Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Blast Website, Registration

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am really looking forward to this event. I can't wait to meet those that given me instructions on how and what to cook and good natured chit, and all of those I have stolen recipes from to impress others. My Beautiful Wife will be traveling to this event.
    WARNING: Her wit is as brutal as it is sharp. Be prepared for the possibility of being bludgeoned and sliced. Chick's got skills. She is a lot of fun. Really.

I'm looking forward to it as well.  My wife and two year old little girl will be around too.  My wife is very reserved and relies on me to stick my foot in my mouth.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Mattie, we all (sic) expect you to stick your foot in your mouth brother!  I look forward to to meeting you and your family.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am really looking forward to this event. I can't wait to meet those that given me instructions on how and what to cook and good natured chit, and all of those I have stolen recipes from to impress others. My Beautiful Wife will be traveling to this event.
    WARNING: Her wit is as brutal as it is sharp. Be prepared for the possibility of being bludgeoned and sliced. Chick's got skills. She is a lot of fun. Really.

I'm looking forward to it as well.  My wife and two year old little girl will be around too.  My wife is very reserved and relies on me to stick my foot in my mouth.  
    I will watch out for you. You will be the dude with the size 12 Carolina blue Nike high tops in your mouth? I'll be the old guy getting slapped up side head by my beautiful wife. I will be easy to spot.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I'm very excited. This will be a great chance to really exercise the Shirley. I plan to have the fryer, a boiler, the griddle, grilling section and smoker all going at once. Just need to figure out what recipes are going where!
    I'll bring a match.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Done!  I registered as a taster but given that I'm bringing oysters I might qualify as a cook. 
    oops, I hit 'disagree' by accident, scrolled down on tablet and finger hit it.  Sorry!    

Edit - Was able to change it to 'agree'  - going back to computer now.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Trying to make this happen. 

PS-- can we get a daily countdown like Salado
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    I think @20stone was concerned there would not be ample smoker space for his meat. I think given @Thatgrimguy is towing in his Shirley trailer and I'm bringing a PR-72T, we don't have to worry about that.

I think the bigger question is where are we going to get enough hungry mouths to feed?
    Current count is 28.  That breaks down as 22 tasters, 6 bringing cookers, 1 chef, and 1 dirty focking hippie.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Trying to make this happen. 

PS-- can we get a daily countdown like Salado
    We're 94 days out!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @DMW are you renting that PR-72T?  
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I went to the @henapple Tennessee Shindig last year and had a great time!  I met some fantastic eggheads who put my sad vittles to shame!  I was playing with the idea of going to this party so I can meet some you.  We like a good road trip, but I forgot we have a wedding in the family in late April near Chicago.  

Flint, Michigan
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy - No, me and one of my friends went in on one together.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    DMW said:
    NICE!!  Do you already have it?  Those are great cookers. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    NICE!!  Do you already have it?  Those are great cookers. 
    It's at his place, he has room to store it. Hasn't been fired yet. He is going to season it sometime before Thursday. If I'm around, I'll head over and take pics for the christening. He is cooking ribs and pulled pork Thursday for a lunch at his church for 40-50. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Friday night bump!
  • YukonRon
    Options
     FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAYYYYYY!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I'm like 95%, waiting to see what baseball brings. Ok. 99%
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm like 95%, waiting to see what baseball brings. Ok. 99%

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Snowpocalypse bump  
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    The struggle is/was real...

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We probably not got 2 inches of snow here, but the roads are terrible.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    We are 55 degrees here in Okeechobee FL, bright sunny skies with winds from the North (go figure) with gust to 40 +. Forecast low is 34 the worst is that we have no snow shovels, bread, milk or eggs! Sure hope all of our northern Egger friends weather the storm well.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• DMW
    Options

Fire pit is buried, looking forward to NC in April.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    It's hit here very hard. Killed my elephant ears. I'm DEVESTATED!
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    It's hit here very hard. Killed my elephant ears. I'm DEVESTATED!
    I don't know Grim, but here in western NC there is about 8-10 in of snow and colder than my mother in law's heart!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Monday bump!  

I think we've got most of you crackpots registered actually.  We're at 33 for the Blast, including one hippie.  
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My cousin is coming and trying to bring some of her friends.  Hopefully she can muster up some eaters to come with her. She lives in Gastonia.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My cousin is coming and trying to bring some of her friends.  Hopefully she can muster up some eaters to come with her. She lives in Gastonia.
    Cousins are always welcome in Carolina!  Heck, half the folks are married to em!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Cousins are always welcome in Carolina!  Heck, half the folks are married to em!
    Cousins, the gene pool gets a little more shallow..........

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Wow 33 people and 333 huge smokers and 3 Mini Max Eggs 500 pounds of meat!!!!! and NO Alcohol!!!!!!!!!! Going to be one HELL of a great time. :)

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Oh and 1 petting Zoo!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer