Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef eye of round roast

Options
YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,989
Did a dry rub low and slow smoke with peach and mesquite. Pulled at 125, 
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    That looks excellent.  I did one recently and made sliders out of it.  I cooked it about 300 and got the outside a little darker just because I like it that way.  Thanks for posting this.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I did one last week myself. Lean and tasty in my book. Montreal Steak seasoning was my friend.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks like a great dinner!  Nice!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    If you have any leftovers, eye of round roasts make killer roast beef sandwiches.  Just partially freeze it, and slice as thin as possible.  A little mayo/horseradish combo, maybe some fried onion strips.  Booya.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    How long did you cook it on the l&s?
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Still one of the best cuts for sammies. Looks excellent. Ever tried Italian beef? Check out Amazing Ribs site. Similar to your cook, but they cook over a pan of broth as you do not want any crust. Slice. dip in the heated broth and serve with giardinera on a crust roll - Heaven!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!