Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I will still kind of be an egghead...

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    You know. One of those guys that are sort of light in the loafers
    Damn...nailed it.  The air must be much better down low.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Most importantly, congrats on the retirement.  I've got a buddy doing that and he says he's living the dream. He says all the fuss stay at home moms make is all smoke and mirrors.  B)

Congrats on that smoker as well. That's a fine rig.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Will you wear a flowered apron while home cooking all day on your new smoker? Seems like the thing to do. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I thought mommy groups were the thing to do. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    I wish eggs were square so I could cook more squarier food....

I wish eggs were square so I could cook more squarier food....
    @nolaegghead that's the best thing I've heard in a long time. 

Fing vanilla comments

@cazzy you will egg better food on that square thing than most of us egg with egg things. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • cazzy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Carl WTH?! NO answer to my PM? Really? If the offer is not copacetic let me know and I'll see if he'll can afford to go any higher.
    Sorry Blake...I honestly would prefer my eggs going to someone who can actually nail a brisket.  :loser: 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Oh No You Dittent! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm so lost here.  :o
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    As long as you still run the elfster
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    How much for your Dx2?  My smokinator rust-bucket needs one.  Since u r 2nd owner I'll give you $75.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Personally I hope you will continue to post here, even if the cooks are not from an Egg.  I think we would all like to see what is possible (no offense Scottie!)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • cazzy
    Options
    How much for your Dx2?  My smokinator rust-bucket needs one.  Since u r 2nd owner I'll give you $75.
    Did you ever think that the Guru was for my new pit?   =)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Ya know, one of those guys who's colour choices maybe just a bit too good. The dude that knows what a scrunchie is

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Do you think you'll be running lump in your new contraption?  I see on their website that they appear to be using briquettes in the video I was watching?  --just curious.

Also, +1 on JohnInCarolina's comment above regarding future posts.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• cazzy
    Options
    Ya know, one of those guys who's colour choices maybe just a bit too good. The dude that knows what a scrunchie is
    Just don't tell my wife okay.  She got a lil suspicious when I bust out pig tails and French braids on my daughter!  
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I hate when I think of you in the Leafs outfit

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Alright folks, I've done the unthinkable and have ordered a cabinet smoker.  I'm kinda ashamed to say that this is the same cabinet smoker that @SGH uses on a regular basis and was featured at Nola's Brisket Camp.

My eggs and table...

will now call my in-law's pool house their new home.  This will give me something good to cook on when I visit.  

At some point, I suppose I will purchase a mini or mini-max for the house.
    I fixed the one photo for you....  :rofl: 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Congrats if its true. I would not get rid of your eggs though. I love the backwoods vertical I got but its much more work to use than an egg. After I shut it down I have to hose the water pan out and drain it then let it run a little while to get everything to dry out so it doesn't rust then the next day I always go an pull the firebox and ash pan and make sure the bottom is dry so it doesn't rust. They cook great and you can do alot of food in them but I wouldn't consider it an everyday cooker. You better post some cooks though it looks nice.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @cazzy , I see nothing wrong with getting something different.  I am still on the look out of a smaller cooker myself for larger cooks and to have something I used to cook on.  It is a lot of fun shoveling coals for 12-14 hrs for some good Q.  

Ready to see the results!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2015
    Options

Briquettes?  Really?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • cazzy
    Options
    Lit said:
    Congrats if its true. I would not get rid of your eggs though. I love the backwoods vertical I got but its much more work to use than an egg. After I shut it down I have to hose the water pan out and drain it then let it run a little while to get everything to dry out so it doesn't rust then the next day I always go an pull the firebox and ash pan and make sure the bottom is dry so it doesn't rust. They cook great and you can do alot of food in them but I wouldn't consider it an everyday cooker. You better post some cooks though it looks nice.
    I see a mini or mini-max in my future for weekly stuff and the vault for all the heavy lifting.  I will post some pics for sure.  I'm excited to see if I can raise my brisket game with this. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Lit said:
    Cazzy is like: huh!? I do? Dats moar work!!
    edited April 2015
    Options

Briquettes?  Really?
    Yep.  Or straight wood or lump.

It's funny until you realize that I can cook 100lbs of food on 8 lbs of Kingsford blue.  What is that...like $6.   B)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Cazzy, eggcelsior told me "straight wood" and the other kind both taste the same.
    edited April 2015
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Carl WTH?! NO answer to my PM? Really? If the offer is not copacetic let me know and I'll see if he'll can afford to go any higher.
    Sorry Blake...I honestly would prefer my eggs going to someone who can actually nail a brisket.  :loser: 

Pucker up buttercup! 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

@SGH and @cazzy sittin' in a tree... S-M-O-K-I-N-G... briskets

Dude, your FIL is one lucky guy. When you get the offset, make sure you let me know if you need a place to "store" your Pitmaker :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    In other news, I cooked on the inside electrical thingie with the knobs and door today.  Thou Shalt Not Live By Egg Alone.........

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @cazzy $9.79 for 40lbs from HD during sales. I see your point, you need all the $$$ you need if you are switching teams.  I hear its expensive to get all new equipement.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @cazzy $9.79 for 40lbs from HD during sales. I see your point, you need all the $$$ you need if you are switching teams.  I hear its expensive to get all new equipement.
    I hear the recovery is the worst. Just keeps itching...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Guess I shouldn't have felt insulted. It wasn't for me but for my buddy using a Vision grille. His loss I guess. But, his has groovy ABS wheels :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL