Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freddie Got a Yeti & a Load of Crap.

Options
I bought the 30 and took some heat from Wilma.  PAY ATTENTION FELLAS!  This is how I did it.
Wilma: "Forty dollars???  For a cup??? Why would you buy that???"
Me: "Because it's the best."
Wilma: "I'll bet it is!!  It seems like a waste to me.  What's so good about it??"
Me: "You know when you're drinking a beer and you get about 2/3 of the way and it starts to get warm?"  (Wilma is a teatotaller).
No response means Freddie got a Yeti!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Congratulations on the new Yeti. Pic??

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    When we get home because it's still in the trunk.  We're still getting my Mom settled at home.  I'm bored watching Star Trek TNG reruns so I posted.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    No response means Freddie is sleeping on the sofa tonight ... at least that's the way it was with my dad, when I was growing up.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    No response means Freddie is sleeping on the sofa tonight ... at least that's the way it was with my dad, when I was growing up.
    Nah.  I'm the king of my castle.  Hee hee
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    That should hold your ice all the way to Niagara!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    That's what we all say. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    That sounds like a smidgen of crap.  I got a load of crap today when a friend of mine brought over a freshly killed whole wild pig...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2015
    Options

You're ruining it for me.  As a devout bachelor, I rather enjoy the usual comments about "convincing" the Mrs.

That reminds me, what's my reason for not having a Yeti tumbler...?

Phoenix 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That sounds like a smidgen of crap.  I got a load of crap today when a friend of mine brought over a freshly killed whole wild pig...
    Isn't it funny?  That would make my bride happy!

Also "Freddie Got a Yeti & a Smidgen of Crap." Is not a catchy title.
    Flint, Michigan
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    I didn't catch any flak when I got mine as I bought one for her also.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    My bride likes her meat to not seem like it was once part of a live animal. It's contradictory to be sure, but overall she's a good gal who has stood by me for 21+ years so I can't complain.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    10 years for me.  Wilma asks that I don't serve her anything with a face.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Sadly, we have a couple of family emergencies so we are spending time visiting hospitals.  We just brought my Mom home yesterday from the hospital.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Sadly, we have a couple of family emergencies so we are spending time visiting hospitals.  We just brought my Mom home yesterday from the hospital.
    Sorry to hear that Bob! Maybe our paths will cross next summer.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I'm not the king of my wife's castle.

Although, she sent me to get 2 coolster yetis and has told me to get a 50 or a soft side, so I don't complain.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You better give that thing to the teatotaller.....and get  yourself one after she warns up to it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Obviously, Wilma doesn't read the forum. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    I'm a fan of the one transaction removed for questionable buys...Gotta admit I don't get blow-back for much but every so often I can sense that an intermediary is the best course of action.  Buy it, hand off to a trusted emissary  with the understanding that it will find its true home in a short while.  Saves a bit of the up-front blast but I'm always found "guilty".  All in good fun...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    My better half is using the my 30oz today out by the pool for the first time. Looks like mine just got commadeared and a trip to Academy is in my near future. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    The UPS man has made a deer trail through the front yard delivering crap for the wife. I'm good for a LONG time. 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Got one myself a few days ago, things pretty badass!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Obviously, Wilma doesn't read the forum. 
    If she did, it wouldn't be good for me because I've shared things like her being a cheapskate and this flattering picture of her.  She was irritated with me when I snapped this one.

Flint, Michigan
  • Trucker1950
    Options
    Now I sent all of my brothers, sisters, neices, nephews, wives, and or husbands, Yeti's. It was Christmas in July, the guys got 30's and the ladies got the 20's. No one had any complaints, other than my bank account, but it was a suprise for them all!! 
    Sarasota,Fl.  Just me and Miles, the Boston Terrier, a and LBGE
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Freddie's Yeti breaking it in with a couple of Summer Shantys.  I'm not going to mess with any tests because it's been done.  I'm going to spend my time enjoying my Yeti!

Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Wilma asks that I don't serve her anything with a face.
    For most dishes, it's usually sliced off first....

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Botch said:
    Wilma asks that I don't serve her anything with a face.
    For most dishes, it's usually sliced off first....
    I really want to do a whole pig.  Wilma not enthusiastic about it.  She quotes the face rule even though the face won't touch her plate.  The idea of a cooked face nearby gives her the willies!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I really want to do a whole pig.  Wilma not enthusiastic about it.  She quotes the face rule even though the face won't touch her plate.  The idea of a cooked face nearby gives her the willies!
    Brother Fred, if you can ever get her to try properly prepared and cooked jowl meat, I'm willing to bet you a dollar against a dog biscuit that she will fight you over "face" meat from then on. It's the best meat on the carcass. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Freddy - Dude, I bought MBW Louis Vuitton purses, jewelry, cars, clothes, etc., just so I can play in Egg Land, with 2 BGEs, Yetis, and ALL THE OTHER shtuff that is mentioned on here. I promise to all that is holy, jewelry has saved my butt more than once.
    I know the rules, that is why I pick the couches in our home. ( back up plan, just in case) 
    There is nothing like being the king of your castle. Yeah, sure.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    If she thinks Yeti and BGE stuff is expensive, then don't take up photography! 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If she thinks Yeti and BGE stuff is expensive, then don't take up photography! 
    Um, I think that is too late. Yeah, I did.
    whatcha got? Canon head here.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky