Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not exactly Ozark Oak but all things considered......

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Out of Rockwood? That's blasphemy my  friend! 
    No doubt brother. You want to see real blasphemy? Look what I found while scratching around in the loft. I'm actually going to use them just for the heck of it. I think that I'm going to mix them 50/50 and let it rip with some burgers and dogs. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Photo Egg, storing the critical stuff up top for hurricane season.......

I may be at crystal beach saturday night, coming in for a class reunion........

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,188
    Options
    SGH said:
    Out of Rockwood? That's blasphemy my  friend! 
    No doubt brother. You want to see real blasphemy? Look what I found while scratching around in the loft. I'm actually going to use them just for the heck of it. I think that I'm going to mix them 50/50 and let it rip with some burgers and dogs. 

I've occasionally tossed in a few kingsford briquettes for flavor.  Especially on burgers, dogs, or pork chops.  I add them to my RW like wood chunks.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    I have been known to use a little KBB myself from time to time in my BGE. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SmokinBass
    SmokinBass Posts: 58
    Options
    I have used several brands. Lately I have been ordering fogo from Amazon. The bag has lots of bug chunks and seems to burn pretty well. I haven't tried Rockwood. Is it that much better? 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,231
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @SGH Cowboy? Really? Were you drunk when you bought it or did you send the Party Monster out to get lump? 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,636
    Options
    Kinda looks like @stemc33 on that bag-o-cowboy
  • RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options
    I used this lump to cook on a weber kettle last night at the beach, and was impressed. For those in NC, it is available at Lowes Food. 

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Legume said:
    No way... Just looked up the Cowboy Lump Story. Definitely not a Wyoming thing. Their story quickly loses me after mentioning the Western Frontier. I'm sure Ohio was not considered the western frontier in the early 1900's. 

http://www.cowboycharcoal.com/cowboymenu.html
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @SGH Cowboy? Really? Were you drunk when you bought it or did you send the Party Monster out to get lump? 
    I actually found that when I was scratching around in the loft. I have had it a long time. I will use it to bring one of the big units up before converting to wood. It being real cheap it's actually great for this purpose. I won't use it in my egg. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

stemc33 said:
    Legume said:
    No way... Just looked up the Cowboy Lump Story. Definitely not a Wyoming thing. Their story quickly loses me after mentioning the Western Frontier. I'm sure Ohio was not considered the western frontier in the early 1900's. 
    l
    I think that he was referring to the logo on the bag and your avatar. They do look similar brother stem. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I used this lump to cook on a weber kettle last night at the beach, and was impressed. For those in NC, it is available at Lowes Food. 
    It's actually a pretty decent lump for the money. Glad you liked it as well.

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    SGH said:

stemc33 said:
    Legume said:
    l
    I think that he was referring to the logo on the bag and your avatar. They do look similar brother stem. 
     I was just being facetious.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    Options
    I have used several brands. Lately I have been ordering fogo from Amazon. The bag has lots of bug chunks and seems to burn pretty well. I haven't tried Rockwood. Is it that much better? 
    I have never tried FOGO so I can't compare the two. However I have used quite a bit of Rockwood and i can honestly say that it is outstanding. RW and OO are my two favorites by miles. Sad to see OO go.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I've occasionally tossed in a few kingsford briquettes for flavor.  Especially on burgers, dogs, or pork chops.  I add them to my RW like wood chunks.
    Brother Ozzie we all have our own tricks and particular way of doing things. With that said, I cook beef back ribs exclusively over Kingsford. The only exception to this is if I'm using a wood fired unit. Then the KBB really serves no purpose. But on my ceramics, PBC or Weber, KBB is what I use for beef backs. 

Status- Standing by.