Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Confused on what to do........

Options
13»

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options

Does your wife have any sisters???

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    heathen said:

I think the real thing that's causing the problem deciding is, I got a ton if different grills that can handle anything I want to cook.

I got a Pellet Smoker, 2 Kettles, WSM, UDS, Gasser.

I guess I will take you guys advice and keep it. It's not that I don't want it, it's that I wasn't sure I wanted it now.

Well you mentioned the cash aspect. Fire up the egg and see its ability then sell your other grills and don't look back. Problem solved
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Damn under 1100.00 and you want to return it? Hell where are you I will buy it and everything for 1100.00 if you don't want it.

wait till your dealer calls you and thanks you at the end of the year after spending over 13000.00 in 1 year on eggs and eggcessories. :(
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What other grilling things were you thinking of?

I like my gasser as a warming oven or a place to throw the Lodge flat top. It also does great burgers or hot dogs if we are in a hurry or sometimes I spin a chicken. Side burner is great for sauce and reducing marinades to sauces. 
    The Smokey Joe is nice for the two of us - Maple Leaf briquettes are very neutral and do great beer and brats or a chicken breast. 
    The egg is the queen of low and slow, but also does a fantastic sear or just grilling if the quantity of food demands it. 
    Camp stove or turkey burner is my go to for using the woks. Incredible temp control and ready immediately. 
    Different tools for different needs.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • grill4us
    grill4us Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks for correcting me Fred19Flintstone!  I only have a large BGE - so heathen maybe the AR rig will be one of your toys for the egg!  
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options

Dude, just add the egg to your arsenal.  Within a year it will be the grill that you use the most.  My XL plus accessories cost me $1700 out the door.  At this point, I have 5 grills that I use at home.  I love having all that grill real estate.  Sometimes I cook on grills other than the egg just because I can - or to supplement the egg in a big cook.  That's why I haven't gotten an AR because while having more space on my egg would be nice, I don't really need more space overall. 

One of the best things about the egg is that I never have to cover it.  When I'm done cooking on it I just bring in whatever utensils, etc I have been using and close the vents (using the ceramic cap on top) and I don't have to go  back outside after dinner to clean up and cover it after it cools down.  The egg and the plastic side tables are weatherproof. 

Relax and enjoy it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Coastalcooker
    Options
    A man explained to me, "I can light my gas grill go fishing and not worry about it." He comes home to burned food often, but if he drinks enough scotch, he doesn't notice.
    In his eyes I am a fool to take so much time and effort to cook. He likes boiled pork, at least he eats it a lot.
    If you do not want to make the effort to cook good food take it back. It will sit unused in the garage while you fire up the gasser
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE