines once, submarines twice...  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.