Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got my First Yeti...

Options

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    SoCalWJS said:

With no way to completely seal these things up, how spill-proof are they?

Not very I've spilled the large one several times, you'd be surprised how much can come out of the opening.
    Seattle, WA
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    With no way to completely seal these things up, how spill-proof are they?
    Not very I've spilled the large one several times, you'd be surprised how much can come out of the opening.
    I was afraid of that. Thanks.
    South SLO County
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    Just received mine today. Thanks for spending more of my money.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If anyone is thinking about getting the stainless straws pay attention to the length. The ones I ordered are 8.5" long and they only stick out the top about an inch on the big yeti. They are perfect for the smaller one though. I just ordered another set that aren't bent that ar 12". It was funny my wife asked today where I got the idea for stainless straws and I told her. She said this forum owes me money.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Lit said:
    If anyone is thinking about getting the stainless straws pay attention to the length. The ones I ordered are 8.5" long and they only stick out the top about an inch on the big yeti. They are perfect for the smaller one though. I just ordered another set that aren't bent that ar 12". It was funny my wife asked today where I got the idea for stainless straws and I told her. She said this forum owes me money.

we could all chip in, but we're in the same boat
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ BTW, I found out that steam pans can hang on the lip inside the Pelican coolers. A 65 may have been ordered.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @DMW - my only complaint with the Pelicans is they're heavy as hell.  Your Pelican will last longer than you will, and if someone is shooting at you, hide behind it.  Ok, maybe that last bit is bad advice. Hit 'em over the head with it.
    Options
    @nolaegghead Yeah, I was showing SWMBO the coolers I was considering and she saw the weight of the 95. She goes, 51 lbs WT? (She doesn't curse). I say yeah, check out the one I'm going to get, 48 lbs. She looks at me like I'm an idiot. I tell her, this stays in the back of the truck, we take a smaller cooler for stuff we will use back and forth. She just rolls her eyes.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @DMW - I have a collapsible dolly that makes moving it EZ.  Not a solution for loading in vehicles, but I'm not old and feeble yet like @SGH. ;)
    Options
    @nolaegghead - Something like this?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I think I just btroke the internet
    Options
    broke
    Options
    What did you do?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Copied a cropped zoom on Sears.  Then pasted it here.
    Options
    @hapster - Sorry about hijacking your thread and now @nolaegghead broke it. @nolaegghead I alreayd have the cart I posted pics of, I'll give it a try. I can't see what I'm typing. I'll be the typos are nuts.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Does it look weird to you or is it just my computer?
    @nolaegghead‌ call up kim kardashian and give her some tips. Her big ass couldn't do it.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That cart will work fine if it can handle the weight.
    Options
    It completely goofed and pasted the pic on top of posts. Hmm...that code must be really weird.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Probably some North Korean hacker code in there...now the Vanilla server is a conduit for stealing email from Sony Pictures.
    Options
    I used that cart when we actually took real gear out to demo to customers. I hauled a mini rack with switches, IP-PBX, WLAN controllers, and a few phones. Occasionally a server or so as well as a few 40# IPS systems at the same time. I'll use it until it breaks.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    That's probably a better dolly than I have - I need to bungie cord or rope the Pelican on it, shorter bottom.
    Options
    @DMW Costco has a collapsible wagon for like $60 in the season that is big enough to take my 50 qt Yeti and Mini in Carten to the pool in. I'm sure it would hold up to a 100qt Yeti or Pelican.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Actually scratch my last post. Just looked and my wagon is 36"and the 65qt Pelican is 37". Thats weird cause the 65qt Yeti is only 31".
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Lit said:
    Actually scratch my last post. Just looked and my wagon is 36"and the 65qt Pelican is 37". Thats weird cause the 65qt Yeti is only 31".
    That doesn't surprise me, the Pelican actually holds 72.5 qt of liquid inside, the Yeti is more like 58 or something.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm shipping 12 20 Oz out to clients today...loaded with Starbucks Via and gift cards. I bought my main boss a yeti 50....she put a pool in last summer and their kids play ball.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited August 2016
    Options
    New lid and straw for yeti cups. Picked up one for 30 and 20, along with a sidekick for the hopper.
    Held off the yeti ice for now... Hitting the lake for a week so these will be nice. 

Also so want to add the hopper must not have done bad... All new color out and now the hopper 40. The color is tan... RTIC tards... Should get worked up over this ;)

Seattle, WA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Once you purchase your first one, it gets easier after that. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • cfuller3
    cfuller3 Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't want to come in here and be accused of ruining someone's post toasties... but check in the back of walmart, usually the sports section. Their branded version.   Tumblers.  Then if that doesn't set ya off, google it. If ya need the name bad enough, you can engrave it.   Identical performance, in fact, it's said it's out of the same factory and process.  I'm a messenger.  "something trail"...... Ozark Trail... check it.  8 bucks.  Figured you guys were on top of this already.
    Portsmouth, VA.  LBGE.  Missed all this fun till now.   Update: Minimax added to arsenal. Hint, don't take off camping for a month after getting a LBGE, and leave it home, it'll cost you plenty.