Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Married Folk- Where Was the Honeymoon?

Options

Comments

• volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Spent a month traveling all over New Zealand back in 2005. Would love to go back. Absolutely beautiful country!
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Options
    Married at City Hall on a Friday, stayed the night at the Royal York Hotel and back to work on Monday morning.  My folks paid for our wedding rings we were soo poor.  My god it was great!
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @lilwooty

here is the cliff(from the internet, not mine) 40 ft drop. My wife wanted to kill me.

• BizGreenEgg
    Options
    Spain, just last month. We went to Madrid, Barcelona, Granada, Cordoba, and Sevilla.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Africa for close to a month.  Amazing - Botswana, South Africa and Mauritius.  I hope to go back one day but it was really something else.  
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    Married 10 years this past June. Did not have the money for a 'honeymoon' or a big fancy wedding. Went straight to the JOP. However, things have changed and we have been on 5 cruises, several Bahamas trips, and other cool places.

I guess the appropriate response should be.. Everyday with my wife is a Honeymoon..
    :D
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:

shtgunal3 said:

I got married 21 days after my eighteenth bday . I literally didn't have a dime to my name. We got married at the courthouse and her mom paid for us to go to Gatlinburg, TN. That was almost 21 years ago and she is still hanging with me.

Your MIL?
    I thought you said milf.
    For shame!
    Flint, Michigan
  • gator_egger
    Options
    After I knocked up my old lady, we got hitched at the JP, then moved in with my auntie for 2 years. Living in New Haven seemed like a honeymoon to us, at first.
  • Coastalcooker
    Options
    We got married on Saturday afternoon at the Ocoee Whitewater Center. It was cold. We went to her mountain place near Blue Ridge. The wind was blowing and the pump lost prime. I couldn't find a crescent wrench so was trying to pour water after dark into the 1/4 hole the gauge fits in. We hauled water from the creek and had a pleasant evening. We went over to Ellijay Saturday night and after a while went home Sunday so I could work in Atlanta on Monday.
    Our first cruise spent the first night at Jeckyl Island, the next at Cumberland and then several days in St Augustine. We haven't made that run lately, need to do it again his fall.
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Ireland for 2weeks. My wife is Irish, I'm Polish, not sure how she managed to slip me past her family without them figuring that out...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We didn't go away, but did have a great honeymoon over 43 years ago
    Stayed the first night at a hotel in Kingston, Ontario, (our reeception was at the Hockey Hall of Fame) then 20 miles north for a quiet week on the lake at my parent's cottage. It was mid June so with school still in, we had the lake to ourselves. Have no idea why SWMBO puts up with me.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • NervousDad
    Options
    We went to Yellow Stone park and it was one of my favorite vacations.
    Aurora,OH
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    We got married on Saturday afternoon at the Ocoee Whitewater Center. It was cold. We went to her mountain place near Blue Ridge. The wind was blowing and the pump lost prime. I couldn't find a crescent wrench so was trying to pour water after dark into the 1/4 hole the gauge fits in. We hauled water from the creek and had a pleasant evening. We went over to Ellijay Saturday night and after a while went home Sunday so I could work in Atlanta on Monday.
    Our first cruise spent the first night at Jeckyl Island, the next at Cumberland and then several days in St Augustine. We haven't made that run lately, need to do it again his fall.
    This sentence can be taken multiple ways. Tee hee!
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    1976 Acapulco
    Stayed at Las Brisas. Rented a pink Jeep to drive. Got pulled over by police, said I ran a red light light "Rojo".....
    He threaten to arrest me. I gave him $40 and he let me go
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Maui with the practice (first) wife. Jamaica with #2.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Met SWMBO at the Banff Springs Hotel when we were both working there. Moved back to Winnipeg with her for my career. We went back for our honeymoon 2 years later. We still knew a bunch of people in different departments. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite which was a two floor room and had all the luxury services of a king and queen.
    I got kicked out of the Banff Springs Hotel once!!!   :)

Do tell.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Zarcon said:

Married 10 years this past June. Did not have the money for a 'honeymoon' or a big fancy wedding. Went straight to the JOP. However, things have changed and we have been on 5 cruises, several Bahamas trips, and other cool places.

I guess the appropriate response should be.. Everyday with my wife is a Honeymoon..
    :D

She must be in the room with you. X_X
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We stayed at TiKaye in St. Lucia - little villas built into the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean - amazing place.

Photos from the web.

imageimage
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    We stayed at TiKaye in St. Lucia - little villas built into the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean - amazing place.

Photos from the web.

imageimage
    Why do you have to be so white John?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Whistler, BC - June 2001

And no, I'm not married to @TFols‌ :D
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Disney World
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Did the Disney wedding with the honeymoon across the lake. It was pretty awesome
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Why do you have to be so wealthy John?
    FTFY.   
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options

shtgunal3 said:

I got married 21 days after my eighteenth bday . I literally didn't have a dime to my name. We got married at the courthouse and her mom paid for us to go to Gatlinburg, TN. That was almost 21 years ago and she is still hanging with me.

Your MIL?
    Yes. MIL ......not MILF @henapple

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Jamaica at one of the Sandals resorts.  Nice place, but doubt I'd go back to Jamaica again for a number of reasons.  We went to a fantastic all-inclusive in the Riviera Maya in Mexico last summer for our 20th and loved it. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    We went on an Alaskan cruise. I got married the day before my 30th birthday. Told her I was going to miss out on birthday parties the rest of my life. We got married in May and did not go on the cruise until July. I can't wait to take my kids there. It was a lot of fun and am looking forward to going back. 10 year anniversary is 1.5 years away, maybe I need to start planing.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

cazzy said:

FTFY.   

You don't need to state the obvious John, I know wealth comes with being white.

I guess this does too! I found a picture from your college days.

You had really cool hair then too! =))
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DoofusOfTheDay
    Options
    Bermuda, and the guy working the front desk was my broom hockey teammate from College in New Hampshire.  
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    What's "Broom Hockey"? Is that like curling? Curling is on ice and uses brooms.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    cazzy said:
    cazzy said:
    FTFY.   
    You don't need to state the obvious John, I know wealth comes with being white. I guess this does too! I found a picture from your college days. image You had really cool hair then too! =))
    LOL - I'm sorry but that looks a lot more like your cheap Jamaican cruise.