Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yeah wife always kick my butt at it.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,206
    Options
    Ha! Can't believe I remembered it. That game was the only thing I ever put on layaway. I was in my early teens and I was so embarrassed that I mowed a neighbors lawn and paid off the layaway after only one day. Good times...
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    We are all hurting here in South Carolina given the recent events. Prayers to those directly impacted. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    We are all hurting here in South Carolina given the recent events. Prayers to those directly impacted. 
    Prayer said. Horrible event in every way.  Best we can hope for is that nothing like that EVER happens again.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Scrolling through the fours, and ready to do battle like last week.  Let's hope Charlie and his friends show up to play again. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options
    Is theAngus1978 said:
    It's bourbon time.
    Is there ever NOT a bourbon time?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    I'm pretty excited about my first brisket. So far I've showed it to all the kids and my wife in bed. They are not as excited. On the way home from the store I had it in the passenger seat and the car wanted it to have the seatbelt on after some constant dinging I obliged. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    Getting ready to head out to Tybee Island for Fathers Day!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • DinnerIsComing
    Options
    Right now I am stuck at work.

Is it bad that I was already day dreaming about getting home and firing up the coals for dinner before I even made it off my street this morning?
    Brace yourself,
    DinnerIsComing
     XLBGE
    22" Weber Kettle
    Weber Spirit E-310 Propane Gasser
    The Webers make for nice Eggcessory storage bins!

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Baseball. Same as every Saturday.  Beautiful day. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mowing, then baseball, then shoveling rock.  Yay! me!

(Love the baseball, hate the other two)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Shopping for an oscillating vertical fan.  Any brand or feature suggestions or warnings?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    Kicking myself, and waiting for my Large to cool down.  I've always lit my lump in the center, early this morning I tried lighting in two spots, and it took off quicker than I was expecting, wrapped the thermometer.  
    Almost three hours and she's still too hot for ribs.  :( 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Legume
    Options
    Put a big bowl of cold water in there @Botch
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Botch how hot is to hot?  you can run pretty high with ribs, especially at beginning.  Surface temp will keep rub from burning.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Legume said:
    Shopping for an oscillating vertical fan.  Any brand or feature suggestions or warnings?
    When looking for oscillating fans I try to get one that moves air and turns side to side.
  • Lit
    Options
    Just got our new kitchen sink delivered and it's damaged. I hate you UPS.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Legume said:
    Put a big bowl of cold water in there @Botch
    Thanks, will remember that for next time (and hopefully there won't be a next time).

Once the temp dropped to 325 I went ahead and put on the ribs, I'm sure they'll be fine.   

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Lit
    Options
    Legume said:
    Lit said:
    Just got our new kitchen sink delivered and it's damaged. I hate you UPS.
    I think you should complain to the manufacturer about the company you bought it from.
    Think you should suck a ****
  • Legume
    Options
    Well shoot.  I thought it was funny.
  • Lit
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's crazy the manufacturer didn't tell me it would work fine with the dent.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Again. After one inning behind the plate. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Sanding sod seams.... Oh the humidity! 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Maxed out. 

I wasn't thinking when I threw the butt on the large, I'd be cooking chicken for the week. I think I did this backwards. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    I think somebody smelled the egg... 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Do you dove tail, tongue and groove, or are do you use simple butt joints when you sand your sod?
  • Legume
    Options
    Could just be simply pounding sand.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Do you dove tail, tongue and groove, or are do you use simple butt joints when you sand your sod?
    You're a funny guy! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    You're a funny guy! 
    I've found the beating sun, high humidity, ànd manual labor really brings out the best in people.