Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Activity Bands/Watches

Options
2»

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

@Darby_Crenshaw   ha!  been a long time since i've seen that movie.  watches are a deep, dark rabbit hole for sure.  fun to window shop.

@fence0407 very cool. i'm afraid the band would laugh at me if it tracked a round.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    SGH said:
    Very cool. I could google, but would rather hear your story. What is the 30th degree knight kadosh mean?
    The Scottish Rites are a apendant body of Freemasonry consisting of 33 degrees. A order of rank if you will. With 33 being the highest. To take the Scottish or York rites for that matter, you must be a Mastor Mason. Each degree has a name. The 30th is called Knight Kadosh. 

Ah! Thought maybe it was freemasonry but didn't aee any obvious symbols (obvious to me, i mean, like a square, etc.). 

Very cool. My uncle was a free mason. When he passed they performed a rite over him at the wake. 

Congrats!
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    To stay on track. 

I have the standard iphone app that tracks activity. I work from home. My commute is two floors. One time i checked my app it it said something pathetic like "13 steps". 

Not possible, but not far off!
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We have 1 kid already so we always use an activity band.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    blind99 said:

@Darby_Crenshaw   ha!  been a long time since i've seen that movie.  watches are a deep, dark rabbit hole for sure.  fun to window shop.

@fence0407 very cool. i'm afraid the band would laugh at me if it tracked a round.
    Believe me..it was laughing from the first tee with me!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    I had a fitbit but found it wasnt nice to wear with dress shirts. I ended up getting an apple watch since 1200 was covered through my benefits plan. I have plans to build myself a BBQ app and add features for the watch.
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • fence0407
    Options
    Jawbone Up2 on my wrist right now. I just like the general steps and sleep function. I use the timer to tell my butt to go to bed and that lunch is over so I have to get back to clinic. 

I like ive that it has no display to distract me. Time really does not matter to me too much, so I could care less of the exact time. 

My my wife has the Garmin VivoFit. She likes it, but will upgrade to a better something soon. She also used a Garmin running watch for her 5k, 10k, and half marathons. Will update that soon as well to get heart rate monitoring during runs. Trying to work on her VO2 efficiency. 
    Very cool thanks for sharing. Mine will calculate VO2 efficiency after 5 bike or runs. I only have 3 so far so I don't know how it works. I read to get a true reading for VO2 you need to go somewhere and do an actual test on a treadmill. Oh well...not paying for that. 
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Options
    matoch said:
    I had a fitbit but found it wasnt nice to wear with dress shirts. I ended up getting an apple watch since 1200 was covered through my benefits plan. I have plans to build myself a BBQ app and add features for the watch.
    I've heard some friends say they get insurance discounts through work by walking etc and it automatically gets the data from whichever particular watch/band they're wearing. 
    Cumming, GA  

• Parkersquared
    Options
    I have a Fitbit one and wear an apple watch. Usually the Fitbit records more steps than the apple watch. 
    Wiggins, MS
  • matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    matoch said:
    I've heard some friends say they get insurance discounts through work by walking etc and it automatically gets the data from whichever particular watch/band they're wearing. 
    Thats pretty cool. I have a fund that i can either allocate to massages or to a personal spending allowance. The PSA can be used for a wide variety of things but I usually spend it on technology.
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Very cool. My uncle was a free mason. When he passed they performed a rite over him at the wake. 

Congrats!
    Your uncle earned and deserved that rite my friend. I'm glad to hear that it was given. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I picked up a Pebble Time at Goodwill for $80. I take it off during meetings and put on my dress watch because I get too distracted. Hey, squirrel!! 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Which one do you use? What made you pick it?

Just picked up the Microsoft Band 2 at Best Buy for $175. Got it mainly for golfing and running. Like it so far!

What games does that come with? Is that track and field?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Lit said:
    fence0407 said:
    Which one do you use? What made you pick it?

Just picked up the Microsoft Band 2 at Best Buy for $175. Got it mainly for golfing and running. Like it so far!

What games does that come with? Is that track and field?
    Looks like the 2016 Olympics game.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I used to own a masonic temple (no longer that now), where Buddy Bolden played back in the day before recording technology.  We reach 98 degrees with 90% humidity at times in the summer.  If that counts for pissing matches. 

This is my old house on a commemorative US postal service envelope.

edited March 2016
    Options
    PS - I am several thousand years old, actually don't remember, might be much older.  Fun playing on these human forums.  It was so boring for eternity before transistors (AKA "interwebs").  And immortal (super bummer, really).  Don't let me sign you up for that deal.  Just letting my buddies get the skinny on them deals. (father would be pissed)
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw - Your shiny object is appealing.  You best keep it abreast lest it arrest.
    Options
    I used to own a masonic temple (no longer that now), where Buddy Bolden played back in the day before recording technology.  We reach 98 degrees with 90% humidity at times in the summer.  If that counts for pissing matches. 

This is my old house on a commemorative US postal service envelope.

This is very cool!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    EHM ankle bracelet, works like a charm but i dont recommend it =)
    :lol: 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Fitbit Charge HR. I think it's pretty accurate. Doesn't burn my wrist or cause a rash like a former Fitbit model did to a bunch of folks before I sent mine back and got a refund. 

I record all exercise thru an app called My Fitness Pal, which has every form of exercise imagine able programmed. MFP syncs with Fitbit and they work together adjusts calories and steps based on the time and intensity of your activity.  Very cool. And when I'm highly motivated, I record all food and drink thru My Fitness Pal as well. You can scan a bar code on any packaged food and it shows up in the MFP database -- you just add portion size and your calorie count is recorded. It's unreal. It can be quite gratifying (or, more typically, depressing) to try to stay at a daily calorie count you set to reach a weight loss goal.

Anyway, the combo of Fitbit + My Fitness Pal + iPhone (which auto syncs) is very, very powerful. Even if FB is maybe a little inaccurate. Recommend it very highly. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • blind99
    Options
    @nolaegghead have you read American Gods? You may be in it. 
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @nolaegghead have you read American Gods? You may be in it. 
    Haha, I'm re-reading American Gods right now for maybe the third or fourth time. I never really forget how good it is, but then I'm always surprised at just how good it is...

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • blind99
    Options
    @black_badger I stumbled onto it accidentally.  I never know what to read, so if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.  
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    Very cool thanks for sharing. Mine will calculate VO2 efficiency after 5 bike or runs. I only have 3 so far so I don't know how it works. I read to get a true reading for VO2 you need to go somewhere and do an actual test on a treadmill. Oh well...not paying for that. 
    You are describing my undergraduate years on the Human Performance Lab in college. If you really want to get tested, and for cheap, check with local universities. They are always looking for test subjects in those departments!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!