Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the forum - 1st post

Options
I've been on and off of this site for years. In May I got a LBGE and joined the forum. While I haven't posted I've  been lurking, learning new things every day and cooking when I can. Mostly weekends. The wealth of knowledge that is shared on a regular basis amazes me. I just recently received a new gasket from @RRPThanks Ron. Plan on installing this weekend. 

Did a low and slow Pork Butt with Pork Burnt Ends. Cooked at 300ish for 8 hours. Three on some stuffed peppers at the end. Came out great and the burnt ends were a hit. Didn't want to crisp the gasket on my first cook. Used a lot of the tips from the forum to control temp and have it dialed in now.

Pizza was second, can't go wrong with this. Half regular cheese with the other half fresh mozzarella. Put fresh Italian sausage and pepperoni to keep everyone happy. Can't understand why it took me so long to get a BGE. Put it off too long! 

Cooked some salmon, asparagus, chicken breasts and an onion. Came out great. Salmon had bourbon, maple syrup and butter as a sauce. Was amazing!  

It all goes done better with some brown water!  

Looking forward to sharing more cooks and gaining more ideas, tips and tricks to some outstanding cooks. You know it's good when the entire family says "so what are you going to cook on the egg this weekend?"

Glad to be part of this finally!
=) 
Fort Worth, TX      
LG Big Green Egg, Weber Genesis Gasser, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Jumbo Joe

Flame Boss 300, Orange Thermapen (because Orange is the fastest)

Comments