Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What gift was your favorite this year?

Options
For me. a Wusthof 14 inch hollow edge grand Brisket slicer.

Comments

• ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    Options
    I have to narrow it down to 3. My birthday was this week so I am including a picture of Delicate Arch from Arches National park that my wonderful wife picked out. It is printed on metal and is incredible. It looks like I am there when I look at it. Since that is one of my favorite places in the world I cannot express how awesome it is. I got an Adjustable rig for Christmas from my parents, and my wife and I are getting a Lab puppy. I am beyond blessed and excited about these 3 things. 

Suwanee, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    My new mini max.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    My family and friends gathered together.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Mini Max
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Zmokin said:

I think I got the best present ever.  It came 2 days early.

A job offer!!!!!

Yay, starting Jan 12, I'm back among the gainfully employed.

Congratulations!
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Zmokin said:

A job offer!!!!!

Zmokin said:

A job offer!!!!!

Congrats Z. That's big time. Mine would have to be a Looft Lighter and the other cephalon pans to add to my collection.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    @cazzy‌ why not have BGC make you a few juice box cuzzys?!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Have to say the best was a healthy baby girl but I'm also pretty happy with my backwoods fatboy. Just finished choppin 15 pounds of shoulder and spraying it out.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I received a Lodge drop biscuit pan that I've been eyeing. I'm gonna experiment with it. My Mom gave us a bit of cash and I'm thinking of getting a Tormek T7 sharpening system. I can sharpen our knives and my woodworking tools as well.
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    Looks like everybody scored up. @zmokin congrats on the job man. @lit congrats on the healthy baby. @cazzy nice house bro. We are wanting to build a new one too. Hell congrats everybody! Besides the smiles on my kids faces, here is my favorite.....

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Just heard that my niece in law (married my nephew just a week before Thanksgiving) has a spinal cord tumor and is in the Neuro ICU in Pittsburgh with leg paralysis. My favorite gift just became a full recovery.
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    Sorry to hear that TJ. I hope she has a full recovery. Thoughts and prayers go out to her.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    We were driving from PA toward FL yesterday, planned to stay in Charlotte, NC last night. I texted a co-worker/friend that I've known for a bit over 8 years and tell him we will be staying nearby that night. I knew if he found out we were in town and didn't let him know he would have been offended. I figured we could meet up for breakfast this morning, etc.

Well he promptly calls yesterday and says his wife insists they invite us for Christmas dinner with their family. Spending Christmas dinner hanging out with them, their children, and grand children was so much nicer than spending the evening hanging out in a hotel room.

This easily bests my Pelican 65 and KJ Jr for my favorite Christmas gift this year.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    As others before have said Family and friends has got to be the best gift of all... But I must admit I was pretty stoked with this gift from my Wife..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • badinfluence
    Options
    I would have to say just being home with my family is the greatest gift.
    if talking mare rial things i would have to say my new vitamix 750 got me pretty stoked or the Sonos sound system. Makes the top of the list for me.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Nick311
    Options
    5 pounds of grape vine chips to smoke with. Yum yum
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Paelle Pan!  Now I have to cook it!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• badinfluence
    Options
    Oh i forgot my new macro lense for my camera.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    First, my lord and savior Jesus Christ!

Gift wise....Yeti
    Brandon, MS
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My new smokin-it #3 image
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    For me. a Wusthof 14 inch hollow edge grand Brisket slicer.

let us know what you think of it. I have had an eye on that new 14" monster. I currently have a couple 12" , one being the victronox which I really like. The extra length could be handy though.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

Yep, best Christmas present every year is celebration of Christ's birthday

On the earthly front, I'd have to say all of you on this forum who give me great advice and post so  many awesome resources that I've upped my game considerably in just the past year or so,  THIS forum is REAL mindsharing!

I hope that I can make worthwhile contributions, and I wish everyone on earth had a BGE!

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Like everyone, another happy and healthy year for family and friends is an amazing gift. I spent most of the holidays feeling frustrated with how we are all expected to spend spend spend, instead of just using the time to gather with each other. Then I get this from my dad and felt a little hypocritical because I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. image
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Smith & Wesson Model 629. 6-3/4" barrel, very nice trigger, laser sight grips. Will put feral hogs on the BGE.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to get the Stoker with WiFi.  It may be heresy to say this, but I think I've got all the hardware/accessories I need for the egg, thanks to this and Ceramic Grill Store.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Gift from old forum gift exchange from Scott. Towels image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Friends and family and a Yeti 65.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    My bride..I'm a blessed man.
    As far as I materials things..all my BGE SWAG
    thermoworks dual temp thermo.
    Thermo pop
    Bbq gloves
    Smoke ware rain cap
    Broil king rib rack
    bought myself a Looftlighter
    Santa was good to me...
    ....now I need the AR From cgi...lol

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida