Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Night at the BGC Compound

Options
On the way home from the Sunshine State Eggfest in Port Canaveral, I stopped by Wassi's Meat Market in Melbourne, FL. They had a fresh shipment of Prime Tomahawk Ribeyes. Each of these weighed in at a massive 57oz and were approx 3" thick. Four of these bad boys followed me home. 

I started off roasting the ribeye on the XL, indirect at 250. The ribeye had been dry brined overnight, then seasoned with @MeatChurch Holy Cow rub and topped with fresh rosemary. This ribeye roasted until an internal temp of 118F, then seared in butter on a Lodge Cast Iron sear skillet atop the MIni Max. Final internal temp was 128F.

While the steak roasted, I roasted some potatoes tossed in salt, pepper, paprika and topped with fresh rosemary. These roasted for approx 45 minutes indirect at 400F.

Comments