Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone cut the Cable?

Options
124»

Comments

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Sling looks interesting. Anyone use it?
    Slingbox or Sling TV?
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Here in GA Comcast/Xfninity has the bandwidth usage limit of 300 GB. Even though we still have cable we usually hit the limit every month and have to pay extra. I think it is $10 for each 50 GB. It sucks but I don't have any other options for internet except for slow DSL.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Sling looks interesting. Anyone use it?
    @grege345   I have sling tv.  I got it specifically for the cooking shows.  They are always on when I'm doing something around the house.  As far as the rest of tv and movies - I download.  

Phoenix 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Here in GA Comcast/Xfninity has the bandwidth usage limit of 300 GB. Even though we still have cable we usually hit the limit every month and have to pay extra. I think it is $10 for each 50 GB. It sucks but I don't have any other options for internet except for slow DSL.
    How slow is your DSL offering? Many streaming providers max out at sending data at speeds well below the max speeds offered by ISPs. You may want to take a peek at your router's traffic manager to see how fast the streaming provider you use is sending data. You may be surprised at how slow it is and how rarely you use the top speed you are paying for. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    You guys are killing me. As I type this at my office I am getting a download speed of 2.80Mbps. Yeah that is right 2.80Mbs. Lightning it ain't. 

In the little town my office is in this is the best we can get. AT&T is so good to us. 

At home the highest plan I can buy is 18Mbps download. This is U-Verse through AT&T I got it about 6 months because before that all I could get was DSL at 6Mbps download. 

13 to 14Mbps is the highest I can connect even though it says 18. 

To say I am envious of some of you is an understatement! 
    Hah! My U-verse is just now delivering about .5Mbs/sec. That's for a temporary discount of $57/mo. Nominally, I should be getting about 3X that, but it never happens.

Until about 9 months ago, there was nothing but DSL. That gave me .3 Mbs.

And I used to work where my desktop got close to 3 Gbs/sec.

Guess that's just the magic of the market.

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Anyone tried the new streaming TV service called Playstation VUE ???   I just started a 7 day free trial using my PS4 to see what it is all about . . . do not see EPSN but the a la carte options look nice.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    After 15 years with DiretTV I dropped them for an Android Element and a apple TV.  I'm still trying to figure out all the basics about it but I like it so far but the live TV works well for the Element. 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    We cut the cord a little more than a month ago. Tired of the escalating bills and the fact. most of the time, we watch network TV. We subscribe to Netflix and have been pretty happy. I know we will miss some sporting events but they are not worth the high price.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Quick Update . . . in jan. we dropped directv for Playstation VUE & HD antenna. 

we use the core slim package ($35 month) then netflix/amazon-prime/hbo-go and other things through chromecast . . . all we need and cost savings around $80 month.  Could not be more happy with the decision.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”