Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange (SAVE THE DATE)

Options

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nanook said:
    Iim sorry that @PNWFoodie was offended....
    It's not about you. That's the point you're missing. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    20stone said:
    On the qualification issue - I will likely fall short of the posts, but would hope that cooking at Salado and NOLA's Brisket Camp (plus my good credit) would qualify me for playing

On the recent picture kerfuffle - @PNWFoodie and @henapple have met face to face (at Salado), and should be able to sort this out among themselves, and I don't find snide pokes from the cheap seats (@Nanook) all that constructive
    You're good man.  You've hit up Salado twice and I know several peeps who would vouch for you.  You're in.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    cazzy said:
    You're good man.  You've hit up Salado twice and I know several peeps who would vouch for you.  You're in.
    Cool.  It looks like many of these packages go pretty far afield of "rubs and sauces."  I will have to restrain myself a bit.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    @cazzy's rules, but I totally agree with the suggestion to get out there and post some cooks if you're not sure you can make it.  much better than just pumping post counts with fluff.

I would think participating in the upcoming throwdown that @NPHuskerFL is hosting would be a great idea if you're short on posts.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Yeah what about that throw down @NPHuskerFL ????
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    You setting up the elfster site @cazzy ?
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • cazzy
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    You setting up the elfster site @cazzy ?
    Yes...but there won't be a link available until I make the official thread (early june).  This is just a Save the Date thread and I wanted to give the new guys enough time to get their post counts up.
  • cazzy
    Options

Legume said:
    cazzy's rules, but I totally agree with the suggestion to get out there and post some cooks if you're not sure you can make it.  much better than just pumping post counts with fluff.

I would think participating in the upcoming throwdown that @NPHuskerFL is hosting would be a great idea if you're short on posts.
     LOL...I guess.  This is my third one and they've all been pretty successful.  I just may know what I'm doing.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Throwdown will be announced very soon. Likely early part of next week or maybe over the weekend depending on activities. I've gotta hit the beach so we'll see. I hope to see some of the new blood in this one. 
    & you're a fine host @cazzy   Well at least I think so. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    . I've gotta hit the beach so we'll see. 
    Man, that's tough. I don't see how you do it!  ;)
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    I'd love to participate.  Count me in!  Are there any international players?
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited March 2015
    Options
    20stone said:
    On the qualification issue - I will likely fall short of the posts, but would hope that cooking at Salado and NOLA's Brisket Camp (plus my good credit) would qualify me for playing

On the recent picture kerfuffle - @PNWFoodie and @henapple have met face to face (at Salado), and should be able to sort this out among themselves, and I don't find snide pokes from the cheap seats (@Nanook) all that constructive
    I have nothing but love for @henapple. There is no kerfuffle between us.  On the other hand, @Nanook I'm definitely over a certain forum member...with less posts and in persons than me. Smooches. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @PNWFoodie  @SGH came to my house today.  We cooked almost 2 sacks of oysters on my medium that I brought to the crawfish competition.  He said he wishes you could have made it and he's sorry he didn't make it to Salado.  He has his first day off work except for Christmas in 3.5 months. We're gonna nail some cooks tomorrow.  We made about 40 pounds of sausage today.  I'm sofa king tired.  And I have to be at the fest at 7.  Shoot me in the head. ;)
    Options
    @PNWFoodie  @SGH came to my house today.  We cooked almost 2 sacks of oysters on my medium that I brought to the crawfish competition.  He said he wishes you could have made it and he's sorry he didn't make it to Salado.  He has his first day off work except for Christmas in 3.5 months. We're gonna nail some cooks tomorrow.  We made about 40 pounds of sausage today.  I'm sofa king tired.  And I have to be at the fest at 7.  Shoot me in the head. ;)
    I'm so sad I didn't get to meet him - and so glad I got to meet you! I'm actually going to have some time to post pics this weeken if I can figure it out. I've been crazy busy (and recovering) since I got back, but I finally have some time this weekend. Am I correct that the lovely fleur is mrs. NOLA?
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Wow just saw this thread, what a geat idea!!!! I'm in on this for sure. New England may not be known for bbq blends but we've got some seafood blends that'll make you weep!
    Just out of curiosity what seafood blends do you like?
  • Phatchris
    Options
    Oh and I'm in , going to be somewhat tough finding great Q rubs and sauces in Boston, but I'll make it happen!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Oh and I'm in , going to be somewhat tough finding great Q rubs and sauces in Boston, but I'll make it happen!
    If you get someone in the south send them snow @Phatchris
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Phatchris
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Phatchris said:
    It's actually starting to melt finally, until I looked out the window this AM and it's snowing again =)
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Stop trying so hard!
    Who is trying too hard?
    I was referencing the people that were doing the one word at a time post. That was just trying to hard! But now we have senior people doing mocking and its really starting to be a turn off. I'm not going to lose sleep if I'm not invovled. You had a good idea and there are always those that will screw it up for others not matter what limits or standards you set. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    grege345 said:
    Phatchris said:
    It's actually starting to melt finally, until I looked out the window this AM and it's snowing again =)
    At least you're not in Italy. http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/10/europe/italy-possible-snow-record/
  • Phatchris
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    grege345 said:
    Phatchris said:
    At least you're not in Italy. http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/10/europe/italy-possible-snow-record/
    That is pretty amazing.... Hopefully they have some ski resorts nearby to enjoy it!

Edit- looks like they do have a small ski resort there.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Phatchris said:
    This is a really bad idea. :angry: 
  • Phatchris
    edited March 2015
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Phatchris said:
    This is a really bad idea. :angry: 
    The mounds are slowly melting
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    The only thing I found under the mounds of snow was mounds of poop

LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• cazzy
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    cazzy said:
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Stop trying so hard!
    Who is trying too hard?
    I was referencing the people that were doing the one word at a time post. That was just trying to hard! But now we have senior people doing mocking and its really starting to be a turn off. I'm not going to lose sleep if I'm not invovled. You had a good idea and there are always those that will screw it up for others not matter what limits or standards you set. 
    You have to take everything with a grain of salt around these parts.  I think you will end up being involved!!  It really is fun!
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    It's all good.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Phatchris
    Options
    grege345 said:
    The only thing I found under the mounds of snow was mounds of poop

Same here.... Lots and lots of poop
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Maybe we need an escrow account. Everyone who wants to participate can send @cazzy a $100 SRF gift card. Anyone who gets shorted gets one. 

as far as the rest he can return or cook a brisket depending on his mood and how much he likes you :) 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle